September 23, 2014 | 976 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by sesame57

A couple of years ago, I received a tube of The Body Shop's Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream as part of a Christmas present. At that time, I was on the hunt for another hand cream as my lotions from Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works were not providing much relief for me. I already had a trip to Las Vegas planned, so I threw in the tube of hand cream from The Body Shop into my suitcase and decided to test it out in the dry climates of Nevada. To my delight, it worked well and I have been a dedicated user of this product ever since.

The hand and nail cream is a light non-greasy formula that includes almond oil and soy oil to help repair skin's moisture barrier, restore moisture, and add smoothness to your hands. The shea butter softens and vitamins A, E, and F nourishes skin. The beeswax moisturizes as well as conditions the nail beds. The cream has a soft almond scent unlike some of the stronger scents from the Victoria's Secret or Bath & Body Works lotions.

I use this on a daily basis during the day and follow up at night with my Kiehl's hand cream. I also find that this hand and nail cream is perfect to use when giving manicures. I usually follow up the manicures I give myself at home with this product. While I admit that the price of this product is a bit high ($16.00 for a 3.4 fl. oz. tube), it's a good and long lasting product, especially when you factor in the organic and community trade ingredients incorporated into the cream. Furthermore, you don't need a lot of product to moisturize your hands, so it lasts a while for me. I highly recommend this product for people who are graduating from the heavy scented lotions and looking for real relief.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The price is approximately double what I'm prepared to pay for an everyday hand lotion, so this is in my wish/gift list rather than a regular purchase. If it were more reasonably priced, I'd be buying it over and over again. As many before me have said, the scent is divine - light, almondy, refreshing, clean - and the texture of the lotion is light, quite oily at first, and nourishing. It's great for hands, nails and cuticles. It quickly sinks in and is such a treat to apply. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Natasha82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG hand cream! I've repurchased it four times and will continue to do so. My hands and cuticles get very dry and this does a great job at moisturizing them! I'm not one for heavy, greasy lotions that take forever to absorb. This is very nourishing without being greasy. It's fast absorbing and leaves my hands feeling very soft. I also love the amazing almond scent. One of my favourite products all around!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Moonlight280

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like this product a lot. To begin with I already have nice hands which arent too dry. So this serves as the perfect light weight moisture i need for the day. Its not greasy and smells good. Overall a great product for some daily use for normal not very dry hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by cocomotion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

lets start with the fact that I don't have dry hands, this hand cream is moisturizing, smells very good but the smell is also VERY strong ( sweet almond scent ) which will fade completely in 20-30 minutes max. it does nothing to my weak nails. It absorbs quickly & doesn't leave a sticky film. I will buy it again & again for its lovely scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by annia316

At first I got a sample of this in the Body shop. I used it up in no time and repurchased the full size product. Like everyone else says: It absorbs really fast into the skin and makes my hands all smooth and the dry skin says goodbye! For me its a MUST during the Winter days! The scent is amazing too! I love it! Already recommended it to a couple of my friends!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by bchung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can honestly say that this is one of the best hand creams I've ever used. I like the fact that it is fast absorbing and very light! I can't stand greasy hand lotions. Also, ever since they discontinued their Almond Body Butter, I've been dying to find something ALMOND in the store! The smell is fantastic, and once I apply this lotion I can't stop smelling my hands. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this hand & nail cream from The Body Shop. The scent is probably what I most like about it, it's lovely! The cream has a light feeling to it and absorbs quickly. It's very moisturizing and long lasting.

The only downside is the somewhat hefty price tag. I'd still repurchase it cause I really like it. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a free sample, but wont be buying it now that I've used it up. I'm not that keen on the marzipan smell, and my hands are much too dry for this very light hand cream. If your hands aren't very dry and you like a cream that absorbs quickly, I'm sure it's good, but it just isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite hand cream. It feels light and absorbs quickly, but still very moisturizing. The scent is pleasant and not overpowering. Just a great hand cream.