February 26, 2015 | 2020 users online

Scrubs - Aveeno - Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this. At this price point and performance, I'm a lifer. It's gentle, non-abrasive but scrubby enough that I can use this every day to keep those dead skin cells away at bay. Enough said.

EDIT: May 2012 - Will be discontinuing use. This worked for me for the longest time (last 2-3 years), but have been experiencing stinging/burning recently because skin has grown extra sensitive recently. I suspect it's the fragrance component of it. Will return to it if skin becomes more resistant in the future because it's a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by mjcavazos

A little feedback on my skin:
I suffered from "Adult" acne starting at around age 22 (I am 28 now!) I tried SOOO many different products since then and I was finally able to get it under control. Since I used so many different creams, scrubs, pills, etc. I'm not too sure as to what got my acne under control, but I want to say it was thanks to the birth control pills. However, I have been off birth control pills since like 3 years ago, and my acne didn't flare up again. One thing I did change and still do till today is how clean and germ free I keep my face (from not touching my face with dirty hands, keeping my cell phone clean, and even sleeping on a clean pillowcase). I think that's helped A LOT too. I get the occasional pimple but no big deal.
Product review:
After battling with my acne, I was left with a whole bunch of scars. I am medium/olive skin color and any scar on my skin looks 10x worse and takes FOREVER to start fading! For the past about 3 years I was searching for the one product that would get rid of my scars. I am happy to say that this product did the job and I just discovered it about 8 months ago. However, I use this product together with the rotating brush from Olay pro-x cleansing system and it worked wonders that I even got my mother and brother hooked on it. I hardly have any signs of dark spots/scars now. I clean my face every morning and every night using the scrub with the rotating brush. It sometimes drys my skin a bit but it's all comes under control with my moisturizer. There has been days when I feel my skin a bit more dry than normal, and I fix that by using the brush only in the morning and not at night (but I still use the scrub using my hands). Also, if I wear makeup, I remove it with a makeup remover towelette before using the scrub and brush. I also use Vitamin E oil over night EVERY night to help keep the dryness out.
I'm not a person to write reviews, cause I'm kind lazy when it comes to that lol...but I really hope this helps people out there that have the same problems I have!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by saujun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Will not repurchase. This product is too harsh for my skin. It is quite scratchy and dries out my skin to the point I can't rush quickly enough to put on moisturizer. Not recommended for daily use. I ended up using the rest as a foot scrub.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nice gentle scrub! I use this once or twice a week depending on how my skin feels and it gets the job done without scratching and irritating my sensitive skin.The beads are just the right size and it foams up just a tiny bit and most importantly it doesnt dry my skin out like many other scrubs tend to do. It smells very fresh and its a nice treat for my skin at the end of the day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this scrub! Not too harsh, not too light, just right for a scrub, a pleasant light scent and no residue. Leaves my skin soft and healthy looking. I prefer this one over the Fresh/smart essentials scub. I got my mom hooked on this scub too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by dk34

I love this scrub, but not as a daily scrub. I found it too harsh for my skin if I used it everyday (that's why I took 1 lippie off because the word "daily" is kind of misleading) so for me twice a week is optimal. It takes off the residual makeup after my makeup remover and leaves my skin bright and fresh. Recommended for the summer or spring because it could be too drying in the winter. Good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by valancyjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very gentle scrub -- too gentle for me. I don't see much of a difference in my skin, for good or for bad. I guess it's nice to have a scrub that I can use everyday, instead of having to think "which day did I use it? is it too soon to use it again?" with a harsher scrub. But overall I'll take the harsher (and more effective) scrub on a schedule, rather than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

My HG scrub! I love this so much! It's so much gentler than most scrubs! I've used this for over two years, and I have yet to purchase any other scrub! I use it twice a week, and it leaves my skin do bright and clean without leaving it dry. I love that it doesn't break me out, and that it is so cheap but effective!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skin context: I have combination skin and get hormonal breakouts. With my dark complexion, I also have a hard time with hyperpigmentation and scars.
LOVE this. I tried it as a cheaper replacement for Philosphy's exfoliating scrub. And I really love it - the scrubby beads aren't too harsh, but I can feel and see improved texture with use. I don't use it everyday - I alternate with non scrubby cleansers depending on what my face needs (weather, hormones, etc.), but this stays in the arsenal. Smells fresh, no film, doesn't leave my skin too tight or flaky when used moderately. I think it is also helping too fade dark spots without stressing my skin out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Asil106

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I decided to review the Aveen products I have been using for 5 weeks to do my due diligence here. I have combinations skin with an unever tone and texture which is why I need to exfoliate atleast a couple of times a week to lift the dull dirty skin off. I was using St. Ive's apricot scrub but realized it was too harsh for my skin everyday. I picked up an entire line of Aveeno products. This skin brightening face scrub is perfect for my morning face wash. It does not dry my sensitive skin out and I can use it everyday. I really love it. It is something someone can use daily and takes make-up off. I HIGH RECOMMEND it as a scrub. Good Luck!