Dove Essential Nutrients Day Lotion SPF 15

3.3

on 5/4/2006 6:49:00 AM

This is my favourite daily moisturiser. I have combination skin that is both acne prone and dry and flaky... i find that oil-free moisturisers designed for acne prone skin don't moisturise enough, and heavy ones makes me break out. this is the PERFECT BALANCE for me. the SPF15 is a nice perk too.
this is also a really nice consistency - i use mineral powder foundation and it mixes really well with it to make a nice tinted moisturiser/light liquid foundation.
all in all, good stuff for a good price!

on 5/1/2006 11:01:00 AM

I have read several reviews for Dove's Essential Nurtrients Day Lotion on a few different sites, including our very own MUA, and I must say that, although I think I understand the reason for the disparity in opinion, I am a fan of this moisturizer. It is very light, gentle and freshly-scented, but, more-so, I think it is singularly responsible for saving my parched skin!! I have combo/oily skin that has lately been going though a painfuld dry phase, and my complexion is slighltly acne-prone. I had been using the Dove lotion as my daily mositurizer religiously for several months, and was quite pleased with the results. However, all of a sudden, my skin began to break out, so I decided to change mositurizers. Well, that search yielded mixed results. I did FINALLY discover a day-time lotion I liked (Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae Moisturizer with SPF 10), but, to my utter dismay, found that my skin was DRYING OUT AND FLAKING at night or by the next morning!!! I tried a variety of products designed for dry, sensitive skin to use in the evening, and nothing worked! In fact, my skin's condition just worsened. Then, having nothing else left "in stock," I turned to my trusty Dove Day Lotion, and I am sooo glad I did. So, OK, let me summarzie my main point: for me, having combo skin, this lotion works WONDERS as a night cream (I also use it during the day on my decolletage and neck). Perhaps it is a bit too hydrating for daily use, but it is my HG over-night cream. And, at under $7/$8, I have an inkling that I will be purchasing this product for some time to come!!

I had an allergic reaction to something in this! I couldn't believe it, but the next morning my eyes were almost swollen shut, they were bright purple and puffy and oh they hurt! The only new thing I had done was try this lotion, so a few weeks later I tried it again. And again, it looked like my husband had beaten me up! I threw it away and have been allergy-free since.

on 4/18/2006 5:38:00 AM

Wow! Great product at such a cheap price! Non-greasy SPF 15 with antioxidants, and believe me my face gets greasy very easily, but not with this product. Very mild scent, don't even notice it. I have tried a lot of SPF moisturisers at all price levels and I reckon this and Jurlique's SPF 30 lotion are the best.

on 4/17/2006 12:07:00 AM

Very nice moisturizer. For a while I had been using Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizer and I was out of it so I decided to try something new. This was an excellent purchase. I bought it a few months ago and it doesn't seem like its even close to running out. It only requires the smallest amount and it absorbs really quick. This is good because right after I tone and moisturize I can put my MAC studio fix on right away. My skin isn't greasy at all. I would definitely recommend it.

on 4/13/2006 9:30:00 PM

Overall, I really enjoy this facial moisturizer. I use it in the morning before putting on my BE foundation. It absorbs quickly and does a good job of moisturizing my patches of slightly dry skin. I don't notice a smell to it. The packaging is alright but is slightly inefficient. I have squirted a huge glob of lotion on more than one occasion because it just shoots right out. Even still, I like this stuff.

on 4/9/2006 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This worked fairly well for the cost and convenience. I probably wouldn't use it as a regular skincare item though. The scent was a little annoying and reminded me of self tanner.

this was recommended from my friend .. and to be honest .. i now use it as a night lotion lol .. i used it during the day, every day for so long, but then suddenly my skin started being oily .. its still a great product thought, it really prevents my skin to flake out, i use it on my dry spots every day, though and it works great .. i would never go a day without it ! now i use biore oil control moisterizing lotion thingy and it works great, too, love the smell =] .. well thanks for reading my opinion !

on 3/29/2006 1:13:00 PM

I love this lotion. It is perfect for light moisture and works well for mormal to oily skin. It leaves my skin feeling silky smooth once I've applied it.

on 3/23/2006 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Nice moisturizer but made my eye area red and swollen.

Popular Moisturizers