The Body Shop Mango Body Scrub

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/11/2008 11:50:00 AM

I bought it because it smells so delicious. I tried it between my fingers at the store n it was an okay texture. This morning when I used it in the shower completely different story! This was the oiliest scrub in the history of scrubs! It made my bathtub all slippery with oil, n I washed my arms and legs countless times n I could still feel an oily residue! Another thing that bothers me is that the scrubbing particles dissolve way too fast, i dont "feel" exfoliated. I dont know TBS's return policy, but i hope they take this back! WORST SCRUB EVER!

EDIT: ... so they wouldnt take it back because it was opened (im so used to MAC n Sepgora's return policy tht u can try it n return it, not the case @ TBS) ... so i read some of the reviews n used it as sort of a shave gel after the salt dissolves... since its so oily, i guess it helps the blade glide better.. ill use it up n then i wont buy it again, unless its on super sale (im talkin 5 for $10)

on 4/22/2008 12:45:00 PM

This product is great for exfoliating my legs. The scrub portion melts away and leaves them soooooo soft. The scent is not my favorite. But, I do think this scrub is top notch.

on 4/16/2008 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I like the cocoa version much better. The scent is wonderful...true mango. The texture is like the average salt scrub, but the scrubbies are smooth and nicely sized. Not too sharp and not too large. Does a fair job of exfoliating. What I didn't like was 1) while not as oily as some (that'd be you BBW salt scrubs), it is a bit greasy and leaves a light oily film, and 2) the scrubbies disolve too fast...before I feel the exfoliation is done. Leaves me wanting. Does make my skin smooth and the oily residue makes it nice for shaving (don't have to add anything else...but I wouldn't recommend using it AFTER shaving as it contains salt), but it just doesn't do the job as well as the many other scrubs I'm current in to.

on 12/30/2007 5:16:00 PM

I had a Passionfruit body scrub from Body Shop afews years ago and couldn't stand it, it left a greasy, oily residue after i got out of the shower and it stayed there unless I actually scratched it off. I swore I would never repurchase one, but I got the Mango one as a gift, and decided to give it a try , thinking it might be different. No such luck, it had the same oily residue. The only thing I like about this product is the smell, but I prefer my St. Ive's Body Polish over this ANY DAY .

on 9/30/2007 5:17:00 PM

I really liked the Mango smell of this product, this was the reason I bought this scrub. About the effects well... it's an ok scrub but I think it suits dry skins better than other type of skins. As I have a normal skin, I'm not really happy with it as it leaves an oily film after using it. I'm not very found of the greasy result so I think I won't buy another one.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I was initially drawn to this product by the amazing mango smell. The texture is good, it's not too gritty or oily. It did give a good scrub, although I like to apply it to dry skin first.
I have dry skin, so the residue it left behind was quite beneficial and it left my skin feeling very soft. Will repurchase.

on 5/19/2007 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

wow, looks like i'm going against the grain here but I liked this product mcuhly :P The grains were not too rough but were wtill very effective, the smell was so awesome I ate a bit.. jk :P and I liked the fact that it left my skin with a slightly oily coating bc I have quite dry skin... After I had towel dried it was just a nice moisturised feeling on my skin, I would definitely buy this again, when I tried it in the bath and washed my hair in the water, it had the most amazing shine.. I LOVE it

on 5/9/2007 4:18:00 PM

This is just a wonderfull scrub! It exfoliates really well, it leaves a film behind but that's what it supposed to do, because it's moisturizing at the same time as it is exfoliating. I really love the consistency, the smell is good and I am always baby-smooth after this one. It leaves no dead skin cells left on your skin! Def one of the best scrubs! It is just perfect along with the Mango body butter.

on 3/23/2007 4:17:00 AM

I really liked this scrub. I use it on dry skin before showering and it makes my skin really soft and smooth. I would have to point out that perhaps other reviewers should use facial scrubs on the delicate skin on their neck rather than a body scrub - also, exfoliating AFTER shaving is never a good idea as it simply aggravates skin which is already aggravated.

I love the smell of this product as well. It's a bit more abrasive than other scrubs I've used (such as the Clarins one) but I'll definitely consider repurchasing as it does a good job.

on 3/22/2007 3:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great smell, good product. Works best when used with Mango Body Butter, also from The Body Shop. I use the scrub in the shower twice a week, exfoliating in a circular motion. It is most effective when you spend about a minute on each area. After rinsing, I apply the body butter. This duo has cured my scaly winter skin!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products