July 25, 2014 | 1265 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- matte
- affordable
- makes a nice eye shadow

CONS

- sheer

COMMENTS: This isn't pigmented enough to use as a bronzer, however it works well when used as an eye shadow. I love using it as a transition shade.

Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nothing special! I have ALWAYS wanted to try this bronzer after hearing Raves,Raves,AND,Raves! About it on numerous sites AND YouTube UNFORTUNATLY NONE of my target/walgreens/CVS carried it and i DON'T have a Walmart/Rite-Aid near me :( I thought this might be a dupe for my HG bronzer HOOLA! By BeneFit :) A few days ago i went to see my Buddy in Novato (im in SF) i went to Rite-Aid to pick up some stuff their Rite-Aid is H-U-G-E and the cosmetics department is so B-I-G i almost had a panic attack when i saw this! I grabbed it as fast as i could it was O-N-L-Y $2.99 the next day i was Sooo eager to try it! I used a SMALL fluffy face brush to "BRONZE" my face i did NOT countour bcuz when i get new bronzers i want to make sure the color is nice for countouring :) The color in the pan looks EXACTLY like HOOLA! By BeneFit a MATTE warm brown with orange undertones but not TOO orange on my face it looked RED like a blush! I was a bit disappointed but for blush i thought it would work well i have to admit it looks like a natural bronzey hue :) I liked it UNTIL i looked in the Mirror 2 hours l8r the staying power is just SURREAL it had ALL faded all i could see was a reddish/pinkish hue where i had applied bronzer previously. GLADLY it was only $2.99 but overall im not TOO impressed!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by dancedarlyndance

I really wanted to like this bronzer because it was matte and appeared natural on my NC30 skin but it did break me out. I could tell because the area in which I applied the bronzer was where the annoying little headless pimples appeared! I looked up the ingredients and saw that it contained numerous comedogenic properties! If you're acne-proned like I am, I suggest you avoid this bronzer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by bettybear135

First of all, those who are complaining about the pigmentation, picking the right brush is so important. The sponge that comes with this sucks! So be sure to pick a denser brush( I use the classic angled blush brush from sigma) and it works really well<3 good luck!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I just don't understand the hype. The price is great and I love that it's matte, but it's just so sheer, and it doesn't last more than 30 minutes on me. It's also quite orange and the packaging is horrible. But, hey, for 3 dollars, give it a try. It just may work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Gigglesz123

I liked it at first but then I realized it wouldn't last . I like that it is a matte color but it doesn't show up easily . I mean it is only 3.00 but hey, you get what you paid for ! I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by lupita465

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i hate to diss this product so i won't but i will sure write about why it did not work for me. Let's start with the fact that i didn't know how to apply blush, let alone this!!! so i didn't know where my blush should go, or where my highlighter should go, or where id contour. I sucked!!!! the first time i did it, omg!!! i looked like i had fallen on the dirt, and had rubbed my face with it. Never again....UNTIL....I learn how to contour....and highlight.....however, the pigmentation is great, i didn't feel like it was chalky, it just looked funny because i didn't know how to blend it.....i give it 3 lipppies because i neither love it nor hate it. I heard a lot of great things on this....but then again, they were different shades than me (tanner)....I will try again, maybe one day i really do have the time to play with my cheap brushes. The price is great compared to ud, tarte, nars, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by nsugga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All time favorite. Always have a back up ready. Lots of product in this tiny tin. Works we'll with all skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I purchased this because of the rave reviews and am disappointed. It is chalky and its not that great. I understand the price makes it okay for that but I find WNW better and same price. I am very light and cool toned, so finding bronzers are hard. This I will not be repurchasing and will continue to look for affordable bronzers in the meantime.
Right now, and for the longest time I have been using BE Warmth, and BE Tinted Mineral Veil which work best on my skin for bronzers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I'm still terrible at working with bronzers, and it may be due to the fact that I DO NOT like looking tan, but anyway; I had the ELF bronzer/blush kit prior to purchasing the NYC Sunny bronzer, and the main reason why I hate the ELF one was because it had shimmer in it. The NYC bronzer is completely matte, so I like it a lot more. It's ridiculously cheap too; I got it for around $2 on sale at Target. I feel that it's much easier to work with than the ELF bronzer since it's more buildable and doesn't look like you slapped dirt on to your face.