April 18, 2014 | 1972 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Chanel - Gentle BiPhase Eye Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by chestnutrose

This product is much better then the over hyped Lancome Bi Facil eye makeup remover. This is very gentle and not greasy (unlike the Lancome). I experienced no irritation or stinging in the eye area with this. Pricey, not sure if it is entirely worth it for me as I don't wear much eye makeup on a regular basis. This does take everything off (sometimes with a bit of effort when trying to remove eye liner) and leaves no residue behind. I still think the Clinique Eye Makeup Removers are better with the factor of price considered though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2008 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Barbi12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very gentel, quickly and easly removes makeup. No greasy or oily feeling. I wear contact lenses, no problem at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype on this one at all. I was so excited to get this product however it removed next to nothing for me (I was not expecting that)! I had heard how wonderful this was and thought it would probably blow my Clarins and Lancome out of the water, but it wasn't even competition. I don't use heavy duty make up either (I never use waterproof mascara or anything like that). I thought perhaps I needed to just let it sit longer over my eye make up, so I saturated a cotton square and held it in place for nearly 30 seconds. I thought it might be one of those removers where you have to hold the cotton ball over your eyes for a while and then the make up will just slide off, but guess what, that didn't work either! This stuff was completely worthless and incredibly expensive! What the heck!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by sakie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used several eye makeup removers before and this is the best so far. It really melts the difficult-to-remove eye liner and mascara without much heavy pressing and stretching the sensitive skin of the eyes. It's oily but not as bad as the Lancome's; so I always use a facial makeup remover to after this. It's expensive, but it does the job well so I would still buy it again until I find a better one.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by vflorestano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't have sensitive skin at all, but this did 2 things, (1) practically blinded me, so oily it left a film on my eyes for an hour or so, and (2) made my eyelids and outer eyes all red and rashy! So strange as I've never had a reaction to any cosmetic product before. Now, I usually use water-based makeup removers, so maybe I'm just not used to this, but it felt VERY oily to me. And very expensive. I'll stick with L'Oreal Oil-free Eye Makeup Remove for a fraction of the cost.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

I had few samples of this and worked quite good.Its a dual-phase formula that whisks away all eye makeup and the water proof products too.Its Fragrance-free.I found it very effective product did everything that an eye make up remover should do without being irritated for my eye area.The reason that I m not going to buy the full size is because of the price 36 euros for 3,40oz and because I m so pleased with my take the day off balm by clinique or the more economical cleansing oil by mac

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by ouqtinvu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this from my BFF Kathie as a gift. Frankly I couldn't understand paying so much $$ for eye make-up remover. I had been using Lancome's version - which is also very expensive. It worked well but leaves a very oily feling residue which I didn't care for. I have very dry very sensitive skin. I get allergic exema in my eye area - and when I get it it's a burning itchy horror to say the least. I bought Chanel waterproof mascara and Make-Up Forever waterproof eyeliner yesterday (my eyes tear so badly nothing stays put!). I opened the Chanel remover last night and I was amazed at how well it worked, After reading MUA reviews on the eyeliner and mascara being so "impossible" to remove - I didn't know what to expect... I put the remover on a cotton ball - and it all just literally melted away - no rubbing needed - and a little goes a long way.. Clean as clean can be and no problem with my sensitive eyes stinging. I would buy this again and again. Wish it was less expensive , but sometimes it's true - you get what you pay for.. Thanks Kath!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I'd stopped wearing eyeliner and mascara because it was so miserable taking it all off at night but this does the trick without irritating my eyes and leaving an oily film. I use a folded wet-then-rung-out "Soft Bounty" paper towel (no fibers), squirt on the remover, then press against my eye for a few seconds. The paper towel allows me to use the other side without going through multiple cotton pads. Crazy, I know. But it really works! My eye area is clean and no, it doesn't irritate the area and overdry it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2008 2:46:00 AM More reviews by honey123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I completely agree with 8hourcream review of this.

This is gentle, but it doesnt take it all off! I use Clinique's naturally glossy mascara and some Chanel eyeshadow and it doesnt take it all off theres always some left on my face in the morning.

Its good but I want something that removes it all and is gentle. I bought this due to the raves on here and also in a book called "The beauty bible" where they test lots of different products on lots of different women and ask for the results. This came second (and was one of the editors favourite eye makeup remover) and Precriptives came first but I dont live near anywhere with prescriptives and they dont have it on QVC UK.

Also it leaves the side of my eye a little red, but this could be reintroduction of eyemakeup and its removal?

The search continues, I will use it up as its too expensive (14.50 for 100ml in Boots).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eye makeup remover and so does my mother, she can't live without it.

I find it gentle and soothing and doesn't irritate my eyes. It's rather expensive for an eye-makeup remover, but for the results and the no tugging benefit, I will definitely repurchase, if not for me, for my mother who just loves this.