April 21, 2014 | 1233 users online

Cleansers - Earth Science - Clarifying Facial Wash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is a clear, rather runny liquid cleanser. It foams up a bit but won't give you lots of creamy lather, if that's what you're looking for. It takes quite a bit of splashing before my skin feels very clean as this tends to deposit a filmy residue. My combination skin afterwards feels a tiny bit tight, but nothing that a moisturizer can't fix. There's a very slight, herbal-ish fragrance and it comes in a nice-sized pump bottle--very convenient, though it's impossible to "lock" the pump without wasting some of the cleanser. The pH is also ideal. Overall, this is a decent, affordable, very gentle facewash with good, natural ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2006 5:02:00 PM More reviews by raeackerman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. I have been trying a milion different things to try to get my skin under control, and I think I'm onto something here. I was using a 2.5% BP wash that had little granules in it. After reading the info. on clearskin.org, I decided to switch it out for this, thinking that it would be much more gentle, not as drying, but still include some good ingredients that would help my cause. I have been using this morning and evening, sometimes followed by Zia Ultimate Exfoliant when I have a lot of peely flakies, follow with Dan's 2.5%BP gel, let dry, and finish with a few drops of Jojoba Oil mixed in with Neutrogena's Oil-Free Moisturozer for sensitive skin. Since switching, my skin is less dry (although still drier than IU'd like, but that's probably from the BP), clearer, less blotchy, and less irritated. I really like the pump too, it gets every last bit out and locks for travel. I would definitely purchase this again. UPDATE: I tried to use other cleansers with AHA and/or BHA and they sucked compared to this one. This has definitely achieved HG status with me. I just bought another bottle. Thinking about trying the Clarifying Astringent too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2006 8:20:00 PM More reviews by abigail80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great gentle cleanser for my sensitive skin! I picked this up at Whole Foods a month or so ago and have been using it along with the matching toner. I wanted a cleanser that traveled more easily than than my regular dove bar soap, so I thought I would try this one out based on the reviews here. So far, I am happy with it. This cleanser removes all my makeup (though I don't wear a lot), doesn't sting my eyes at all, and leaves my skin soft and refreshed. No breakouts either. I really love the herbal scent - it is very comforting. I wash twice with this in the evenings, but I tried washing just once with it and I didn't get any dirt or makeup on the cotton pad I was using with my toner. I like the simple packaging with the pump, which closes easily for travel. This cleanser has some great ingredients and is affordable (about $8) - I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Sweetie1

I'm really liking this cleanser! It foams, it cleanses without drying out my skin, it rinses away without leaving a film on my face--just perfect! I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin and I have not experienced any breakouts after using it 2 weeks. I had issues with my Neutrogena Fresh cleanser because it dried out my face so bad. So, I used Aquanil cleanser in the morning to counteract the dry, yet oily skin. However, Aquanil does leave a film and I honestly couldn't say what was breaking me out before-was it the cleansers, makeup, humidity, stress, or what! Now I am just using this Clarifying cleanser morning and night (it DOES take off my foundation) without changing my other routines and the old pimples are healing with no new ones to speak of! I immediately felt like it was nourishing my skin because I didn't see any scaly, dry patches the very first time I used it. It has no -sulfates in the ingredients, which I think could be the key for me as far as not breaking out. I will update later if things change, you never know! However, I'm loving it now--so far, so good! EDIT: I am now experiencing lots of pore clogging pimples all over. They are not the pimples that I used to get, which were red and painful--these are like white heads on my nose, cheeks, chin, forehead and EYEBROWS!! Next...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2006 5:14:00 AM More reviews by LadyRay713

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

my skin looked so much better after a week of using this twice a day. more glow, less blackheads-smaller pores.
ive had it about a month and have used half the bottle and for 8.75(!!??) its worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2006 10:57:00 PM More reviews by sugar_plum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this product about 4 or 5 years ago and have loved it ever since. At first the usage indication was for dry to normal skin, then a few years ago they changed the indication to oily/combination skin but the formulation looked the same, so I kept using it. It leaves my skin feeling completely clean, refreshed and very soft. As I'm getting older, 48 yrs & 10 mos :-), it's starting to feel like I should start using something a bit more for normal or mature skin, but I haven't found anything better than this yet. I don't use makeup, so the issue w/removing it isn't a problem for me. This is only just starting to make my skin feel a wee bit tight on my cheeks near my nose and around the middle of my forehead, but applying toner takes the feeling away completely. That little bit of tightness is the only reason I gave it 4 lippies-I'm sure that if my skin was still a little oilier it'd be 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by pinkandgrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love love love this cleanser. my skin is oily and acneprone, and while the cleanser is super gentle, it removes all my makeup and oil. it leaves my skin soft and glowy, never dry. the price is right such a big bottle. A+

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2006 3:12:00 PM More reviews by jbeans33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

SOOOO dissapointed by this cleanser. I have extremely sensitive, oily, acne prone skin that has been misbehaving lately and this cleanser was recommended to me. After only 3 days my skin developed itchy, red bumps all over. I know for a fact that the cleanser caused this b/c I used it on my face, neck, and chest (areas where I normally breakout) and these were the only areas where I experienced the reaction. A few previous reviewers here said it helped their dermatitis, which I am prone to, so I thought this cleanser would be great for me. Overall, I found this cleanser really irritating and wouldn't recommend to anyone with overly-sensitive skin, like myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2006 8:56:00 PM More reviews by harleypaws

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very good cleanser. I have combo skin with occasional breakouts, mainly around my chin and neck. This cleanser is gentle, cleans well, is not drying, and has not caused any breakouts. In fact I think it has helped tame the uglies. The reason I did not give this a 5 is because you really have to work to take the makeup off with this one. I have to lather and massage for at least a minute and then use a wet washcloth to remove makeup. It does remove it, but takes a little effort. Overall it's a really good cleanser, and I would recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Caxap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For about 3 years, I have had eczema on my face.. This is the only cleanser that was not irritating, yet did a great job of removing makeup. Now the eczema has left my face (thank God), and I am able to experiment with other products, but I refuse to! I absolutely LOVE this cleanser!! Anything that passes the eczema test is worth buying again and again =)