April 16, 2014 | 1854 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Straight

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2006 2:51:00 AM More reviews by spootoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had an on-again/off-again relationship with this product...when my hair is shorter (which it is now), it tends to make it LESS straight if I just use a blow-dryer. I have thick, coarse, semi-wavy hair which tends to rebel against most products when I use them as directed...so I improvise. I am currently in one of my "on-again" phases with Bumble and Bumble Straight, but not using it as instructed. I blow dry first, with just some Tonic sprayed on the ends, then when it is dry, I smooth on a TINY dab of Straight all over and then use a flat-iron. The result is humidity-defying smoothness. However, if I neglect to use the flat-iron, or if I try to use this product on wet hair before drying, I end up with bouncy, semi-curly pieces that look terrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2006 8:35:00 PM More reviews by deliassmith

What a great product! I have thick wavy hair that I blow dry into a smooth bob. I usually use a gel or foam but don't like the hard, sticky feeling that it gives my hair. I tried this and was really pleased with how shiny and soft it made my hair and how easy it was to style with the round brush and blow dryer. The style held well despite some rain showers which would normally wreaked havoc. Even after my workout, it looked pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2006 7:14:00 PM More reviews by kvells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My naturally wavy hair has a tendency to frizz, but this product is a miracle. Great texture and nice light hold, and no frizz at all. No complaints, I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2006 9:21:00 AM More reviews by betsyab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have fine but very curly hair, so certain products often give my hair more fly-aways then help it (basically anything with silicone). My stylist actually didn't even recommend this product for me because of that very reason. She recommended using Styling Creme--which was awful. Left my hair crunchy, dull, and just looked and felt terrible. So I decided to get this from CVS being that you can always return if you don't like it. :) I love it!! I'm used to heavy straighteners, ones that almost leave your hair with a weight and texture. This leaves your hair light, free to move, and not heavy at all. It also doesn't leave any residue feeling of any kind. I blow dry then use a flat iron, and still was left with some fly aways at my part, but they were easily controlled using a little classic hairspray. The next day my hair felt just as great, and looked just as great, I LOVE this product!! It helps my hair stay straight, shiny, and look very kempt, with NO frizz. Note: when putting this on wet hair it feels a little gluey,(don't need a ton of product) but as you blow dry it completely loses that feel and just leaves fullness.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2006 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried almost every straightening product on the market and B&B straight is the best product I've tried. It rids my hair of frizz, but still manages to keep it full and bouncy. My only complaint is when the product is almost gone it is difficult to get the last bit out of the tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2006 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Lolliebollie

I've tried a lot of straighteing products over the years and I think this is the best one. I mix it up with a little bit of B&B leave in and it makes my hair less frizzy.
I guess I still don't make enough time to get it as straight as I want (I can be very impatient!) but it does a good job.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2006 2:42:00 PM More reviews by mtack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible product! Did absolutely nothing to my hair, but made it more frizzy
and dry due to all the silicone ingredients it has. By the way, if the product
does not say " Humidity Resistant" it is not! My hairdresser adviced me to get
either Alterna Straightening Balm or WIO Strait Balm from Framesi.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2006 12:55:00 AM More reviews by bones_skin_n_harmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As the name intends, it is to make hair straight. It does a good job doing that, and making it look somewhat "piecy." However, it seems a little drying on my hair if I use it too much and sometimes greasy the day afterward (I'm lazy)! The dispenser hole is also inconvenient for me because I'm such a phobe about keeping the cap clean, but it's a dust magnet. So, great product but poor packaging!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 9:53:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have basically straight asian hair so you ask why would I need a "straight" hair product?

My stylist used a tiny amount of it to blow out my hair and it left it shiny and smooth and it now does not have any fly-aways or that tiny flip up on the ends that happens through the day.

My hair looks the best it has in years---I have been trying to revive it from color treatments....Rene Furtner Karite

I love this b/c I don't like goopy sticky products & this is great for the humid Texas Air

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

Love love love this product! I have tried every straightening product out there, and this is by far one of the best. Don't use a lot, or it will be heavy! This is very concentrated so you don't need a ton. (For reference, I have thick and wavy Asian shoulder length hair.) I combined a large-ish pea size with 2-4 pumps of Redken Smooth Down, then blowdry and flat iron with my HG flat iron (Conair Infiniti). My hair has straightened out considerably, is much healthier, and stays straight all day as it does a good job controlling frizz.