Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

WHAT IN THE WORLD?? I'm at a loss for words after seeing how low this eye liner is rated. I've been using this everyday for the last 3 or so years and couldn't be more satisfied. I can't count how many bottles I've been through. Maybelline Ultra Liner is by far my favorite liquid liner! I love the vivid black formula and the felt-tip applicator, which gives me incredible control over the thickness and shape of the line I want to draw. I usually do a winged line and this is perfect for that.

I've seen many complaints about how the product is not pigmented. This couldn't be further from the truth! This stuff is very black and very vivid. I'm NW 50 and it really makes my lash line stand out. Also, it dries right away and has amazing staying power. I've never had any issues with flaking. I also noticed a lot of complaints about the shortness of the brush. Well, that's what gives you control over the precision of your line.

This liquid liner is only $6 and is a very high quality product. Yes, the packaging could be a little better but I guess that's the trade-off for the cheapness. There are not many drugstore eye liners that can compare to it. This is by no means a bad product as many reviews suggest (to my surprise). I've been a fan of this product for years and will continue to repurchase. In fact, it is the only liquid liner I use. I just hope it's never discontinued. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this liquid liner. It's fantastic!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Horrible liquid liner! Don't waste your money. Not only is the brush too short, but the product is not pigmented... It goes on grey. Also, it scratches right of and peels like a strip of glue. Gross.

This product doesn't offer enough color. You'd have to line your eye 3-4 times just to get a good color pay out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, people who buy this are wasting their time. When I first put it on, it looked so good!! And then I put on mascara and it looked like my eyes had black dandruff.. It flakes SOOO bad. Omg. It's not too hard to put it on but no matter how easy it is it's not worth it. It is also not the slightest bit waterproof. AT ALL. (I had waterproof) I now use the line stiletto by maybelline and it is much better. Flakes a little but DEFINITELY not as bad as this one.

It's a bit weird feeling on your eyes if you do a few coats. lasts long, and very black. I like it generally but i don't LOVE it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof Liquid Liner in Black wound up only being a little better than average; this could be better. I like how the formula dries quickly & sets to a semi-matte finish. It stays on well enough, but not all day. It flakes & cracks with the passing of time, & it definitely isn't waterproof. I really like the brush. The hairs are short & I find the product easy to apply because of that.

This probably isn't the eyeliner to use if you have an oily skin type like me. I don't like wearing this for an extended period of time because the flaking gets bad & then product is all over the place. I am not sure if it's because of my skin or because of the formula, but I can actually peel the liner off with my fingers to remove it! As much as I love it for its intensity of the black & the finish, this isn't the first liquid eyeliner I'd reach for. I would buy another because I know it's cheap & it's alright to have just in case—it's better than nothing. I recommend it if you're not going to be a long time out like to a lunch date. If you're going to work or to a party, choose something else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

My favorite liquid liner ever. I sucked at applying it at first but I got the hang of it. It lasts ALL day and night as long as you don't rub your eye it won't flake off. If drys super quickly and has a strong black somewhat shiny look that I love. It's waterproof but peels off easily when you rub and wash your face so I love how long lasting it is and how easy it is to remove. Great product, highly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is not too expensive at around $6.00. It is very difficult to apply and the formula starts clumping after a month. Removal even with waterproof make-up remover is very difficult. It smudges and is hard to get off after. It cracks and flakes off within a few hours. I do not recommend this product. I would recommend the NYC liquid eyeliner. At only $3.00 it works so much better. It doesn't get clumpy and is very easy to apply. The color is dark and it stays on for hours.

After trying many eyeliners I usually come back to this one, mostly because instead of it smearing around your eyes giving you the raccoon look, it will kinda flake off. i would rather have it flake off and just apply a stick liner in parts it flaked off then having raccoon eyes! my eyelids are a little oily but it doesnt effect the liners staying power. I like how the liner is a nice black color as well and even though it says waterproof it isn't so waterproof. But I have repurchased plenty of times to know I like it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

In my experience, at first everything seemed ok but is lacking in lasting power. I have oily lids and after awhile it will start to flake.
If you're like me, i wouldn't recommend it. If you have dry skin then maybe.