September 20, 2014 | 1159 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by curlymom2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am really not a fan of these. The first one I bought was Roomiest Rose. I thought that it really dried out my lips and actually made them hurt. Then I stupidly bought another
one in Plushest Punch. Same thing happened. The only thing that I like is the packaging. My own fault for being so foolish to buy something that I didn't like the first time. Will I ever learn my lesson? Wish I knew what the problem ingredient is, but these are not the only Clinique lipsticks that I have found slightly irritating. I have been wearing Clinique lipsticks for over 20 years and have only been having this problem for the past year or two. Seems odd especially since my lips were never particularly sensitive. Think I am done with Clinique lips, so many other great choices out there.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I first got a kit with 4 small chubby sticks in the following colors:

[+] Mega Melon (burnt orangey peach)
[+] Whole Lotta Honey (rosey nude/pinky brown, most opaque of these)
[+] Woppin' Watermelon (pale pink, the sheerest of these 4)
[+] Super Strawberry (medium reddish pink berry shade)

Surprisingly my favorite shade was 'Whole Lotta Honey' because I am not usually a fan of brown or nude shades because I find they can make me look washed out, and just don't like them on me. This was definitely more rosey than brown. In fact, I liked it so much that I actually purchased a full-size of this. I never, ever purchase individual HE lipsticks because they're not a good value and you can get individual shades at the DS, while HE brands will usually have value kits or include lip colors as a GWP. (whether or not clinique is HE might be debatable to some, but I mean brands with counters at dept stores like macys etc)

However, the reasons why I like this do not coincide with the way they are advertised.

> MOISTURIZING: I do not find this product to be moisturizing whatsoever. In fact, I find it to be drying, a bit more than other lipsticks I use.

> SHEER: with the exception of the light pink (Woppin' Watermelon), these are all very pigmented and the Honey shade is almost opaque. They look glossy when you apply a few layers but I would definitely not call this sheer.

This is definitely a lipstick and not a balm. The price is not too expensive and I will definitely be trying other colors out because I like the finish, ease of applying, and just the overall way they looked on me. Another benefit is that you can wind these up, as opposed to some other chubby sticks from different brands that need to be sharpened. However the ones that are sharpened get a renewed point, whereas this one is only pointy when new. I don't find this to be a problem for me though. Another issue is that because of the casing, you are unable to see how much product is inside. You can however wind it all the way up and wind it back down again. I won't be doing this and risking breaking mine though!

A good product for me, but if you're looking for something (1) moisturizing and/or (2) tinted and not opaque, these are not for you!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Beatrice28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Every time I've visited my Clinique counter the past two years, an SA convinces me that these are exactly what I'm looking for: not too light but not too intense, moisturizing, easy to use. Well, I just finished my 3rd chubby stick (I've tried Bountiful Blush, Fuller Fig, and Chunkiest Chili) and I'm not impressed at all. Not worth the money. As others have said, the biggest complaint is that these are drying and leave my lips longing for a plumping balm -- which shouldn't be the case given their $17 price tag and the mango and shea butter they boast about containing.

I just tried Pur Minerals' stick from Ulta and it is MUCH more moisturizing. I'm liking it a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the "Mighty Mimosa" shade. It's a sheer pink color, that looks like you're not wearing a lip product but that you have naturally pretty pink lips. I saw some photos of other people wearing it, and it was more noticeable on them, but I have pigmented lips so I guess that's why it just looks like a MLBB shade on me. I really like the ingredients of this, I was impressed that they're pretty natural sounding and doesn't have all these preservatives, like no parabens. The packaging is very cute, too. I did feel that this was kind of pricey, because if you actually push it all the way up it's just this tiny amount of product, I was actually shocked by what a small sliver of product it looked like. I would have been happier if it was priced at like $12 or if they put more product into the tube. I want to try out other shades but will wait til I can get a GWP so that it feels more worth it.

It has a medium amount of moisture. If you aren't prone to dry lips, I think this alone would be fine on you. If you get dry lips, I think you'd have to wear some sort of lip balm underneath.

This is definitely worth a try if you dont like the upkeep of wearing lipstick (like having to be careful not to smudge it or noticeably wearing off) and are into a natural look with a hint of color. Also, I really like how this doesn't have glitter in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Ayeshatariq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is such a great product. Something between a lipstick and lip balm. I have dark lips and putting on lipstick during the day just looks too intense. The chubby stick gives lips just the perfect hint of colour. It moisturises the lips really well too and prevents chapping. The container is great. It's a fat stick but with a twister, like normal lipsticks. So no sharpening or other annoying problems. The only downside is that the colour or effect is not long lasting. So one would need to re-apply during the day. But with the convenient packaging, it's not to difficult at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by simonsem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't expecting much because I didn't want to get my hopes up on such an expensive product, but boy is it worth it. I don't like using lipsticks mainly because I think it looks like I'm trying too hard, but this is perfect. I am a diehard lip balm fan, and this is amazing. Color is subtle but there and looks beautiful, and moisturizes like a dream. Packaging is perfect for what it does, makes it impossible to lose. I wish it had more product for the price (17 at Sephora) but worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tried the Chubby Stick in Mega Melon, a warm pinkish shade and in Graped Up, which looks dark but when applied it comes out as a cool popsicle-like stain.
Pluses:
Packaging: Genius, extremely portable, does not require a sharpener, so no loss of product
Colors: Nice range of colors
Minuses:
Staying power is just not there. A faint hint of color is all I can achieve on my pigmented lips and it slips off in no time. Formula is also slightly greasy so even as a chapstick alternative it does not do it for me.
Overall: While I really love the Chubby Stick Intense line and I own several shades of Intense sticks, the regular Chubby Sticks don't do much for me. Not an awful product, but for $17 a piece I need to see some color payoff, therefore I will not repurchase the regular Chubby Sticks.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by harmony888

Revlon kissable balm stain is a thousand times better than this product!
This product has no staying power and is greasy! There is no color pay off whatsoever.
Get the Revlon and you'll see that for less money you can really have a better product.

Ive never liked Clinique, should have stuck to my gut,, now I have to waste time and gas to return this.. Fantastic :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by beth2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

not a huge fan!... aloette one is way better.
this dries my lips out so bad they hurt. colors are pretty, but there is better out there that do what they say and not dry my lips out

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by dumbunnies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I recently picked this up at Sephora.and got it in the colour Chunky Monkey. At first I was really impressed with the colour pay off and how moisturizing it felt on my hand. After trying it when I got home, it was a great disappointment. Despite already applying on a layer of the nivea lipbalm, gliding the chubby stick on my lips was still really dry and difficult.

Pros
Nice colour pay off
High gloss
Sheen

Cons
Drying on the lips