Clinique Chubby Stick (all shades)

Ingredients for all shades: castor seed oil [] caprylic/capric triglyceride [] vegetable oil [] candelilla wax [] beeswax\cera alba [] ozokerite [] shea butter [] hydrogenated vegetable oil [] jojoba seed oil [] tocopherol [] mango seed butter [] meadowfoam seed oil [] hydrogenated olive oil [] sunflower seed oil [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] mica [] yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] red 7 lake (ci 15850) [] red 22 lake (ci 45380) [] red 30 lake (ci 73360) [] carmine (ci 75470) [] red 6 (ci 15850) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] red 33 lake (ci 17200) [] red 28 lake (ci 45410) [] blue 1 lake (ci 42090) [] yellow 6 lake (ci 15985)]

on 6/5/2014 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hype and confusion. I don't get it how people review this line is "so pigmented"? It's sheer color, alright?
The color pay off sucks big time. With waxy texture, you can see layer of products on your lip, and color won't come up nicely. It's also not very hydrating, it dries my lips hour after like 1 hour. it doesn't last at all. Honestly, Maybeline baby lip give better moisturize and a sheer color. YEs, the chubby is that bad.
packaging is cute, and that's all about it!

on 5/14/2014 3:40:00 PM

Product - I bought the Chubby Colour & Shine Set (Christmas 2011) which came with a cute silver pouch and four mini-sized Chubby Sticks in: Woppin' Watermelon (sheer pink), Mega Melon (sheer melon), Super Strawberry (sheer medium berry pink), and Whole Lotta Honey (sheer muted red-toned brown). These have a smooth, soft texture, and provide a hint of color. They feel somewhat moisturizing and definitely protective for my lips. Handy and easy to use and reapply.

Comparisons - A nice alternative to the Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Tints and such, and at a slightly lower price point for the full sized units. I much prefer these Chubby Sticks to Clinique's Superbalms which are too runny and sticky (and my lips don't like the petroleum jelly base).

Packaging - Very portable. Twist-up fat crayon pencil with plastic barrel that reflects the shade inside.

Overall - Great for gals wanting just a hint of color without the stickiness of traditional lip gloss. This is a staple in my handbag. continued >>

on 5/9/2014 6:52:00 PM

I got the clinique chubby stick in a little gift bag after purchasing a liquid foundation and counter at my Macy's clinique counter. First glimpse at the chubby stick, being a very deep violet purple (voluptuous violet), I was a little out of my comfort zone. To my discovery, it was not very pigmented, and provided just a little bit of a darker tint which I absolutely loved. It is very moisturizing and just adds a little bit of extra color to any look. If you want it more pigmented you can definitely build it up. ONLY flaw is that it does not last a long time. However, I don't mind applying but that may be a problem to a few of you.

on 4/24/2014 6:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

WOW! I just love using this product, I've got myself multiple shades! It glides on really well and settles really comfortably on my lips (the moisturizing feel is so great). The pigment promises the hue you would really expect of it and it generally lasts long enough. The packaging is good wherein you can just twist the bottom. This is a very good investment, you'll definitely look forward to using this product again and again.

on 4/17/2014 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried the Chubby Sticks in many different shades and I find them a decent product at a decent price. The packaging makes for very easy use, also on the go and without mirror.

The effect on the lips is slightly sheer and hydrating, although not on amazing levels of moisture. I use them as daily, plain, ordinary make up products, but for a wow effect I use YSL Rouge Pur Couture

on 3/25/2014 1:34:00 PM

I was really excited to finally buy this product after hearing so much about it. So I bought pudgy peony.

Loved the wind up crayon, think its a great product to carry about in your bag for the size.
Plus the colour I liked very much. Thought it was great that you can apply it as intense or subtle as you like.

Consistency I would describe as between a balm (although not a balm at all) and a lipstick. When I first applied it I was pretty excited and thought I had found it, my perfect lipstick/balm. Lipsticks I find too heavy, balms well they are just balms with no real colour payoff. So here was the solution so I thought.

I was disappointed though when I discovered after wearing it an hour or two, that it begun to do my pet hate of fading with colour staining/sticking to the centre of my lips and promptly going dry and starting to peel my lips. The very thing I bought this for to get away from.

So this is not the wonderful hydrating in-between balm lipstick that I imagined it was going to be from all they hype.

As much as I love the colours and the way they can go on subtle or strong, I just don't think they are really all that.

on 3/15/2014 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This MIGHT (Might) be my Holy Grail lip product. The colors are gorgeous and SO pigmented! My favourite is Roomiest Rose, so beautiful. The color pay off is amazing and it last 1-3 hours without touch ups. Packaging is simple and smart.

on 3/4/2014 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this product! If your lips are looking or feeling dry and you want to put on lip colour, then you don't need to worry about adding moisture to them, because this stuff is moisturising and colouring at the same time. I think the colour I have is called 'melon' which is a really nice subtle natural looking light-red. I'm not sure how the other colours add up, but this colour is really good, and would suit all skin tones.

Big fat zero stars if I could.
Waxy texture, drying to my lips and to be quite honest, I could maybe get over that if the product actually lasted longer than half an hour. I don't get the hype, they look cheap and feel cheap - so people may as well just buy cheaper.

on 2/22/2014 11:46:00 PM

After hearing all the stellar reviews on this line, I picked one up in Mighty Mimosa. It is a gorgeous peachy pink color with fine champagne shimmer, perfect for daily wear. Packaging is sleek and sturdy. Unfortunately that's all that I like about it.

Application wise, it was waxy and thin in texture. A bit hard to build up the color because it is on the harder side of balm consistency. My lips will get sensitive and stretched out after application due to the constant swiping motion to build up enough color to show up on my slightly pigmented lips. I'm NC20-25 btw. After application, the COLOR looks amazing on my skin. It really brightens up my complexion, giving me a healthy glow. However, I do not like how it looks... texture wise. Too dry and waxy.

This is definitely NOT a moisturizing product. After sitting on my lips for about 15 minutes, my lips begin to feel parched and peel. Granted I do have sensitive lips and most waxy lipsticks make my lips peel.. just never this badly. My lips looked like a flakey mess.

To the ladies and gents with dry and/or sensitive lips, stay away from this specific color (Mighty Mimosa). I have not tried the other shades so I cannot comment on them, but Mighty Mimosa is definitely better suited for people with smooth and hydrated lips.

In my experience, shimmery and glittery lip products are the worst offenders of flakey and dry lips, so try opting for a cream shade with no shimmer.

***I do want to let you guys know that if these don't work out for you because they dry your lips, a great inexpensive alternative to these are the Cover Girl Jumbo Gloss Balms. Those are currently my absolute favorite jumbo lip products. The shade range is definitely not as extensive as the Clinique Chubby Stick line, but the formula, in my opinion, is much more hydrating and comfortable on the lips (again I'm talking about the cream shades). Surprisingly, my lips feel even more moisturized after wearing them for a while!

While I cannot guarantee that they will also work for you like they did for me, but I would definitely recommend that you give them a go especially for their affordable price and hydrating formula!

Recommended for Medium Skin