April 20, 2014 | 1513 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by myxpanicxfall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me preface this by saying my skin has a mind of its own and it likes to do whatever it wants. But I saw this Mario Badescu stuff on YouTube and I was a little skeptical. People were saying it was AMAZING!!!! And it took me at least a month to decided to buy and another just to seek it out online. So, I did and it arrived yesterday. And can I just say. I already see a difference. When I woke up this morning my face was soft and it had hardly any oil. I then looked in the mirror and saw that the redness around my nose had noticeably reduced. Now, take this with a grain of salt since this after my very first use but it is looking promising. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because when it dries on your face it starts to flake off but I suspect that is because I used a little too much. So, really its more like a 4.9999 so far. Also, I suggest, instead of a damp cotton swab, using a foundation brush (1 dollar E.L.F. @ Target) to put it on. Put it in the cap , then get it a little wet then use the foundation brush. I saw this technique on Secretlifeofabionerd' s YouTube channel. She lead me here. But yeah the product is work the 12 dollars (which is more like 20 because of shipping and handling)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product really works. It helps absorb oil, tightens pores, make pores look smaller, & helps diminish blackheads. You get a ton of product for the price. My first time using this I decided to use a lot of powder thinking more powder meant better results, but I was wrong. If you use too much powder, even toner on a cotton ball wont remove the white chalky residue. Dampen a cotton ball, get the smallest specks of powder and smear it on any area with blackheads. (not just your nose!) Use a very thin layer for best results, I feel blackheads are removed & lifted better when I use less powder. You can also see the blackheads/oil spots come to surface when you use less product. I like to leave it on for 15 minutes vs the recommended 10. To remove this product, use a cotton ball soaked in toner. After using this extractions are a breeze because, this really does suck blackheads out and makes them visible and easy to remove. This doesn't magically remove all blackheads or lift out from the root like biore pore strips, but it does help them to loosen & it does tighten pores. I recommend cleansing, steaming & even exfoliating before the use of this to help in blackheads lifting. I am very pleased with this product you get enough for your money ($12 US dollars) This product doesn't burn like minty facial masks and is okay for sensitive skin so I'm very pleased it can be used on anyone. If you have stubborn blackheads, use this a few times a week and you will see them improve. A unique product, and worth the money. A clay facial mask works similarly, but this actually softens blackheads. After using normal facial masks my blackheads dry up a little but they aren't easy to extract cuz my face is so dry. This targets actual blackheads not just the skin around the blackheads like a facial mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by strawberrycupcake123

This is great stuff. Im so disappointed to hear it didn't work for some ladies. Ive been lazy with it of late, but if used 1-2 times a week, there is a noticeable difference. Some blackheads disappear, but some stay. The most annoying this is how it flakes everywhere! On your clothes, the floor etc. Sure its small powders grains easily swept, but don't wear good clothes when doing so! It also is kinda hard to get off and leaves the face feeling weird, like it needs to be scrubbed to get the film off. But if you wash off with a scrub in the shower or use toner or something, silky smooth skin awaits you! I'm so impressed. I was pretty skeptical about this, but when the sales guy in-store gave me a facial with it and other MB/Origins products i was so happy!

Definitely worth a go, if you can get your hands on a sample!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by xsammiiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This product worked wonders on my skin! I really needed a product for the overwhelming amount of blackheads on my t-zone and I found this product at Ulta, and for only 12 dollars I had to get it and I'm glad I did. My blackheads have decreased greatly to the point their almost non-existent. My pores appear to be smaller as well, and this is also wonderful for absorbing up oil. Instead of using it for only 10 minutes though I use it for 20 because my skin is quite oily. Will definitely repurchase when I'm out! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by pixelpanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another hyped about product that didn't work for my skin. :'(
I have the worst blackheads anyone has ever seen; they're all over my nose, and it looks so gross to have a "strawberry nose"! I bought this hoping that it would clean out my pores, but sadly it didn't work. It made my pores look smaller and made my nose feel super smooth though! But it only lasted a few days...

It's annoying to wash off because the powder really clings to your face. I only recommend this to people with very little blackheads as they aren't very effective on deep and stubborn blackheads. It also helps to use a pore strip right after using the Silver Powder. You don't have to use a lot of the powder, and it lasts such a long time! $12 isn't exactly dirt cheap, but the jar is HUGE.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by watada

I bought this after reading all the good reviews on this website. I put the powder into my palm and add a little water and work into a paste, then apply onto my nose, chin, cheeks and forehead, mostly the middle of my face.
I have to say, it works! My acne is mostly keep in check by regular facials, but this really helps to keep blackheads on my nose to a minimum in between facials. I used it on my boyfriends nose bc he also had a lot of blackheads, and it helped him as well. I'm very pleased with the product.
It is hard to get off. I use an Aveda face cloth to wipe the rest off.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Teiris

This product is great! After my first use I definitely noticed my blackheads had diminished significantly.
The jar is full to the BRIM with product which is great, but just be careful opening it.
I use a wet cotton pad to apply it my face (like a paste), and I haven't had any problems with mess. After I rinse it off I use a pore strip to really clean it all out, and then a toner.
This is the only product I've used that actually helps my blackheads. It's not a forever fix though, I use the combo about once a week to keep it under control.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by laurend6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 3 months now, and it is one of my all time favorite products for sure! The only reason I give it a 4 is because it's a little messy. To remove this I use Mario Badescu's Special Cucumber Lotion, and I LOVE it as well. I have a full review of this product on my blog.. http://lullabelllady6.blogspot.com/ !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As far as face products go, this isn't expensive at $12, until you look at the ingredient list: calcium carbonate (basically lithified sea monkeys) and Zinc/ Titanium dioxide (sunscreen).

Skeptical as I was, I had to try it given the rave reviews and my inability to find a local source of calcium carbonate. I wouldn't sleep with it on- try mixing it in yogurt so it lasts longer. The results are...inconclusive. Does it lighten my blackheads or shrink my flare ups-- maybe a bit?

Fore conclusive results at about the same price- try MUAC mandelic acid peel.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is great stuff. It's a very fine, unscented white powder that comes in a hard plastic jar. I love how much product you get and I love how the jar it comes in is filled to the brim. Usually products that come in jars aren't filled to the top and it feels like you're kind of getting ripped off. As some other reviewers stated, be careful when opening the jar because this powder is extremely fine and if you're not careful you could spill it.

I have a really oily complexion and this does wonders for reducing oil build up on my face. My skin usually gets really oily throughout the day and I found myself needing to blot about 2-3 times a week. After using this, my skin is more balanced and "normal" for the next few days and I don't need to blot as much.

This also helps a lot with my blackheads.I only apply this on my chin and on my nose. After I remove the product, I would dampen my nose with warm water and slap a pore-strip over it. This helps remove a lot more gunk out of your nose compared to if you used the pore-strip on it's own. I also find that it's easier for me to de-clog the clogged pores on my chin after using this product. I just take two q-tips and squeeze gently and all the gunk comes out.

I first heard about this product through a YouTube video by the user SecretLifeofABioNerd. She recommended that you turn this powder into a paste with a few drops of water rather than using a wet cotton ball and dipping it into the product 'cause it can be quite messy and wasteful. I thought that having to mix the powder into a paste was quite cumbersome so I dipped wet q-tip into the product and applied it to my face like that. It's easier, less messy, and faster than the cotton ball or paste method. If you find that the product on the q-tip is drying out or turning into a ball of thick paste then run water lightly over the q-tip for half a second and smooth the product out.

Make sure you get a good toner or astringent to take this off with, because it can be a little difficult to remove. I use Dickinson's alcohol free 100% pure witch hazel to remove this. I wouldn't recommend any toners or astringents with alcohol in it 'cause it can burn due to the fact that your skin will be a touch sensitive after removing the product.

I bought this off of Hautelook.com so I got about 30% off (maybe? can't remember) of the retail price. Even if I did pay the full $12, I still think this is a great value. You don't need a lot of product because a thinner layer is easier to take off and you still get the same results. Plus, you don't need to use this more than 2-3 times a week.

Hope this review helps!