November 26, 2014 | 1793 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Mango Body Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by MomColors

This product is great for exfoliating my legs. The scrub portion melts away and leaves them soooooo soft. The scent is not my favorite. But, I do think this scrub is top notch.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I like the cocoa version much better. The scent is wonderful...true mango. The texture is like the average salt scrub, but the scrubbies are smooth and nicely sized. Not too sharp and not too large. Does a fair job of exfoliating. What I didn't like was 1) while not as oily as some (that'd be you BBW salt scrubs), it is a bit greasy and leaves a light oily film, and 2) the scrubbies disolve too fast...before I feel the exfoliation is done. Leaves me wanting. Does make my skin smooth and the oily residue makes it nice for shaving (don't have to add anything else...but I wouldn't recommend using it AFTER shaving as it contains salt), but it just doesn't do the job as well as the many other scrubs I'm current in to.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by snappalicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a Passionfruit body scrub from Body Shop afews years ago and couldn't stand it, it left a greasy, oily residue after i got out of the shower and it stayed there unless I actually scratched it off. I swore I would never repurchase one, but I got the Mango one as a gift, and decided to give it a try , thinking it might be different. No such luck, it had the same oily residue. The only thing I like about this product is the smell, but I prefer my St. Ive's Body Polish over this ANY DAY .

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2007 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Amertine

I really liked the Mango smell of this product, this was the reason I bought this scrub. About the effects well... it's an ok scrub but I think it suits dry skins better than other type of skins. As I have a normal skin, I'm not really happy with it as it leaves an oily film after using it. I'm not very found of the greasy result so I think I won't buy another one.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by MissMochaBrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was initially drawn to this product by the amazing mango smell. The texture is good, it's not too gritty or oily. It did give a good scrub, although I like to apply it to dry skin first.
I have dry skin, so the residue it left behind was quite beneficial and it left my skin feeling very soft. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 6:08:00 AM More reviews by britnay_77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

wow, looks like i'm going against the grain here but I liked this product mcuhly :P The grains were not too rough but were wtill very effective, the smell was so awesome I ate a bit.. jk :P and I liked the fact that it left my skin with a slightly oily coating bc I have quite dry skin... After I had towel dried it was just a nice moisturised feeling on my skin, I would definitely buy this again, when I tried it in the bath and washed my hair in the water, it had the most amazing shine.. I LOVE it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Flummig

This is just a wonderfull scrub! It exfoliates really well, it leaves a film behind but that's what it supposed to do, because it's moisturizing at the same time as it is exfoliating. I really love the consistency, the smell is good and I am always baby-smooth after this one. It leaves no dead skin cells left on your skin! Def one of the best scrubs! It is just perfect along with the Mango body butter.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2007 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Drumstick

I really liked this scrub. I use it on dry skin before showering and it makes my skin really soft and smooth. I would have to point out that perhaps other reviewers should use facial scrubs on the delicate skin on their neck rather than a body scrub - also, exfoliating AFTER shaving is never a good idea as it simply aggravates skin which is already aggravated.

I love the smell of this product as well. It's a bit more abrasive than other scrubs I've used (such as the Clarins one) but I'll definitely consider repurchasing as it does a good job.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by doeadeer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great smell, good product. Works best when used with Mango Body Butter, also from The Body Shop. I use the scrub in the shower twice a week, exfoliating in a circular motion. It is most effective when you spend about a minute on each area. After rinsing, I apply the body butter. This duo has cured my scaly winter skin!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I havent read other reviews on this so i dont know what other people have experienced but this stuff is literally THE WORST product i have ever tried! I dont usually write such bad reviews but i would give this 0 lippies if i could. firstly its 12 in the UK, so not exactly cheap but it smelt nice enough in the store and the SA kept saying how it was LE blah blah blah and studidly i bought it. I was soooo excited getting in the bath with this. I shaved my legs, underarms and arms and then started using this. First i used it on my neck cus i was planning on using self tan later, and it always goes patchy on my neck hehe. It was nice and felt like a sugar exfoliator. so far so good. but as i rinsed it off i could feel a waxy/greasy layer left behind.yuck. i then moved onto my arms....i started rubbing it in and then i thought i was going to DIE. It BURNED. And like mad! Stung and burned me at the same time, i quickly washed it off and it continued to burn. This has never happened with any other scrub, low or high end. Ever. The stinging dies down after a few mins and i was left wondering what to do next. ok so i tried the other arm and the same thing! (i only did a bit though) I kept thinking why would a body scrub do this??maybe i was being silly and it was just a tingle? anyway i did my stomach and it was fine, as was the top of my legs. so i carried onto my lower legs and my god the stinging and burning that i had on my arms suddenly got tripled!! This time i felt like i was going to cry so i had to jump out the bath. An hour later and my legs are still stinging and i have bright red blotchy skin and my arms are horrible. The PAIN at the beginning was unbearable. Obviously this is not a good product to use after shaving. But then it still left me with a waxy horrible coating on my skin so i wouldnt ever buy it again anyway. It went straight in the bin!!