Dior 5 Colour Eyeshadows

4.4

Talc, Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogophite, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Calcium Sodium Morosilicate, Bis-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytostearyl Dimer Dilinoleyl Simer Dilinoeate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopherol. [+/- :Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77000 (Aluminum Powder), Ci 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 11788 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].

on 4/6/2006 3:01:00 PM

I used to love Chanel but I noticed colors turning to dull and muddy on me. Dior colors stay on true and are richly pigmented. I find Chanel and other shadows rather sheer. Nothing stays on better!

on 3/25/2006 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have Incognito and Tender chic.

For my brown eyes, Tender chic is beautiful as well. I bought Bobbi Brown single eyeshadows previously, but I could not be able to finish completely and the time's up for replacement. We have to replace powder eyeshadow products every 2-3 years if not 1 year. I kept BB eyeshadows for more than 8 years and still a lot left and really it was a time to go. I threw them away.( wish BB's eyeshadow is smaller and less expensive. More practical.) At the end, eyeshadow palette is more economical for me. Yet still Dior is NOT inexpensive brand. I prefer eyeshadow palette for now. 1 lippie off for the cheap sponge applicater (shisheido is the best) and still the price. continued >>

on 1/26/2006 9:51:00 AM

The Dior 5-pan was my favorite until now. They have reformulated the shadows to be not as pigmented as they used to be and more shimmery. The new colors are not spectacular.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

After reading all the good reviews on this here I was really excited to try this on. IMO Dior products are only so-so, they don't deserve the name and fame they have. Compared to other high-end eyeshadows, they aren't really anything special. I really wanted to like these eyeshadows, the colors are absolutely gorgeous in the pan. I normally use Japanese eyeshadows and compared to them (those don't or BARELY crease w/o primer), these crease like crazy (asian eyes). If you're looking for a good high-end eyeshadow try NARS, they rock! This was a total disappointment so I swapped it away to someone who would appreciate it more than me (:.

on 9/22/2005 8:04:00 PM

The quality of the eyeshadows is outstanding and second to none. They go on easily, are unbelievably silky and soft, and they last all day without diminishing. On the eye they look like a high-end eyeshadow. The colours I have are a pinky-mauve, a pinky-peach, a warm beige, a cream and a mid-brown. The colours are very soft and subtle. The pinky-mauve and pinky-peach, however, look dreadful on me. They make me look tired and washed out, and accentuate the red in my eyes. Although I love the quality of the 5-pan eyeshadows I have not yet found a pan where I would(could) wear all of the colours. Rather than buy a five-pan to wear two or three colours, I would rather spend the same amount of money to buy two Stila or Bobbi Brown eyeshadows I know I will wear.

on 6/26/2005 4:18:00 PM

Bought this in Earth Glow. Very good eyeshadows. Beautiful colours and they are easy to apply. I think they are a tad pricy though.

on 5/15/2005 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very sad :( Probably one the worst $50 I've ever spent. I think the CD colors are some of the best out there. The problem I had was the dry, itchy rash I got on my eyelids after wearing for about a 1/2 day! I even use an eyeshadow base, and it still managed to get through. I was very disappointed, because I love the colors, and they seem to have great staying power. But I can't re-purchase.

Excellent!!! Although the set may seem expensive, but you get 5 wonderful eyeshadows that do not crease, fade and thus are well worth the money! I find Dior's eyeshadows are generally much more pigmented than all high-end e/s so they're really good for lining eyes with a brush and water! many colors and shades to choose from and the packaging is nice.

on 3/7/2005 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

If you are reading these reviews to help makeup your mind about Dior shadows .... let me encourage you.. try them, you will not be disappointed. I've finally converted to Dior shadows after years of trying to make MAC, Stila and Lancome work. Though these brands too carry some great colors and textures, to my mind, nothing compares to Dior. Dior shadows are pigmented yet the colors are soft. The texture of the shadow is unbelievably silky and it has a sheen to it. Its not dull or matte but not frosty either. Infact it has the gently sheen you would see on silky fabric..looks most luxurious. The shadow is easy to blend and stays on well. I have Beige Massai.. beautiful shades of Peach and Brown. To enjoy the color even better, use a shadow base underneath and watch how your eyes are magically transformed !!

on 1/24/2005 12:36:00 PM

i tink christian dior's quality is not bad e eye shadow blends easily. i bought tis at a warehse sale so it's very cheap for me. but i like e powder texture.