Mario Badescu silver powder

3.8

Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide 5/20/09

on 12/30/2011 11:30:00 AM

I bought this since i've always struggled with blackheads. I had never heard of this until i read about it on elleandblair.com. The only reason i didn't give it 5 stars is because it was hard to remove like other reviewers said. I use witch hazel as my toner and it seemed like i had to use a lot. after 2 uses i noticed a big difference in my blackheads and i think it totally cleared up my acne on my forehead and chin too. if you use this, definitely leave it on for the full 10 min for it to work the best

on 12/21/2011 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Recommended by someone at Ulta for clogged pores. Easy to put on, but difficult to wash off! When you follow the instructions to remove it, it leaves a white sheen all over your face and would have to use my Clarisonic to remove, however, white powder still everywhere!!! Used a few times (though was told I'd see results immediately), but didn't see any difference in my clogged pores. Not worth it.

on 12/19/2011 11:05:00 PM

This stuff seemed to only fill in my pores and give off the illusion of them disappearing. However, it did not get rid of any of my blackheads. It is VERY messy and I had to use like 5 cotton balls to get it all off. Too bad, I wish there was something to completely get RID of blackheads. :(

on 10/18/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I liked this product - it did seem to shrink my pores and at least lighten (if not remove) my blackheads. Difficult to remove, but worth it. I will probably use tums (calcium carbonate) instead of this product when I run out.

on 10/16/2011 3:35:00 AM

Mmm, tried this a few times now and not sure. I have fine, spotty skin, not the in your face nasty acne but always enough to be a pain. I have read the reviews for this stuff and thought it worth a shot.
To put it on is fun enough, dampen face then dab a cotton ball in the powder and apply, it turns instantly to a fine clay mask consistency which feels nice on.
It dries fairly qucikly, and now the only downside I can really see - a fine dandruff like powder that falls off your face as this stuff dries. You don't notice it at first then boomfa, white powder is everywhere.
So you take it off with a cloth, flannel and a slight white sheen remains but this comes off easily.
The results, well my skin did look clearer and when used often, ( read 3 times a week) my skin did seem clearer. I will use it till its gone but not sure I'll buy this again, just didn't fancy the messiness mid routine.

on 9/16/2011 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I've always had so many blackheads on my nose. A few months ago, I started using The Face Shop's Charcoal Pore Strips which worked wonders on my blackheads! It did not remove my blackheads 100%, but made a significant difference. I bought the silver powder to try it out. I put some powder in my hand, add a few drops of hot water, and then mix it. I put the mixture on my nose (after I wash my face) and wait about 10 minutes. I use Ole Henrikson's Grease Relief Toner on a cotton pad to remove, then use the pore strips with hot water. After about 25 minutes, I peel the pore strips off. The silver powder helps get rid of like 50% more blackheads than without! NOW I can say my nose is almost 100% clear of blackheads. I do this about once every two weeks. This tub will last me at least a year. This is such a good value. This is a must have product.

on 9/11/2011 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This powder is really good for blackheads! For $12, it is an amazing price. I usually put it on my nose and chin, then use my Clarisonic and it gets the blackheads out easily. I try to use this every other night, as it really keeps me from getting blackheads. I have sensitive combo skin and my boyfriend has oily skin and it works amazing for him too.

Oh, and I've read reviews about the packaging being annoying, but I just tap a little bit into the lid so I don't have to put the wet cotton ball into the whole jar.

If this product keeps giving me such quick results, it'll be HG status in no time. I picked this up at Ulta along with MB Keratoplast Cream Soap, MB Healing Cream, MB Buffering Lotion, and MB Drying Lotion. I have moderately sensitive combination acne prone skin. I used the Silver Powder after getting out of the shower and I could literally see results after my first application. I used a bit too much so I needed a wet cloth to wipe away the chalky residue but the redness level was like night and day- had I used a wet cloth on my face to even lightly scrub before this product, I would've been looking like a tomato for the rest of the day. Something in the Powder is very calming. I saw instant results with the size of my pores as well as great oil control. Usually when I wake up it looks like an oil tanker has crashed and spilled all over my face but the morning after using the Powder for the first time I was simply dewy. After my first use, my skin felt and looked clearer and I honestly felt more confident without makeup. Why 4 lips instead of 5: Powder flakes off and you inhale some but that could just be me over applying. Not a fan of the chalky residue making look paler than I already am, either. I use the cotton ball as directed. It just seems simpler than mixing a paste and painting it on with a brush as some users have suggested. I can see where that would work better for some people for sure, though. Like any product you just have to find which method feels best for you.

If you're looking for oil control that won't leave you dry, I HIGHLY recommend MB Silver Powder. So glad I found this product!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Let me preface this by saying my skin has a mind of its own and it likes to do whatever it wants. But I saw this Mario Badescu stuff on YouTube and I was a little skeptical. People were saying it was AMAZING!!!! And it took me at least a month to decided to buy and another just to seek it out online. So, I did and it arrived yesterday. And can I just say. I already see a difference. When I woke up this morning my face was soft and it had hardly any oil. I then looked in the mirror and saw that the redness around my nose had noticeably reduced. Now, take this with a grain of salt since this after my very first use but it is looking promising. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because when it dries on your face it starts to flake off but I suspect that is because I used a little too much. So, really its more like a 4.9999 so far. Also, I suggest, instead of a damp cotton swab, using a foundation brush (1 dollar E.L.F. @ Target) to put it on. Put it in the cap , then get it a little wet then use the foundation brush. I saw this technique on Secretlifeofabionerd' s YouTube channel. She lead me here. But yeah the product is work the 12 dollars (which is more like 20 because of shipping and handling)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product really works. It helps absorb oil, tightens pores, make pores look smaller, & helps diminish blackheads. You get a ton of product for the price. My first time using this I decided to use a lot of powder thinking more powder meant better results, but I was wrong. If you use too much powder, even toner on a cotton ball wont remove the white chalky residue. Dampen a cotton ball, get the smallest specks of powder and smear it on any area with blackheads. (not just your nose!) Use a very thin layer for best results, I feel blackheads are removed & lifted better when I use less powder. You can also see the blackheads/oil spots come to surface when you use less product. I like to leave it on for 15 minutes vs the recommended 10. To remove this product, use a cotton ball soaked in toner. After using this extractions are a breeze because, this really does suck blackheads out and makes them visible and easy to remove. This doesn't magically remove all blackheads or lift out from the root like biore pore strips, but it does help them to loosen & it does tighten pores. I recommend cleansing, steaming & even exfoliating before the use of this to help in blackheads lifting. I am very pleased with this product you get enough for your money ($12 US dollars) This product doesn't burn like minty facial masks and is okay for sensitive skin so I'm very pleased it can be used on anyone. If you have stubborn blackheads, use this a few times a week and you will see them improve. A unique product, and worth the money. A clay facial mask works similarly, but this actually softens blackheads. After using normal facial masks my blackheads dry up a little but they aren't easy to extract cuz my face is so dry. This targets actual blackheads not just the skin around the blackheads like a facial mask.

Popular Masks