MAC Refined Golden

4.1

on 9/9/2010 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A little too dark and too shimmery (sparkely) for me.
I like Golden (regular "Golden") much better. I am an NW20 PPP.

on 8/9/2010 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I used this bronzer for many years when I did competitive dancing. The judges wanted the performers to all be really tan. I would get a fake tan and then put this stuff on (ridiculous, I know :D). Even with all the sweat from performing, the bronzer stayed on and didn't shrink. If I were to get this bronzer again, I would get in a much lighter shade.

on 7/8/2010 3:56:00 PM

I bought this from the Style Warriors collection, obviously because of the packaging. Therefore a high-5 for the packaging design! Super cute and it's probably my most cherished MAC collection packaging *so far*.

As for the product itself, I love how the shimmer in it is just shimmer and not chunky glitter. It's definitely a sheer-er bronzer compared to the other ones I own from Physicians Formula. However, it's the perfect shade for my Asian skin tones... and because it is build-able, I can use more in the summer time when I'm very tanned and use less in the winter when I'm paler. One more thing, sometimes I use it as a contour colour rather than a bronzer, and because of it's tone it works well and looks natural on me.
It's a lovely colour and I'd definitely purchase it again if I ever hit pan, but I hope when I do it's another awesome packaging rather than MAC's ordinary standard packaging.

on 7/7/2010 6:24:00 AM

I love this colour bronzer. I bought golden at the airport duty free when i came back from my vacation and thought it was a bit too light and required too much effort to put on. But this colour is perfect and i bought it in the to the beach packaging and it's soo cute! love love love!!

on 7/2/2010 7:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Firstly, i wear shade NC15 in MAC studio fix fluid foundation, mixed with a bit of NW25 when im a bit more tanned, and I find that a lot of bronzers patch when worn over foundation and won't blend evenly or make me look sunburnt or orange, not this one! it has a lovely natural bronze colour with a very slight shimmer. I was using the same bronzer in lighter shade 'golden' which i also liked the texture of, however it took quite a bit to build up a decent colour resulting in it running out mighty fast where as this shade can be worn sparingly as it builds up colour fast, therefore lasting a lot longer. So yes, i would definately recommend this product

on 6/22/2010 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this with the "To The Beach" packaging. I like this for setting my MAC Studio Moisture Tint. Refined Golden gives me a nice shimmer without looking like I got caught in a glitter storm. I rotate between Refined Golden and use Refined Deeper Bronze if I need more color.

on 6/17/2010 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought based on a recommendation by my local MAC counter manager... it didn't show up on me and I am NC30-35.

I was totally unimpressed and ebaye'd it after one use.

I wanted a replacement (or step up) from EL Bronze Goddess bronzer, and was really disappointed. I love MAC in many ways but this sorely disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I absolutely adore this bronzer. I have always wanted to try this, however since I wear bronzer only occasionally- I didn't feel like spending $28.00 on it. Enter the 'To the Beach' collection and the adorable packaging suckered me in :) but it is a great product. Many of the bronzers I have tried, pull very red on me- making me look sunburnt and orange. This has zero red and orange, its a lovely light tan color with a slight sheen (it has tiny microglitter- but it isnt noticeable on the skin) it gives me the perfect sunkissed glow, without making me look like I applied pure orange to my skin (NC25/neutral/yellow undertone here) ........This wears for a very long time, and works well under blush or just by itself, even as a light contour. A great bronzer!

on 6/14/2010 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the perfect bronzer for contouring (or used as a blush) for my NC35 light/medium complexion. I've tried so many that look too muddy or dark on me. Don't be scared of the shimmer in the pan because it definitely doesn't look like that once applied. I discovered it in the To the Beach collection and I'll be using this all summer. So glad to know this is in the permanent line. I won't be looking for another bronzer as long as MAC has it. I'll be purchasing it again and again.

on 6/14/2010 2:10:00 PM

Love, love, love this stuff! I have been buying it for years. Yes, it does have shimmer which turns some people off, but I do not find it to be overpowering. I often use it more as a blush than an all-over bronzer (I'm already pretty dark - NC40 now, but NC45 in the past).

Popular Bronzers