November 26, 2014 | 1632 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by downton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Clinique chubby stick-What is all the fuss? Just another lip balm really. Expensive too! , Need to reapply hourly even without eating. Yes it is moisturizing but for 17 dollars you can do better. Also stick is really too big for a pants pocket yet not very much product. Revlon Just Bitten got poor reviews-why? Own both and they are really the same product. Actually Revlon lasts longer!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by typeface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually own a couple of these; one was a sample and the other I bought for myself. I have to say that it's one of my favorite kind of lipsticks. It's smooth and sheer, with just enough color and translucency to flatter most skintones. I found color faded after about two hours, but only a little; after that, it seemed like I lost color more quickly. I needed to reapply after about three hours, but that's not a big deal to me; I happen to talk, eat, and drink frequently. Another thing I really like about this product is how rarely I get clumps of dead skin coated in color. I would rather dead skin stay unnoticeable. Overall, I would recommend the chubby stick to anyone that is looking for a sheer lipstick that is almost like a tint. My lips remained moisturized, so I was happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by cutiekolta14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like it but i feel like its not unique. You can find so many cheaper alternatives at the drugstore that are just as good, if not better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Xobueatyluvrxo

Well for me it was not good nor bad i have the one in pudgy peony for $15 at Clinique.to me it was simply just a normal lipstick you could get at any old drugstore.it was pretty pigmented though.i don't think I would PERSONALLY buy it again but you can still check it out if you'd like.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by MariaAllen87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The product itself is brilliant. It's translucent balm. I have seen others complain about pigmentation, however it is by no way meant to substitute for lipstick. It's is soo nourishing. Lips are so soft, and shinny without the sticky mess of gloss and the tacky feeling when you move your lips. However the amount of this fabulous product in the tube a disgraceful. If the tube was filled it would definitely be worth the money. I've been using it for 4 days now and I can't see it lasting another 4! Maybe another 1. Product 10/10 cliniques efforts at deception 10/10 value for money 1/10 . I'd only repurchase if they put more than double what's in it into the pencil barrell

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by CoconutOwl

I looooove this chubby stick, the texture is great and the application is easy to put it on.
staying power is about 4 hrs for me after drink/eat
it moisturize your lip preeettyy good! but you have to scrub your lips before you put it on, because sometimes it makes the lip dry and flaky during cold/winter/windy days.

the only thing I don't like about is after a few month the chubby stick began to smell a little bit like those "lipstick" smell.
otherwise, good purchase

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by elelkay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not amazed by this product. I found it was too creamy to be a crayon but too thin to be a lipstick. I like moisturising lip products with colour that are not as intense as lipstick, but this one went on unevenly. Two lipsticks for the great colour range (I got Chunky Cherry) and it didn't dry out my lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by sdg13

I found this product dried out my lips. I love the Clinique buttershine lipsticks and though this would be as nice. Sorry...returned it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by curlymom2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am really not a fan of these. The first one I bought was Roomiest Rose. I thought that it really dried out my lips and actually made them hurt. Then I stupidly bought another
one in Plushest Punch. Same thing happened. The only thing that I like is the packaging. My own fault for being so foolish to buy something that I didn't like the first time. Will I ever learn my lesson? Wish I knew what the problem ingredient is, but these are not the only Clinique lipsticks that I have found slightly irritating. I have been wearing Clinique lipsticks for over 20 years and have only been having this problem for the past year or two. Seems odd especially since my lips were never particularly sensitive. Think I am done with Clinique lips, so many other great choices out there.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I first got a kit with 4 small chubby sticks in the following colors:

[+] Mega Melon (burnt orangey peach)
[+] Whole Lotta Honey (rosey nude/pinky brown, most opaque of these)
[+] Woppin' Watermelon (pale pink, the sheerest of these 4)
[+] Super Strawberry (medium reddish pink berry shade)

Surprisingly my favorite shade was 'Whole Lotta Honey' because I am not usually a fan of brown or nude shades because I find they can make me look washed out, and just don't like them on me. This was definitely more rosey than brown. In fact, I liked it so much that I actually purchased a full-size of this. I never, ever purchase individual HE lipsticks because they're not a good value and you can get individual shades at the DS, while HE brands will usually have value kits or include lip colors as a GWP. (whether or not clinique is HE might be debatable to some, but I mean brands with counters at dept stores like macys etc)

However, the reasons why I like this do not coincide with the way they are advertised.

> MOISTURIZING: I do not find this product to be moisturizing whatsoever. In fact, I find it to be drying, a bit more than other lipsticks I use.

> SHEER: with the exception of the light pink (Woppin' Watermelon), these are all very pigmented and the Honey shade is almost opaque. They look glossy when you apply a few layers but I would definitely not call this sheer.

This is definitely a lipstick and not a balm. The price is not too expensive and I will definitely be trying other colors out because I like the finish, ease of applying, and just the overall way they looked on me. Another benefit is that you can wind these up, as opposed to some other chubby sticks from different brands that need to be sharpened. However the ones that are sharpened get a renewed point, whereas this one is only pointy when new. I don't find this to be a problem for me though. Another issue is that because of the casing, you are unable to see how much product is inside. You can however wind it all the way up and wind it back down again. I won't be doing this and risking breaking mine though!

A good product for me, but if you're looking for something (1) moisturizing and/or (2) tinted and not opaque, these are not for you!