November 27, 2014 | 1238 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by SewaBunni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After becoming sick of chemical sun blockers irritating my skin, I decided to try Clinique Super City Block SPF25.
This provides a slight tint, which leaves a small amount of ghosting on my skin. However, my skintone is very pale and this does the job of making my skin look more even, which works as a light foundation without looking like I'm wearing anything on my face.
This leaves my face looking slightly shiny for about 30min until it soaks in properly. This is hardly a moisturiser for my combination skin, and after wearing it a couple of days by itself, I decided to put it on after a light coating of Olay lotion. This did the trick! This method leaves me with moisturised, even-toned, sun-protected skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by yunhebao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using this for many months and I find it to be a pretty decent sunblock. It doesn't feel oily or greasy like other sunblocks, and I can put it on my skin after using moisturizers and still not feel heavey. I will definitely re-purchase :-) however I think i want to try out the spf 40 super city block first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 4:55:00 AM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

Got it as a sample, works relatively well. Not greasy and has a okay smell that doesn't stick to you all day. Pretty expensive though. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this just to see if it was worth any hype and sadly to say, it wasn't. At least not for me. I've had better stuff from the drugstore. I was surprised it had a slight tint, because I wasn't expecting a TM. However, it wasn't enough to show on my skin, and I'm pretty pale (NC15). The worst thing about this wasn't that it was tinted, it was that it was sticky and hard to blend, felt like it took forever to settle into my skin before I could apply the rest of my mu. I expected better from Clinique, supposedly known for their skincare (?)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 3:59:00 AM More reviews by ellesah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have superdefence in comb oily - oily skin. and i love it more. Supercity Block spf 25 is more greasy and it doesnt sink into the skin as much as superdefence. when i touch my face i can feel it and i hate that sticky feeling. Even though superdefence is more expensive, i'll def purchase this one as it sinks in and doesnt leave a grimy feeling.
But, supercity block is good for travel etc and it is way cheaper. Nice tube. Lasts quite long. Hygenic. But i wouldnt repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

I hate this stuff...it clogged my skin like crazy. I sometimes stop using a product and then later try and use it again, but not this...I am actually quite scared of putting this on my skin. It also left me very shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by hannahcheeto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good facial sunscreen in my opinion. It goes on easily and a little goes a long way, but my only complaint is that it makes my skin rather shiny, but this is easily fixed with a little bit of powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by offo

This cream is for me one of the best sunscreens. It is used very sparingly. At first it seems very heavy on the skin, but then it sinks and is indeed very light.
As sales person said, this cream has now been discontinued. The new one is in sheer version.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by springsilver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. Usually I don't like layering on so much stuff on my face so I opt for a moisturizer with SPF in it, but this is not bad at all.

Me, I have oily-but-dehydrated-slightly-acne-prone skin to begin with. My acne problem is mainly on my chin area; and I'm pretty much oily all over, no matter what moisturizer I use. Recently I started on the doctor-prescribed tretinoin gel, and was warned that I would definitely need sun protection. So I started the tube of this stuff I got a while back.

It's slightly tinted, not enough to cover any major blemishes but enough to even my skin tone, toward the white side of the scale. Once I was picking at the blocked pores around my nose causing it to turn red and blotchy. I put on my usual moisturizer and then the city block, and the redness was gone! I think it covered a bit of it.

City block is not too sheer when you put it on, nor is it oily/heavy. On my face, I feel the stickiness after I put it on so I add a layer of loose powder. Then throughout the day I'm almost not oily at all (of course, this is always the slightly autumn weather instead of the summer heat). As for the sun blocking part, I don't usually go out and sit in the sun for a long time so I don't really know. But my face looks whiter after I put this on. Oh, and I use a makeup cleanser to remove it at night.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2007 11:06:00 PM More reviews by tinkywinkystinky

This product didn't necessarily make me break out, but I noticed after having used half of the tube I looked ashy and 10 years older. Although it made me oily maybe it was drying out my skin.