November 28, 2014 | 1811 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Trichomania bar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Trichomania is my new favorite Shampoo bar from Lush! It's recommended for people with dry hair. My hair is dry and I find that it's alot more moisturizing than bottle shampoos. I cut my bar into 5 pieces. It's easier to manage and you don't waste alot of product using it this way. The smell..OMG is so divine. It's a creamy coconut smell that puts a smile on my face everytime I use it. I want to eat it!! Lol!! I have really curly hair and when my hair is dry I'm left with bouncy soft curls...I love Trichomania and will repurchase!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by abbyyyy

This was an okay shampoo - After the first use of my sample I actually loved it, my curls were more defined, my hair was smooth and it didn't dry out my hair like I thought it might. However, after the second and third uses of the sample I received from LUSH, I wasn't really that into it. It dried my medium-longish hair out at the ends, and it got a bit frizzy and gross. My curls were less defined and I decided to stop using it because it seemed to be doing more damage than good. Also, I developed flakes on my scalp and I had started to discover strands of my hair were coming out a lot more when I washed, brushed and styled my hair. Not good.

However, I have been using up the rest of my sample as a shaving cream for my legs and it honestly gives the best, most comfortable and closest shave that I have ever had. I wouldn't purchase this for that soul reason because it is pretty expensive, but I would probably willingly take more if I had the opportunity just so I could use it to shave my legs.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by sorchao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample at the store and thought the product was ok.

I have coloured hair so it definitely stripped a bit of it (my hair is a salon shade of red), but I did like the smell of my hair after and that it gave my hair tons of volume.

I didn't like that it took forever to lather up well for me. My hair had to be super wet and I got better lather if I shampooed my hair twice with this product.

If I got this as a gift I would use it, but I probably would not buy this for myself.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by tori8780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not in love with this product. Perhaps it's because I have straight, frizzy hair and not the curly hair its recommended to, but it just doesnt do a whole lot for me. It feels heavy on my hair once I've rinsed it out, and I think if I tried using it multiple days in a row it would start to feel gunky. I use this shampoo when my hair is feeling especially dry and needs a hit of moisture. I think this would be a fab shampoo for curly girls with dry hair, but for my straight, dry hair it just makes it look lank. :( Too bad, because I am looking for a solid that is less drying than the pucks, but not so moisturizing that it weighs everything down.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by aislings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! This is a awesome shampoo! I've never used a solid shampoo before, so I was a little hesitant to try it. My hair can be frizzy and dull at times an this brings it back to life. The bars lasts a long time (I suggest cutting it into smaller portions) if you keep dry and away from water after each use. I would get a nice later going in my hands and rub it into my wet hair adding a little more water to help get more lather. It's lathering, but no too much where you feel that your hair is being stripped. I only had to use a small amount of conditioner after words and my hair was soft and frizz free after letting it air dry. The scent of coconut is nice in the shower but doesn't linger much on the hair afterward. I use this two or three times a week, but I think it could work well as a daily shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by VegeJunkie

Smells of coconut which to me is absolutely devine. I chop this into smaller blocks and use them one at a time, rubbing the block in my hands and massaging it into my scalp. I love that it lasts quite long and I only use one thorough wash twice a week to get rid of my oily scalp and leave my dry thick frizzy hair super soft and tame.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by KelBel77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I use this about twice a week between my cream cleanser washings, and I really like it. The first use scared me a bit, because it made my hair feel like wax! But after using a little conditioner, my hair felt amazing. I have no problem getting a lather. I just rub it around my scalp a few times, and my fine hair foams up quite nicely. What I didn't know before I purchased it was that it contains SLS (my fault for not checking), so after this is gone I will not repurchase since I'm trying to eliminate harmful chemicals from my bath and beauty products.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2010 4:08:00 AM More reviews by alyola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it's hard to use and although it's for dry hair i did not soften my hair .Atotal disapointment for me.It makes my hair impossible to brush

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably my least favourite LUSH shampoo. To be fair, my hair is normal and not curly or unruly, so it isn't the hair this shampoo is destined to. However, out of curiosity, I decided to try a small chunk and there were Pros: It lasted a long time because it lathers quite well, in a creamy and thick sort of way.
I tried different conditioners after using it to see if the results were due to the shampoo or the conditioner but many times I ended up with dull hair and, the worst part, a film of residue in my hair so I could barely run my hands through it. As much as I rinsed this happened a few times, very unpleasant. As for the smell, well it's coconut and I'm not a fan, but that's highly relative.
All in all, not as good as the other solid slabs from Lush. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by linseyp

Can't get this to work right for me just yet. I love the smell tho, so I'm experimenting on how to do this. I break off a sliver and use it but it doesn't spread well and crumbles. Maybe I need to just use the large piece and really rub. Right now, not sure if I'll buy again.