Suave Professionals Humectant Conditioner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Glycerin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E Acetate], Arginine HCl, Lysine HCl, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Silk Amino Acids, Methylisothiazolinone, Honey, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract

on 8/24/2010 10:06:00 PM

With this conditioner, you get what you pay for. I love a good bargain and am definitely no hair care snob, but this conditioner claims to moisturize as well as Nexxus Humectress, and as I finally purchased the Nexxus version of this product and have been using it for a week or so now, let me tell you, there is no comparison. Using the Suave version, my hair fair strawlike and damaged, especially the ends .. they were brittle and disgusting and I couldnt figure out why .. until I took the plunge and spent 10 bucks on the Nexxus version. It is so worth it to spring the extra few dollars for the real deal ; this Suave version just doesnt cut it for me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Well I'm an African American female with extremely dry, coarse, and coiled hair. Tiny pen spring and pencil sized curls cover my entire head. Okay so what I think about this conditioner is that it's amazing in many ways.

First it detangels my hair very well. Secondly it moisturizes my hair intensely. Third I can use it as a leave in and it absorbs right into my hair and disappears. Fourth it doesn't irritate my skin when I leave it in. Right now my hair is shiney and moist from this conditioner. Fifth it doesn't contain protein which my hair would react negatively to even if it were the last ingredient on the list.My only gripe is that I wish it were thicker. It's a given that thicker conditioners reduce frizz and allow for better curl clumping. Oh yeah and sixth it's dirt cheap for an insane amount of product which is so necessary for people with curly hair because we go through a lot of conditioner.

All in all I believe that Suave Humectant is a conditioner that everyone with dry hair should at least try once. Especially if you're a person of African descent with natural hair. I am personally gonna use it until I can find a more natural yet inexpensive alternative. I hope my review is helpful to someone.

on 7/29/2010 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

AWFUL!

I hate this product. There are products that are not good or bad, just a waste of money because they don't do much; however, this product is AWFUL! I have no idea what is in it that doesn't agree with my hair, but it is a mess!

I bought it due to the rave reviews that it was a decent dupe for Nexxus and I must say, if that is true, welll I am glad I didn't spend that money on Nexxus's.

This "conditioner" compleeeeeeeeeetely made my hair tangled, matted, dry and brittle. I could NOT comb my hair at all and had to reach for VO5's moisture milks (which is even cheaper) to get it untangled and back to normal. I was completely disappointed. It was cheap for the huuuge bottle but I am upset that I have this huuuuge bottle that I will never use again. I think I tried it another time after, saying maybe it was just that once, nopes, SAME thing. I am tempted to try once more as it has been over a year now, but I cringe at the thought. Needless to say, I will not be buying this again neither will I use the huge, pretty much new bottle I have.

The one upside, was that the bottle I bought had a pump which is very convenient and easy. If the conditioner was any good it would have been a blessing, but it is nice packaging for a horrible product.

on 7/21/2010 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This made my hair feel gross. My hair is pretty dry and this conditioner/shampoo combo just made it more prone to tangling and breakage. At least it was cheap.

on 7/19/2010 12:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the only Suave Professional product that I didn't really like. It's not terrible; it's just that it has a tendency to weigh my hair down, and it doesn't do anything amazing for it. Not terrible. . . just average.

on 7/12/2010 9:48:00 PM

When i ran out of my conditioner i reached for this sitting on the side of the shower. I figured it wouldn't work at all but i was surprised when it did a decent job. For the price, it's great but i probably won't use this as my full conditioner because my hair is very damaged and needs lots of moisture :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This product:

*smells great

*is really affordable

*is easily accessible in stores

*softens hair

*is highly recommended!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a good conditioner! It smells great and does a great job for its price. This conditioner went faster than a lot of conditioners that ive ever used. Its very smooth and it probably just as good as the name brand. It left my hair feeling very soft

on 6/12/2010 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Very good product! Smells absolutely fabulous! I've used it on and off for years and will continue to do so.

on 5/22/2010 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is a good, thicker conditioner for co-washing. I massage this into my scalp, pull this through to my ends, and let sit for the remainder of my shower. It leaves my hair soft and ready to style. Cheap, light smell, works well. I also like the container because it allows me to get out every drop. Does everything I need it to do, so I will continue to purchase and use in my rotation. Oh and I'm AA with thick, long, natural 4a hair.