Chanel Gentle BiPhase Eye Makeup Remover

4.2

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, PPG-26 Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine

on 3/24/2009 11:44:00 AM

I was inspired to write when I saw Zarahshortlash's review on the main MUA page. I cannot believe I haven't reviewed this! As KarlaSugar says, this stuff has unicorn tears in it! Really, it blows Lancome and Clinique out of the water. I originally got a sample of this and, frankly, didn't think to even try it. I was going to throw it in my box 'o extras for swaps. Then, I needed a MU remover and remembered the little bottle of Chanel. WOW! This stuff really works - and takes off more makeup with less work than any other product I have tried. This is pricey (hey - it's Chanel), but it really lasts as a little goes a LONG way...you do not need to soak cotton ball after cotton ball here. HG for sure!

UPDATE: I still love this stuff. It really lasts, too. My bottle looks nearly new. UPDATE: Bottle is almost at its end, and I am still in love. I will repurchase and never look back, lol. I wear contacts and have sensitive eyes and never have had a problem. HTH!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this! No residue and no stinging. I use contact lenses and I'm able to use this wearing the contacts. Wonderful. Takes away ALL eye makeup. I tried L'Oreal's makeup remover, which according to some MUA users wouldn't sting, but it did after a couple of uses. So, I bought Chanel's instead, and it's glorious. I'm on my second bottle now, and will continue to buy it even though it's pretty expensive, but a little goes a long way! And really, NO RESIDUE!

on 3/18/2009 9:51:00 PM

I have been using this eye makeup remover forever and I swear by it. It is amazing and it leaves none of that nasty oily film on the eyes like those of Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, and Benefit. It is a bit pricey but it does last a long while and the great thing about it is that it in one swipe you will remove your eye makeup even if it's waterproof. It is gentle enough so if you have sensitive eyes due to allergies and contacts you can use this eye makeup remover without worrying about the irritation. It's worth the investment, I believe prices have gone up, like they do every year for Chanel, I think it's $34 now. But other than the price, it really is a great product.

on 1/9/2009 4:20:00 PM

Lancome has always been my HG of eye/lip makeup remover and saw no reason to move away from it. However, I was given a sample of the Chanel BiPhase remover and really like it. It is far less greasy than Lancome but both do a very good job. I'd buy either really.

on 1/1/2009 7:04:00 AM

I will be in the minority not to recommend this product at all. It required some rubbing to get the make up completely and didn't strike me for being very smooth. The worst bit, however, was that it made my eyes red and teary! This was not immediate, it happened 5-10 minutes after use so possibly it's just an individual reaction. Still, I am not very allergic and neither do I have super sensitive skin so this came as a surprise. Total waste of money and such a dissapointment.

on 12/21/2008 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is much better then the over hyped Lancome Bi Facil eye makeup remover. This is very gentle and not greasy (unlike the Lancome). I experienced no irritation or stinging in the eye area with this. Pricey, not sure if it is entirely worth it for me as I don't wear much eye makeup on a regular basis. This does take everything off (sometimes with a bit of effort when trying to remove eye liner) and leaves no residue behind. I still think the Clinique Eye Makeup Removers are better with the factor of price considered though.

on 12/20/2008 8:51:00 AM

Very gentel, quickly and easly removes makeup. No greasy or oily feeling. I wear contact lenses, no problem at all.

on 12/13/2008 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I don't get the hype on this one at all. I was so excited to get this product however it removed next to nothing for me (I was not expecting that)! I had heard how wonderful this was and thought it would probably blow my Clarins and Lancome out of the water, but it wasn't even competition. I don't use heavy duty make up either (I never use waterproof mascara or anything like that). I thought perhaps I needed to just let it sit longer over my eye make up, so I saturated a cotton square and held it in place for nearly 30 seconds. I thought it might be one of those removers where you have to hold the cotton ball over your eyes for a while and then the make up will just slide off, but guess what, that didn't work either! This stuff was completely worthless and incredibly expensive! What the heck!

on 11/25/2008 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used several eye makeup removers before and this is the best so far. It really melts the difficult-to-remove eye liner and mascara without much heavy pressing and stretching the sensitive skin of the eyes. It's oily but not as bad as the Lancome's; so I always use a facial makeup remover to after this. It's expensive, but it does the job well so I would still buy it again until I find a better one.

on 9/29/2008 11:09:00 PM

I don't have sensitive skin at all, but this did 2 things, (1) practically blinded me, so oily it left a film on my eyes for an hour or so, and (2) made my eyelids and outer eyes all red and rashy! So strange as I've never had a reaction to any cosmetic product before. Now, I usually use water-based makeup removers, so maybe I'm just not used to this, but it felt VERY oily to me. And very expensive. I'll stick with L'Oreal Oil-free Eye Makeup Remove for a fraction of the cost.