October 24, 2014 | 1776 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Colour Eyeshadows

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2006 3:01:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to love Chanel but I noticed colors turning to dull and muddy on me. Dior colors stay on true and are richly pigmented. I find Chanel and other shadows rather sheer. Nothing stays on better!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2006 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Myaspace

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Incognito and Tender chic.

For my brown eyes, Tender chic is beautiful as well. I bought Bobbi Brown single eyeshadows previously, but I could not be able to finish completely and the time's up for replacement. We have to replace powder eyeshadow products every 2-3 years if not 1 year. I kept BB eyeshadows for more than 8 years and still a lot left and really it was a time to go. I threw them away.( wish BB's eyeshadow is smaller and less expensive. More practical.) At the end, eyeshadow palette is more economical for me. Yet still Dior is NOT inexpensive brand. I prefer eyeshadow palette for now. 1 lippie off for the cheap sponge applicater (shisheido is the best) and still the price. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2006 9:51:00 AM More reviews by pcjo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Dior 5-pan was my favorite until now. They have reformulated the shadows to be not as pigmented as they used to be and more shimmery. The new colors are not spectacular.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2006 3:40:00 AM More reviews by haneulhouseki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading all the good reviews on this here I was really excited to try this on. IMO Dior products are only so-so, they don't deserve the name and fame they have. Compared to other high-end eyeshadows, they aren't really anything special. I really wanted to like these eyeshadows, the colors are absolutely gorgeous in the pan. I normally use Japanese eyeshadows and compared to them (those don't or BARELY crease w/o primer), these crease like crazy (asian eyes). If you're looking for a good high-end eyeshadow try NARS, they rock! This was a total disappointment so I swapped it away to someone who would appreciate it more than me (:.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2005 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Wend1

The quality of the eyeshadows is outstanding and second to none. They go on easily, are unbelievably silky and soft, and they last all day without diminishing. On the eye they look like a high-end eyeshadow. The colours I have are a pinky-mauve, a pinky-peach, a warm beige, a cream and a mid-brown. The colours are very soft and subtle. The pinky-mauve and pinky-peach, however, look dreadful on me. They make me look tired and washed out, and accentuate the red in my eyes. Although I love the quality of the 5-pan eyeshadows I have not yet found a pan where I would(could) wear all of the colours. Rather than buy a five-pan to wear two or three colours, I would rather spend the same amount of money to buy two Stila or Bobbi Brown eyeshadows I know I will wear.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2005 4:18:00 PM More reviews by anitw

Bought this in Earth Glow. Very good eyeshadows. Beautiful colours and they are easy to apply. I think they are a tad pricy though.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2005 5:37:00 PM More reviews by trixie01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very sad :( Probably one the worst $50 I've ever spent. I think the CD colors are some of the best out there. The problem I had was the dry, itchy rash I got on my eyelids after wearing for about a 1/2 day! I even use an eyeshadow base, and it still managed to get through. I was very disappointed, because I love the colors, and they seem to have great staying power. But I can't re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2005 3:15:00 AM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

Excellent!!! Although the set may seem expensive, but you get 5 wonderful eyeshadows that do not crease, fade and thus are well worth the money! I find Dior's eyeshadows are generally much more pigmented than all high-end e/s so they're really good for lining eyes with a brush and water! many colors and shades to choose from and the packaging is nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Tulika_24

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

If you are reading these reviews to help makeup your mind about Dior shadows .... let me encourage you.. try them, you will not be disappointed. I've finally converted to Dior shadows after years of trying to make MAC, Stila and Lancome work. Though these brands too carry some great colors and textures, to my mind, nothing compares to Dior. Dior shadows are pigmented yet the colors are soft. The texture of the shadow is unbelievably silky and it has a sheen to it. Its not dull or matte but not frosty either. Infact it has the gently sheen you would see on silky fabric..looks most luxurious. The shadow is easy to blend and stays on well. I have Beige Massai.. beautiful shades of Peach and Brown. To enjoy the color even better, use a shadow base underneath and watch how your eyes are magically transformed !!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2005 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Twinklynn

i tink christian dior's quality is not bad e eye shadow blends easily. i bought tis at a warehse sale so it's very cheap for me. but i like e powder texture.