October 21, 2014 | 1079 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product. I'm a fair/neutral redhead and this is just perfect for adding a bit of color and sunshine...the price point can't be beat and it's been gentle on my very acne prone/sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by ninaeaster

There is absolutely no pigmentation in this product at all! So disappointed :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

I've been annoyed and flabbergasted for the longest time because it seems impossible to find truly matte products these days. I'm not 14 years old, and I don't want to be lit up like a disco ball. That said, I was beyond excited when I saw that this bronzer is utterly matte. It's super buildable AND blend-able. The color is great for my skin tone, although others complain about the orange tone. It is (very) slightly orange, but for my skin tone (light, but with warm undertones and dark freckles), it looks perfectly natural and complimentary. I wear it on the cheeks and around the perimeter of my face (upper forehead and jawline) and lightly on the nose and chin. It can be dusted all over, or use it like you would a blush. My only complaint is its staying power, but for 2-4 dollars, you can't expect perfection. The packaging makes up for the lack of staying power. I can easily throw it in my purse and reapply in the middle of the day. For me, this is the perfect bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

Love this! Nice shade, blends nicely, looks natural. Only thing is there's no hinge between the two plates, it's just plastic, so I feel like opening it too much too often could break it. But I love this stuff! It adds a nice glow to my skin and is good for contouring.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Shizuku2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This bronzer did not work for me at all. For reference, i have light olive/warm skin (i'm half Asian),combination skin leaning towards dry. It turns orange on me immediately, and is also somewhat patchy on application. I'm sure if you're cool-toned, this would probably work. It is matte with no sparkle, so I guess that's a plus (don't find many drugstore bronzers like that).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by seaofLove87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can really understand why this is hyped up on the tube. It's a matte, affordable, easy access bronzer. Which is hard to come by in the drugstores. However, the color is too orangey for me. I'm a medium skin tone too. It goes on patchy and is kinda difficult to blend out. To get some use out of it I'll put it in my crease sometimes as a transition shade. Overall, would not repurchase and I say look for other alternatives. (My fave drugstore bronzer is Revlon's Photoready Bronzer in Bronzed & Chic)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by SummerSmiles25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After hearing so many people rave about this bronzer I went and bought it but it was a disappointment.This bronzer broke me out every time I used it and it's way too orange,I have fair asian skin with yellow undertones.Plus it doesn't last,I'm not even sure if it lasts an hour.The price is great but it's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by KittyRaeE

I am literally amazed by this product. I bought mine probably close to four years ago. I have been using that same one everyday for these last four years! I've hit pan on it but I still have a ton left!! Also I've dropped this more times than I can count and it's never broken! As for the actual product; it's a bronzer. Nothing super special about it. I like the color on my fair skin and it doesn't break me out. I would and have recommended this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- matte
- affordable
- makes a nice eye shadow

CONS

- sheer

COMMENTS: This isn't pigmented enough to use as a bronzer, however it works well when used as an eye shadow. I love using it as a transition shade.

Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nothing special! I have ALWAYS wanted to try this bronzer after hearing Raves,Raves,AND,Raves! About it on numerous sites AND YouTube UNFORTUNATLY NONE of my target/walgreens/CVS carried it and i DON'T have a Walmart/Rite-Aid near me :( I thought this might be a dupe for my HG bronzer HOOLA! By BeneFit :) A few days ago i went to see my Buddy in Novato (im in SF) i went to Rite-Aid to pick up some stuff their Rite-Aid is H-U-G-E and the cosmetics department is so B-I-G i almost had a panic attack when i saw this! I grabbed it as fast as i could it was O-N-L-Y $2.99 the next day i was Sooo eager to try it! I used a SMALL fluffy face brush to "BRONZE" my face i did NOT countour bcuz when i get new bronzers i want to make sure the color is nice for countouring :) The color in the pan looks EXACTLY like HOOLA! By BeneFit a MATTE warm brown with orange undertones but not TOO orange on my face it looked RED like a blush! I was a bit disappointed but for blush i thought it would work well i have to admit it looks like a natural bronzey hue :) I liked it UNTIL i looked in the Mirror 2 hours l8r the staying power is just SURREAL it had ALL faded all i could see was a reddish/pinkish hue where i had applied bronzer previously. GLADLY it was only $2.99 but overall im not TOO impressed!