Clinique Super City Block SPF 25

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 7.30%, zinc oxide 6.90% INGREDIENTS: water, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, steareth-2, aluminum stearate, silica, lecithin, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rose-mary) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) root extract, betu-la alba (birch) bark extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, laminaria saccharina extrac, saccharomyces lysate extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan tristearate, linoleic acid, polyquaternium-51, caprylyl methicone, sorbitol, sodium rna, phospholipids, peg-40 stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, phytantriol, stearic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, cellulose, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, stearyl dimethicone, ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, linolenic acid, pantethine, bisabolol, hydroxyethyl urea, ceteth-2, peg/ppg-18/8 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, steareth-20, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, propylene glycol dicaprate, sodium stearate, nylon-12, citric acid, nylon-6, hexylene glycol, xanthan gum, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)

on 2/9/2008 7:07:00 PM

I have used this for four years now, I am rarely loyal to products and compulsively try new things, but I have been so consistently happy with this product that I have stuck with it. I have combination skin with a tendency to break out and this product does not aggravate my skin, it provides effective sun protection and is relatively inexpensive for the quality of product IMO.

I use it everyday and have never noticed the tint of the product rubbing off on my clothes. It also helps my makeup last longer. The only bad thing about it is it sometimes causes my skin to feel a tad dry, but that is easily taken care of with a bit of moisturizer.

Overall, a great sunscreen and a staple for me!

on 2/5/2008 11:03:00 PM

After becoming sick of chemical sun blockers irritating my skin, I decided to try Clinique Super City Block SPF25.
This provides a slight tint, which leaves a small amount of ghosting on my skin. However, my skintone is very pale and this does the job of making my skin look more even, which works as a light foundation without looking like I'm wearing anything on my face.
This leaves my face looking slightly shiny for about 30min until it soaks in properly. This is hardly a moisturiser for my combination skin, and after wearing it a couple of days by itself, I decided to put it on after a light coating of Olay lotion. This did the trick! This method leaves me with moisturised, even-toned, sun-protected skin.

on 2/4/2008 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this for many months and I find it to be a pretty decent sunblock. It doesn't feel oily or greasy like other sunblocks, and I can put it on my skin after using moisturizers and still not feel heavey. I will definitely re-purchase :-) however I think i want to try out the spf 40 super city block first.

Got it as a sample, works relatively well. Not greasy and has a okay smell that doesn't stick to you all day. Pretty expensive though. :(

on 11/19/2007 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I tried a sample of this just to see if it was worth any hype and sadly to say, it wasn't. At least not for me. I've had better stuff from the drugstore. I was surprised it had a slight tint, because I wasn't expecting a TM. However, it wasn't enough to show on my skin, and I'm pretty pale (NC15). The worst thing about this wasn't that it was tinted, it was that it was sticky and hard to blend, felt like it took forever to settle into my skin before I could apply the rest of my mu. I expected better from Clinique, supposedly known for their skincare (?)

on 11/19/2007 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have superdefence in comb oily - oily skin. and i love it more. Supercity Block spf 25 is more greasy and it doesnt sink into the skin as much as superdefence. when i touch my face i can feel it and i hate that sticky feeling. Even though superdefence is more expensive, i'll def purchase this one as it sinks in and doesnt leave a grimy feeling.
But, supercity block is good for travel etc and it is way cheaper. Nice tube. Lasts quite long. Hygenic. But i wouldnt repurchase it.

on 11/1/2007 7:13:00 PM

I hate this stuff...it clogged my skin like crazy. I sometimes stop using a product and then later try and use it again, but not this...I am actually quite scared of putting this on my skin. It also left me very shiny.

on 10/28/2007 12:00:00 PM

This is a good facial sunscreen in my opinion. It goes on easily and a little goes a long way, but my only complaint is that it makes my skin rather shiny, but this is easily fixed with a little bit of powder.

on 10/3/2007 12:31:00 PM

This cream is for me one of the best sunscreens. It is used very sparingly. At first it seems very heavy on the skin, but then it sinks and is indeed very light.
As sales person said, this cream has now been discontinued. The new one is in sheer version.

on 9/28/2007 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this product. Usually I don't like layering on so much stuff on my face so I opt for a moisturizer with SPF in it, but this is not bad at all.

Me, I have oily-but-dehydrated-slightly-acne-prone skin to begin with. My acne problem is mainly on my chin area; and I'm pretty much oily all over, no matter what moisturizer I use. Recently I started on the doctor-prescribed tretinoin gel, and was warned that I would definitely need sun protection. So I started the tube of this stuff I got a while back.

It's slightly tinted, not enough to cover any major blemishes but enough to even my skin tone, toward the white side of the scale. Once I was picking at the blocked pores around my nose causing it to turn red and blotchy. I put on my usual moisturizer and then the city block, and the redness was gone! I think it covered a bit of it.

City block is not too sheer when you put it on, nor is it oily/heavy. On my face, I feel the stickiness after I put it on so I add a layer of loose powder. Then throughout the day I'm almost not oily at all (of course, this is always the slightly autumn weather instead of the summer heat). As for the sun blocking part, I don't usually go out and sit in the sun for a long time so I don't really know. But my face looks whiter after I put this on. Oh, and I use a makeup cleanser to remove it at night.