April 23, 2014 | 1895 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2008 4:53:00 AM More reviews by dogsinfl

I usually just use foundation over my eye lids because I'd get too lazy to apply Clinique touch base in canvas or MAC paint in bare canvas. Both of those products were great primers and came in great colors, but inevitably they'd fall by the wayside in the morning routine. So far though EB in wheat is a new habit, probably because it covers easily (it's a thin liquid that dries matte), the color is a perfect match, and even though I still have to use my fingers I start by dabbing the wand once on each lid (too much product otherwise). Maybe this too shall pass, but I like the matte results and not having to do anything else to my eyes (although I do set with secret brightening powder). My lids do crease by late afternoon so I can't give it a 5. It's also expensive to use this plus a concealer, so I will keep looking for a non-greasy concealer that can do it all.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by wentan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually prefer using this as an eye base concealer rather than using the secret camouflage. The scret camouflage is way too moist/oily for me (I have a combination skin), it makes my mascara run downs, even when I'm wearing a waterproof mascara.

So far, this Laura eye Basics in buff and Cargo OneBase is the best concealor I've tried.

P.S: If I have to choose between the two.. I would go with Cargo - just because the color tone match my skin better (I have a yellow base skin color, the Eye basics is a bit more pinkish). That's why I gave an overall rating of 3 and no, i would not buy this product again. Otherwise, it is a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by redandfuzzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

So...I am very, very pale and I actually use this as a concealer all over my face as well. This seemed to horrify a Laura Mercier make-up artist, but whatever, it works for me. I use linen and it's wonderful. Actually covers my under-eye circles AND can cover blemishes over my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by aer

I have tried everything under the sun, and have found that LM's Eye Basics are the best for me. I am very fair and I have visible little veins on my lids, and this does the trick. I use Linen, sometimes Wheat, Basic Peach, Buff and Bisque. I like to use them as cream shadow as well. They last all day, through sweating, whatever. I set it with a little translucent powder or Secret Brightening powder, then apply shadow over it if needed. It makes the shadow apply so smoothly and keeps it from creasing and it also gives you a much truer shade of the shadow. I can't go without this. Looks great on days when I don't want to wear makeup, but need to look "awake", that, and little mascara and the secret concealer with the Secret Brightening powder and I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Guru4u

The best seller is "Wheat" and works on many skin tones. The texture is liquidy but not runny so it smoothes on evenly. Conceals undertones on the lid. Helps shadow stay put and show true color. Great product to have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by SinCity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried UD Primer Potion and agree it really helps eyeshadow stick but I really need a little extra coverage to even out the color of my lids. I have this in Linen. The first time I bought it I ended up returning it because I couldn't get it to blend properly...but I tried it again and, although sometimes it takes a little extra work to get it to blend well (it seems to depend on the day), the result is a nice, even base that works well with my powder eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by waterchika

I got this when I was at sephora but they were out of UDPP. The girl showed me this and I went sure why not I am impatient. I have this in pink...I think that's what its called at least. Here is what I DO like about it...because it is pink it covers up any dark circles/discoloration on my eyes beautifully in the morning. And since it once again is pink sometimes when I am feeling really lazy/no makeupy it works as a natural eye color. However...I got this originally as a primer...and although it does an OK job...I find my eyeshadows creasing and all that by the end of the day so I think I'll go back to UDPP when this is used up...

*OK I had to edit it/give it 1 more lippie. I did some hardcore eye makeup yesterday with this under it and my eyeshadow didn't crease at all. Yay!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by tgkinley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Used to be my go to for an eye primer, but admittedly wasn't satisified (just figured it was my lids) -until I found Urban Decay Potion (now HG.)

This is nice, goes on smooth, dries quickly, but just doesn't hold shadow all day if your lids are sort of oily-prone. Also - you need to select a color, and lightest too light, wheat...too beige for me (Shiseido O2O.) UD Potion dries clear however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2007 12:38:00 PM More reviews by rolanda

I like this. I have it in Mocha and Wheat. Both work nicely for me, either alone or with other shadows. The Mocha, which is a lovely, taupy brown with a hint of purple, looks great on its own as a lid color. Wheat works great as a wash for a natural make-up day. It's a beigey vanilla color that wakes up my face. They both work great under other shadows. Now, having said all that, I do have a complaint. These can look really crepey on my 41-year-old eyelids. I have to be really careful with the amount I use and with blending. I've found that using a creme eyeshadow brush and a *very* small amount really keeps the crepeyness at bay. A few years ago, I didn't have this problem with them, so you younger girls, or any age with oily skin, might not experience this. For reference: fair/medium w/ green undertone, dark brown hair, v. dark brown eyes.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Marciaferrell

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great for a primer for the eyelids. It makes your eyeshadow stay on all day with no creases. I have it in the Linen color which is light but the shadow covers the lighntness so it is fine. Next time I will get it in the Wheat. Great product. Highly recommend.