Mario Badescu silver powder

3.8

Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide 5/20/09

i like this. i use it like every other day lol. the thing is i cant wear black when im using it cuz eveyrtime i breathe i sniff out powder onto my clothes ><

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This absolutely works for me! Dirt cheap given how much you get and how long it will last, and I get results.
I've had blackheads all over my nose for as long as I can remember, to the point where they can be very obvious, even with makeup on. After the first application of this they seemed to be less noticeable, and after a few more they were basically no-existent. Yes, you have to keep applying, because if you're getting blackheads then you will likely always get them because your pores are a bit too open - but for the sake of 20 minutes 2 or 3 times a week it's really worth it.
I don't usually follow up with a pore strip, but the few times I have I see a lot of gunk being pulled out and my nose is always a lot clearer and cleaner.
I've had my pot now for over 6 months and use it 2 to 3 times a week and there is still over 3/4 of the powder left in the pot!
It can be tough to remove - Witch Hazel toner will do the job but it's not easy. The best toners I've found to remove it are the MB toners I already use, but if you don't want to spend the money on them the Witch Hazel will get the job done.
Definitely worth it for anyone who wants to reduce their blackheads and doesn't expect instant and permanent results from one treatment.

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a keeper for me. It's quite cheap considering how long it'll last. I try to use the silver powder once a week though I should do it more. Anyway, my skin looks so much better after I've used it. My pores aren't so large anymore and it's easier to remove the blackheads. I usually use a scrub for a few minutes after I've removed the silver powder with toner. Either that or I use Tiq's Pore cleanser if I'm in the shower. That way I get rid of everything that the silver powder loosened - like the blackheads.

The sad thing is that after this have "shrunk" my pores, by morning or the next day everything's right back to how it was before I used it. However, if I use the silver powder more than once a week I might get a more noticable effect I think. It's something I'm gonna try.

Update: So I've been using this for a while now. But instead of scrubbing after to remove all my blackheads I do an oil cleanse instead. It works like a charm and I can see, and feel, stuff come out from my pores which is strangely satisfying. Much better than scrubbing, and much easier on my skin! However I don't manage to do it as often as I want, as the silver powder makes a bit of a mess and take a little time to remove.

For the price u cant ask for more. It worked the first application I used it. My nose and forehead appeared smoother and it didnt irritate my sensitive dry skin. I used the seaweed cleanser made by MB and it came right off. Best 12 bucks ive spent in a while. I did notice this product stays sold out everwhere they sell it.

Works a MILLION times better when used after Biore Strips. I first use a Biore Strip after a hot shower (when my pores are wide open), leave that on until its dry, pull it up and observe all the nasty-ness that was plugged in my nose. I rinse the excess residue off from the strip, and while my skin is still wet, I apply the silver powder to turn into a creamy paste. I really make it more like a paste than a cream. Leave on for 10 minutes (longer if I can), rinse, and INSTANTLY notice clearer skin. The Silver Powder helps to "close" the pores that my Biore Strip leaves open. So many ppl have troubles with the biore strips because it leaves the pore open and it just gets clogged again...if only they had the Silver Powder too, they would see what they're missing! I do this routine once a month, but use the Silver powder once every two weeks to refresh. I have used this product over a zit, and it really helps to reduce redness, but that's about it. But for blackheads it's wonderful, especially when used with the biore strips. It is a bit of work to get the mask off, but really nothing so bad that other reviewers make it out to be. Just a couple of extra rinses, skip the toner, no big deal really. The white spots that appear "stuck" in the pores after I rinse is a sign to me that I need to bring out the extractor (if you don't have one, GET ONE), and sure enough the white leftover spots are some remaining clogged pores. then viola! blackhead-free!

I bought this since i've always struggled with blackheads. I had never heard of this until i read about it on elleandblair.com. The only reason i didn't give it 5 stars is because it was hard to remove like other reviewers said. I use witch hazel as my toner and it seemed like i had to use a lot. after 2 uses i noticed a big difference in my blackheads and i think it totally cleared up my acne on my forehead and chin too. if you use this, definitely leave it on for the full 10 min for it to work the best

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Recommended by someone at Ulta for clogged pores. Easy to put on, but difficult to wash off! When you follow the instructions to remove it, it leaves a white sheen all over your face and would have to use my Clarisonic to remove, however, white powder still everywhere!!! Used a few times (though was told I'd see results immediately), but didn't see any difference in my clogged pores. Not worth it.

This stuff seemed to only fill in my pores and give off the illusion of them disappearing. However, it did not get rid of any of my blackheads. It is VERY messy and I had to use like 5 cotton balls to get it all off. Too bad, I wish there was something to completely get RID of blackheads. :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I liked this product - it did seem to shrink my pores and at least lighten (if not remove) my blackheads. Difficult to remove, but worth it. I will probably use tums (calcium carbonate) instead of this product when I run out.

Mmm, tried this a few times now and not sure. I have fine, spotty skin, not the in your face nasty acne but always enough to be a pain. I have read the reviews for this stuff and thought it worth a shot.
To put it on is fun enough, dampen face then dab a cotton ball in the powder and apply, it turns instantly to a fine clay mask consistency which feels nice on.
It dries fairly qucikly, and now the only downside I can really see - a fine dandruff like powder that falls off your face as this stuff dries. You don't notice it at first then boomfa, white powder is everywhere.
So you take it off with a cloth, flannel and a slight white sheen remains but this comes off easily.
The results, well my skin did look clearer and when used often, ( read 3 times a week) my skin did seem clearer. I will use it till its gone but not sure I'll buy this again, just didn't fancy the messiness mid routine.

Popular Masks