Urban Decay Oil Slick

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/1/2008 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I ordered this from Sephora and I really really love it! It is a shimmery black shadow that glides on well with some fallout. The fall out can be lessened with a good brush (MAC 213) and a patient application. Also, MAC Paint Pots and UD Primer Potion really help the shadow cling to eyes even better.
The shadow itself feels a little grainy but goes on smoothly. The glitter/shimmer is very slivery and so pretty. Imagine black oil glistening in the sun: that is the shadow.
This morning, I put on my Primer Potion, MAC Rollickin' Paint Pot, then Oil Slick on my lids. Then I applied UD shadow in S & M on my eye bone to blend and then MAC Mylar on my brow bone/highlight. To finish, I applied MAC's Liquid Last in Point Black for a cat eye look. Awesome!
It has been 7 hours since application and my eyes still look great! No creasing, no fallout, no smudging. Love you, Urban Decay!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love Urban Decay and Oil Slick is the BEST black eyeshadow ever!IIt's a very very dark black with just a shimmer of glitter in it.It is well worth the $16 and you get quite a bit,but the fact that it does not crease is what I love about this brand!you don't have to touch up every hour on the hour.I will buy some more when I run out as I use it all the time.

on 6/2/2008 9:38:00 PM

My least favourite e/s of Urban Decay. I think the color payoff isn't that good, and the texture a lil bit chalky. There are many black e/s out there, and they are much better than this one... Will not repurchase.

I don't use much black but when I do I tun to this one. I like the true black and I also like that the glitter in it is not too much. When I use this, I HAVE to put a primer under it. Sometimes it is hard to apply but with other colors it does blend well. I also suggest applying small amounts at a time, and layering the color until you get the shade you want because if you get too much it is a REALLY bad thing!

on 4/27/2008 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A dark black shadow with both shimmer and glitter in it. Great for doing a smokey eye; however, I find that I save this for the crease color when doing a smokey eye and use something a little lighter, a deep grey or brown-black, like MAC's Fiction, on the lid underneath a black primer. I once did a smokey eye with this all over the lid, unfortunately, I did not use a primer and I had a lot of creasing and fallout, even though I applied wet (which is necessary with these glittered UD eyeshadows if you want to avoid glitter fallout). I have oily skin and very oily lids, but it seemed to be that this shadow in particular doesn't have quite the lasting power as their other shades (of which, I have several) - so you must use a base. It's nice to use as a liner, but again, you have to apply it wet, otherwise I have had even more fallout trying to use it as a liner. A beautiful color, I will definitely repurchase this. I got it first in a shadow box and I hit pan there, so I bought a full size. I'm sure I'll hit pan again and then I'll repurchase this.

I don't know what it is about this e/s but other blacks just don't work for me. The glitter seems to lift it and open my eyes and as i'm a bit of an ex goth, i can't resist darker shadows! I use this all the time and it won't be long til i'll be running off to buy another (i'm on my 3rd). This works great on the crease and makes a fantastic eyeliner. Love this one!

This is a lovely black with sparkles. I, myself, prefer shimmery eyeshadows to sparkly shadows because the sparkles fall onto my cheeks. &this shadow is not exception. But if I wet my brush before application, I am spared the sparkled face look.

This shadow is AMAZING and I always use this as a liner everyday. Plus the glitter is oh so pretty. I haven't experienced ANY fall-out, maybe because I apply it in small amounts. This was my 1st black shadow purchase and will definately re-purchase when I run out. It was worth every penny.

on 2/16/2008 11:46:00 PM

Lovelovelove this e/s. High quality, intensely pigmented - the Urban Decay usual. It's black (not gray), with small-to-medium sized glitter specks. It looks great as an eyeshadow, and looks great as an eyeliner (see my review for "Oil Slick as a liner"). The only thing I hate about this product is that there is a ton of fallout, but I haven't encountered a glittery black e/s that doesn't do the same. I would recommend buying a fan brush to lightly dust off the fallout (I'm using Smashbox's #22).The only black-with-glitter eyeshadow that doesn't have LOADS of fallout is NARS' Night Breed, however the glitter doesn't show up as much and it tends to be more matte on the eyelid. Depends on what you want!

on 2/14/2008 11:41:00 AM

I know this was intended as a shadow, but it is quite simply the best black liner I have ever found. Used wet, with my skinny Bourjois liner brush, or dry with an Eye Tee, this stays put all day and looks fabulous. I especially love to cut it with other shadows ... Polyester Bride makes a wonderful gunmetal grey shade, and Shattered makes a great dark denim. The sparkle is so great around the eyes -- better as a liner, I think, than as an overall wash of color, though I still love the other, lighter, UD sparkly shades on my lids. You just have to try this as a liner, if nothing else. I can not believe a powder can wear so well.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products