July 25, 2014 | 1753 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by hannahcheeto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good facial sunscreen in my opinion. It goes on easily and a little goes a long way, but my only complaint is that it makes my skin rather shiny, but this is easily fixed with a little bit of powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by offo

This cream is for me one of the best sunscreens. It is used very sparingly. At first it seems very heavy on the skin, but then it sinks and is indeed very light.
As sales person said, this cream has now been discontinued. The new one is in sheer version.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by springsilver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. Usually I don't like layering on so much stuff on my face so I opt for a moisturizer with SPF in it, but this is not bad at all.

Me, I have oily-but-dehydrated-slightly-acne-prone skin to begin with. My acne problem is mainly on my chin area; and I'm pretty much oily all over, no matter what moisturizer I use. Recently I started on the doctor-prescribed tretinoin gel, and was warned that I would definitely need sun protection. So I started the tube of this stuff I got a while back.

It's slightly tinted, not enough to cover any major blemishes but enough to even my skin tone, toward the white side of the scale. Once I was picking at the blocked pores around my nose causing it to turn red and blotchy. I put on my usual moisturizer and then the city block, and the redness was gone! I think it covered a bit of it.

City block is not too sheer when you put it on, nor is it oily/heavy. On my face, I feel the stickiness after I put it on so I add a layer of loose powder. Then throughout the day I'm almost not oily at all (of course, this is always the slightly autumn weather instead of the summer heat). As for the sun blocking part, I don't usually go out and sit in the sun for a long time so I don't really know. But my face looks whiter after I put this on. Oh, and I use a makeup cleanser to remove it at night.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2007 11:06:00 PM More reviews by tinkywinkystinky

This product didn't necessarily make me break out, but I noticed after having used half of the tube I looked ashy and 10 years older. Although it made me oily maybe it was drying out my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by 993103164

this item caused me to breakout. i dont like it at all.greasy and thick.... not suitable for sensitive skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 11:21:00 AM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

I haven't used this sunscreen in a while, but when I did it looked like I had applied foundation. My skin was more paler, and I guess more even, but kind of greasy too. Don't believe Clinique's claim that Super City Block SPF 25 is "extremely lightweight" and "sheer." It's not.

There are only two good things about this sunscreen: (1) I never got a sunburn when I had this on. Even when I didn't reapply. (2) $21.50 CAD for 40 mL may seem expensive, but the tube lasts a long long time. The expiration date has passed, and I have a huge amount left.

I won't repurchase because this product is like a thick foundation, and I want something lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2007 12:25:00 PM More reviews by kate_rose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh I like this, it's like foundation and sunblock all in one go. In the summer I can just use this and L'Oreal's Touche Magique and I'm good to go. Reasonably priced for a Clinique product as well. Goes on nicely and it's the right shade for my pale skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by freespiritvalley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this sunscreen at all. It is very oily and thick to apply, hard to even out, and the color is too dark. It makes my face sweat! The only thing I like is its smell, won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by lainetm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm a generally indoor person with an office job and a moderate commute, so I don't often bother with sunscreen. However, I decided to try this based on my good previous experience with Clinique products and the reviews here. After three different uses, in different weather and circumstances, I've given up on this one. Even on a temperate day, it's too greasy, my makeup starts melting after a couple of hours. On a warm, busy day (like yesterday, running errands) it's downright gross. I'm late 40's, combination skin still subject to occasional breakouts, living in southern California. I'll use this up, but not on my face, and will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 8:19:00 AM More reviews by viverr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

ooh i hated this! it left a horrible white cast that wouldn't go away no matter how gently or carefully i applied it. it's supposed to be "tinted" so that it matches ur skin tone, but it totally didn't match mine. also, it was too moisturizing for me. it's probably better for those with dry dry skin.