July 30, 2014 | 2010 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by beth2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

not a huge fan!... aloette one is way better.
this dries my lips out so bad they hurt. colors are pretty, but there is better out there that do what they say and not dry my lips out

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by dumbunnies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I recently picked this up at Sephora.and got it in the colour Chunky Monkey. At first I was really impressed with the colour pay off and how moisturizing it felt on my hand. After trying it when I got home, it was a great disappointment. Despite already applying on a layer of the nivea lipbalm, gliding the chubby stick on my lips was still really dry and difficult.

Pros
Nice colour pay off
High gloss
Sheen

Cons
Drying on the lips

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Boy am I glad that I tried the dupes to the chubby sticks before this. I would have been turned off from buying my favorite Chubby Stick from Neutrogena in Juicy Peach. Now that I got this one in Volumptous Violet in a complimentary gift set, I can say that the Clinique ones are much WORST.

First off, the prices for the Clinique chubby sticks are really high. The product itself has a wax-like texture that feels like I am applying soy candle wax to my lips. I thought that the Chubby Stick would have a moisturizing and fairly soft formula, NOPE. While it does moisturize my lips, the effect is not longstanding. I have to reapply about every 30 minutes. Really, I am getting tired of reapplying. Going through the tube like crazy.

As for the shade, I thought that it might look Lady Gaga on the lips. Voluptuous Violet comes in a purple tube, probably why they give this shade away in sample sizes. However, on the lips, this color applies super sheer with a glossy purple finish. Given that my eyes are blue, the slight purple tinge brings out the color and looks natural. It looks a bit like I was licking a grape popsicle.

Overall, I will not purchase these in the full size. I will instead go buy more Neutrogena Moisture Colorsticks. Those colors are more vibrant and apply like a dream. Packaging between the two is nearly the same.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I have this in Chunky Cherry and I love the colour. Besides testing out lip glosses, this is probably my first coloured lip product I've used. I've almost hit empty on it and recently decided to venture off elsewhere. The colour is extremely pigmented and it doesn't feel like you have anything on your lips. It is a little bold for my taste which is why I want to test out other lipsticks. It's somewhat moisturizing and it doesn't dry out my lips which are prone to getting chapped. It doesn't enhance any dry patches I have and just a couple swipes does the job. However, I find that I do need to reapply this quite frequently. It only lasts a few hours before it fades. This product lasted me quite a long time, probably over a year and I use this everyday.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received the Voluptuous Violet chubby stick as part of a Clinique free gift and was a bit perturbed by the dark purple shade, but the colour is very sheer and turns my lips a soft grape-y sort of purple, like I was interrupted eating a grape lollypop. It goes on very nice and smooth and feels very hydrating, though it actually tended to leave my lips slightly drier than they were before I put it on. Your natural lip colour will definitely affect the shade it becomes. I liked it but probably would not buy another one or repurchase as I prefer more pigmented lip products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by visee

The Chubby Stick formula is nice and moisturizing and feels almost weightless on my lips. I chose "10 Bountiful Blush" which turned out to be a sheer brownish pink that disappears into my lips and looks rather blah on me. The packaging is functional and cute, but is rather large for something that contains so little product. For the amount, it is also rather expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by srao92

I'm a total makeup noob so I really crave easy-to-use products that'll make my dull face pop when I'm looking to impress. This product will satisfy the most novice among us! It'll add a lovely dash of colour and just lift your face. Choosing a suitable colour is no problem because there are a range of superb shades which you can try.

I purchased this product because I love adding colour to my lips, but I find regular lipsticks settle into my dry skin - despite my attempts to exfoliate. This product thankfully avoids that and has great pigementation - which you can layer if you are going for drama!

I have to say however, that the moisturising power of this product is not as great as your everyday lip balm, hence only 4 lippies. However, this product is a great alternative to those of us who have sandpaper for lips but don't want to give up lipsticks!

The product is pretty light weight and portable. I have not had any problems with the cap coming off when it's in my purse. What I do take issue with is that the product doesn't completly retract into the tube, I always have to be careful when removing the lid so I don't break off the top bit.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by HistoryLady71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the idea of these butI resisted buying them for a long time and was pretty happy with the Revlon ones. Recently I bought two of these from clinique.com. I love the formula, the color, and the customer service but will not be repurchasing these. The packaging is TERRIBLE. One of them (Mightiest Maraschino) arrived damaged. The customer service representative was fantastic when I called and she sent out a replacement. The replacement is now damaged because the top WILL NOT STAY ON. I like to carry my lip products in a makeup bag in my purse and every couple of days the top comes off and stains everything. I am not carrying these anymore so that means that I am not using them. I will stick to the Revlon ones which seem sturdier to carry around.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by anachronism227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have three of these and plan on getting more in the future! I love how they feel on my lips. Sometimes lip balms/lipsticks make me feel like my lips can't breathe, but this one doesn't! I have whoppin watermelon, whole lotta honey and curviest caramel. My favorite of the bunch is definitely whoppin watermelon. It adds a subtle pink to my lips and looks natural. Curviest caramel came off a little pinker than I expected since the container color was brownish. Whole lotta honey was a tad bit too sheer for my liking, but still looks great! I docked a star because I think the colors could be somewhat more pigmented, but I'm definitely satisfied overall because I tend to like more natural lips.

The price is kind of expensive, but I think you get the quality you pay for. High end lipsticks tend to run around the same price as the chubby sticks. Revlon lipbutters definitely come close to quality for less than half the price, but I like the formula and packaging of these chubby sticks more.

I would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by emilyprinci

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS! It makes my lips colourful and mosterized.