September 17, 2014 | 2018 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 3:59:00 AM More reviews by ellesah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have superdefence in comb oily - oily skin. and i love it more. Supercity Block spf 25 is more greasy and it doesnt sink into the skin as much as superdefence. when i touch my face i can feel it and i hate that sticky feeling. Even though superdefence is more expensive, i'll def purchase this one as it sinks in and doesnt leave a grimy feeling.
But, supercity block is good for travel etc and it is way cheaper. Nice tube. Lasts quite long. Hygenic. But i wouldnt repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

I hate this stuff...it clogged my skin like crazy. I sometimes stop using a product and then later try and use it again, but not this...I am actually quite scared of putting this on my skin. It also left me very shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by hannahcheeto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good facial sunscreen in my opinion. It goes on easily and a little goes a long way, but my only complaint is that it makes my skin rather shiny, but this is easily fixed with a little bit of powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by offo

This cream is for me one of the best sunscreens. It is used very sparingly. At first it seems very heavy on the skin, but then it sinks and is indeed very light.
As sales person said, this cream has now been discontinued. The new one is in sheer version.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by springsilver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. Usually I don't like layering on so much stuff on my face so I opt for a moisturizer with SPF in it, but this is not bad at all.

Me, I have oily-but-dehydrated-slightly-acne-prone skin to begin with. My acne problem is mainly on my chin area; and I'm pretty much oily all over, no matter what moisturizer I use. Recently I started on the doctor-prescribed tretinoin gel, and was warned that I would definitely need sun protection. So I started the tube of this stuff I got a while back.

It's slightly tinted, not enough to cover any major blemishes but enough to even my skin tone, toward the white side of the scale. Once I was picking at the blocked pores around my nose causing it to turn red and blotchy. I put on my usual moisturizer and then the city block, and the redness was gone! I think it covered a bit of it.

City block is not too sheer when you put it on, nor is it oily/heavy. On my face, I feel the stickiness after I put it on so I add a layer of loose powder. Then throughout the day I'm almost not oily at all (of course, this is always the slightly autumn weather instead of the summer heat). As for the sun blocking part, I don't usually go out and sit in the sun for a long time so I don't really know. But my face looks whiter after I put this on. Oh, and I use a makeup cleanser to remove it at night.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2007 11:06:00 PM More reviews by tinkywinkystinky

This product didn't necessarily make me break out, but I noticed after having used half of the tube I looked ashy and 10 years older. Although it made me oily maybe it was drying out my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by 993103164

this item caused me to breakout. i dont like it at all.greasy and thick.... not suitable for sensitive skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 11:21:00 AM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

I haven't used this sunscreen in a while, but when I did it looked like I had applied foundation. My skin was more paler, and I guess more even, but kind of greasy too. Don't believe Clinique's claim that Super City Block SPF 25 is "extremely lightweight" and "sheer." It's not.

There are only two good things about this sunscreen: (1) I never got a sunburn when I had this on. Even when I didn't reapply. (2) $21.50 CAD for 40 mL may seem expensive, but the tube lasts a long long time. The expiration date has passed, and I have a huge amount left.

I won't repurchase because this product is like a thick foundation, and I want something lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2007 12:25:00 PM More reviews by kate_rose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh I like this, it's like foundation and sunblock all in one go. In the summer I can just use this and L'Oreal's Touche Magique and I'm good to go. Reasonably priced for a Clinique product as well. Goes on nicely and it's the right shade for my pale skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by freespiritvalley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this sunscreen at all. It is very oily and thick to apply, hard to even out, and the color is too dark. It makes my face sweat! The only thing I like is its smell, won't buy again.