August 21, 2014 | 1129 users online

Cleansers - Earth Science - Clarifying Facial Wash

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 11:00:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

It sounds like the perfect cleanser by the ingredient list. Aloe, glycerin, tea tree oil, witch hazel....the list goes on. And I gave it a fair chance but after about two weeks I'm finished hoping that my face will 'settle down' like sweetie1 (2006)and Alliebeth (2007) I have whiteheads popping up all over my chin nose and forehead,not just overnight but during the course of mere hours!! This isn't my normal breakout either, it was definately caused by this cleanser -oh well :( I wanted to love this....wasn't for me moving on

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2007 6:32:00 PM More reviews by pandabee

Overall, I've really enjoyed this entire product line. The cleanser is fantastic. I'm on my third bottle now, and I use this with the almond-aloe moisturizer. I find that the dispenser is lacking. The pump dispenses way too much product. Also, the lastest bottle I purchased has a leaking dispenser, so every time I push down on the pump, product runs down the side, leaving me with a ring of soap to clean up in my bathroom. (Grr!) I'm sure this is just a defective bottle though and so I'm not going to change my rating.

Overall, I feel clean without the feeling like my skin has been stripped, like some cleansers. I would highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by achick

Really love this face wash. Doesn't dry out my skin at all. My skin hasn't had any major breakouts since I've been using it and I think it helped with some flakies I had (dry spots). Would definitely buy again, it's the best face wash I've tried since Sage Skincare's facial shampoo (but that stuff is expensive!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is a clear, rather runny liquid cleanser. It foams up a bit but won't give you lots of creamy lather, if that's what you're looking for. It takes quite a bit of splashing before my skin feels very clean as this tends to deposit a filmy residue. My combination skin afterwards feels a tiny bit tight, but nothing that a moisturizer can't fix. There's a very slight, herbal-ish fragrance and it comes in a nice-sized pump bottle--very convenient, though it's impossible to "lock" the pump without wasting some of the cleanser. The pH is also ideal. Overall, this is a decent, affordable, very gentle facewash with good, natural ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2006 5:02:00 PM More reviews by raeackerman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. I have been trying a milion different things to try to get my skin under control, and I think I'm onto something here. I was using a 2.5% BP wash that had little granules in it. After reading the info. on clearskin.org, I decided to switch it out for this, thinking that it would be much more gentle, not as drying, but still include some good ingredients that would help my cause. I have been using this morning and evening, sometimes followed by Zia Ultimate Exfoliant when I have a lot of peely flakies, follow with Dan's 2.5%BP gel, let dry, and finish with a few drops of Jojoba Oil mixed in with Neutrogena's Oil-Free Moisturozer for sensitive skin. Since switching, my skin is less dry (although still drier than IU'd like, but that's probably from the BP), clearer, less blotchy, and less irritated. I really like the pump too, it gets every last bit out and locks for travel. I would definitely purchase this again. UPDATE: I tried to use other cleansers with AHA and/or BHA and they sucked compared to this one. This has definitely achieved HG status with me. I just bought another bottle. Thinking about trying the Clarifying Astringent too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2006 8:20:00 PM More reviews by abigail80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great gentle cleanser for my sensitive skin! I picked this up at Whole Foods a month or so ago and have been using it along with the matching toner. I wanted a cleanser that traveled more easily than than my regular dove bar soap, so I thought I would try this one out based on the reviews here. So far, I am happy with it. This cleanser removes all my makeup (though I don't wear a lot), doesn't sting my eyes at all, and leaves my skin soft and refreshed. No breakouts either. I really love the herbal scent - it is very comforting. I wash twice with this in the evenings, but I tried washing just once with it and I didn't get any dirt or makeup on the cotton pad I was using with my toner. I like the simple packaging with the pump, which closes easily for travel. This cleanser has some great ingredients and is affordable (about $8) - I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Sweetie1

I'm really liking this cleanser! It foams, it cleanses without drying out my skin, it rinses away without leaving a film on my face--just perfect! I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin and I have not experienced any breakouts after using it 2 weeks. I had issues with my Neutrogena Fresh cleanser because it dried out my face so bad. So, I used Aquanil cleanser in the morning to counteract the dry, yet oily skin. However, Aquanil does leave a film and I honestly couldn't say what was breaking me out before-was it the cleansers, makeup, humidity, stress, or what! Now I am just using this Clarifying cleanser morning and night (it DOES take off my foundation) without changing my other routines and the old pimples are healing with no new ones to speak of! I immediately felt like it was nourishing my skin because I didn't see any scaly, dry patches the very first time I used it. It has no -sulfates in the ingredients, which I think could be the key for me as far as not breaking out. I will update later if things change, you never know! However, I'm loving it now--so far, so good! EDIT: I am now experiencing lots of pore clogging pimples all over. They are not the pimples that I used to get, which were red and painful--these are like white heads on my nose, cheeks, chin, forehead and EYEBROWS!! Next...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2006 5:14:00 AM More reviews by LadyRay713

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

my skin looked so much better after a week of using this twice a day. more glow, less blackheads-smaller pores.
ive had it about a month and have used half the bottle and for 8.75(!!??) its worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2006 10:57:00 PM More reviews by sugar_plum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this product about 4 or 5 years ago and have loved it ever since. At first the usage indication was for dry to normal skin, then a few years ago they changed the indication to oily/combination skin but the formulation looked the same, so I kept using it. It leaves my skin feeling completely clean, refreshed and very soft. As I'm getting older, 48 yrs & 10 mos :-), it's starting to feel like I should start using something a bit more for normal or mature skin, but I haven't found anything better than this yet. I don't use makeup, so the issue w/removing it isn't a problem for me. This is only just starting to make my skin feel a wee bit tight on my cheeks near my nose and around the middle of my forehead, but applying toner takes the feeling away completely. That little bit of tightness is the only reason I gave it 4 lippies-I'm sure that if my skin was still a little oilier it'd be 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by pinkandgrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love love love this cleanser. my skin is oily and acneprone, and while the cleanser is super gentle, it removes all my makeup and oil. it leaves my skin soft and glowy, never dry. the price is right such a big bottle. A+