November 24, 2014 | 2004 users online

Scrubs - Aveeno - Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this scrub! Not too harsh, not too light, just right for a scrub, a pleasant light scent and no residue. Leaves my skin soft and healthy looking. I prefer this one over the Fresh/smart essentials scub. I got my mom hooked on this scub too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by dk34

I love this scrub, but not as a daily scrub. I found it too harsh for my skin if I used it everyday (that's why I took 1 lippie off because the word "daily" is kind of misleading) so for me twice a week is optimal. It takes off the residual makeup after my makeup remover and leaves my skin bright and fresh. Recommended for the summer or spring because it could be too drying in the winter. Good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by valancyjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very gentle scrub -- too gentle for me. I don't see much of a difference in my skin, for good or for bad. I guess it's nice to have a scrub that I can use everyday, instead of having to think "which day did I use it? is it too soon to use it again?" with a harsher scrub. But overall I'll take the harsher (and more effective) scrub on a schedule, rather than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

My HG scrub! I love this so much! It's so much gentler than most scrubs! I've used this for over two years, and I have yet to purchase any other scrub! I use it twice a week, and it leaves my skin do bright and clean without leaving it dry. I love that it doesn't break me out, and that it is so cheap but effective!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skin context: I have combination skin and get hormonal breakouts. With my dark complexion, I also have a hard time with hyperpigmentation and scars.
LOVE this. I tried it as a cheaper replacement for Philosphy's exfoliating scrub. And I really love it - the scrubby beads aren't too harsh, but I can feel and see improved texture with use. I don't use it everyday - I alternate with non scrubby cleansers depending on what my face needs (weather, hormones, etc.), but this stays in the arsenal. Smells fresh, no film, doesn't leave my skin too tight or flaky when used moderately. I think it is also helping too fade dark spots without stressing my skin out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Asil106

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I decided to review the Aveen products I have been using for 5 weeks to do my due diligence here. I have combinations skin with an unever tone and texture which is why I need to exfoliate atleast a couple of times a week to lift the dull dirty skin off. I was using St. Ive's apricot scrub but realized it was too harsh for my skin everyday. I picked up an entire line of Aveeno products. This skin brightening face scrub is perfect for my morning face wash. It does not dry my sensitive skin out and I can use it everyday. I really love it. It is something someone can use daily and takes make-up off. I HIGH RECOMMEND it as a scrub. Good Luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by poikilotherm

I've used this several times and so far, I like it. I have to update if I change my mind or have any weird reactions, but I think it will grow on me more and more. The best thing I liked about it was the second time I used it, I noticed brightening and evening action.

As far as the texture of the product, it is nothing like your typical scrub. When I first got it, I actually thought I had a defective one because it feels so much like a cleanser. It doesn't really foam. There are tiny beads, which you can feel. It is extremely gentle. If you like coarse exfoliation, this isn't for you. (although, why would you like coarse exfoliation? ouch!)

This is probably the most gentle exfoliation I've used. It does make my skin just as smooth as other methods though, which I like.
I've been using it before my cleanser at night. Usually I remove makeup (wipe) and then double cleanse. However I now remove makeup, use this, and then cleanse with a foaming cleanser. It seems like it would dry me out but I use a rich moisturizer and only cleanse at night. In the AM I just splash w/ water.

Sorry this is so long. I just wanted to let people know how I use it. So far, it's going well and I recommend this scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by rebekah1764

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would not be without this scrub! I realized what a huge difference it makes in the quality of my skin once I stopped using it and my hyper pigmentation got worse. so now I absolutely 100% have to have this on hand at all times. I find it really effective at preventing and healing breakouts. I use it daily and it works great for me but for those who have skin on the drier side, this could be a little too drying for everyday use. The only downside is that the price has gone up to almost 8 bucks (at least where I live). Only on occasion can I find it marked down for around 4. Overall, the price is still fairly reasonable for the results I get with it. I don't even think I'd be tempted by higher-end scrubs because I'm so pleased with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've used a lot of cleansers and "scrubs" in the past - and I've liked them all, more or less (this includes Neutrogena Visibly Even, Olay Regenerist, St. Ives, Ahava, Dove) but I'm always on the lookout for something better or at least different. I really like this Aveeno scrub. The citrusy smell is great and the cleansing aspect is very good. But on a 1 to 10 scrubby scale (with St. Ives being 10 and a non-scrubby creamy cleanser being a 1), this is around a 3 or 4 (as are the Olay and Dove products), and I was hoping for something more scrubby (though not as harsh as St. Ives) - like a 5 or 6 on that aforementioned scale. I'll keep looking, but, for now, I'll use this every day and continue to like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by hellozainab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG daily cleanser....JUST GORGEOUS!! I'm on my second tube already. I get dark patches on my skin and overall have very patchy tones....well I used too.
My skin now is absolutely one shade with just natural redness and has gone a few shades lighter too. It's beautifully soft and clean and lovely. This is honestly the best scrub you can buy- but it may not be for everyone!! It just really REALLY works for me. :D