The Body Shop Mango Body Scrub

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Octyl Palmitate (Emollient), Sucrose (Depilatory Agent), Sodium Chloride (Salt) (Viscosity Modifier), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower Seed Oil) (Emollient), Silica (Absorbent), Mangifera indica (Mango Seed Oil) (Emollient), Glycine soja (Soybean Oil) (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Ricinus communis (Castor Oil) (Emollient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Prunus dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil) (Emollient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone) (Sunscreen), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Capsicum frutescens (Capsicum Extract) (Natural Additive), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amylcinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary Extract) (Natural Additive), Methyl 2-Octynoate (Fragrance Ingredient), Propylparaben (Preservative), Anisyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 77891 (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour).

love this scrub tho it smells kinda funny not at all like mangoes :P
but the texture with and salt n sugar granules is so prefect for scrubbin and yes its oily but it has written on it "for VERY dry skin" so its meant for very dry skin not normal neither dry...my skin is VERY dry these days and it mositurises it so well, i dunt even need to apply body lotions/butters after the shower...really leaves skin all soft and gently fragranced BUT use it ONLY if u have VERY dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this scrub is oily like most reviewers have mentioned. ive also tried the almond scrub and it's the same thing.. it leaves behind an oily residue instead of freshly scrubbed skin..
the smell isnt great compared to the almond which had a great smell.

I bought it because it smells so delicious. I tried it between my fingers at the store n it was an okay texture. This morning when I used it in the shower completely different story! This was the oiliest scrub in the history of scrubs! It made my bathtub all slippery with oil, n I washed my arms and legs countless times n I could still feel an oily residue! Another thing that bothers me is that the scrubbing particles dissolve way too fast, i dont "feel" exfoliated. I dont know TBS's return policy, but i hope they take this back! WORST SCRUB EVER!

EDIT: ... so they wouldnt take it back because it was opened (im so used to MAC n Sepgora's return policy tht u can try it n return it, not the case @ TBS) ... so i read some of the reviews n used it as sort of a shave gel after the salt dissolves... since its so oily, i guess it helps the blade glide better.. ill use it up n then i wont buy it again, unless its on super sale (im talkin 5 for $10)

This product is great for exfoliating my legs. The scrub portion melts away and leaves them soooooo soft. The scent is not my favorite. But, I do think this scrub is top notch.

I like the cocoa version much better. The scent is wonderful...true mango. The texture is like the average salt scrub, but the scrubbies are smooth and nicely sized. Not too sharp and not too large. Does a fair job of exfoliating. What I didn't like was 1) while not as oily as some (that'd be you BBW salt scrubs), it is a bit greasy and leaves a light oily film, and 2) the scrubbies disolve too fast...before I feel the exfoliation is done. Leaves me wanting. Does make my skin smooth and the oily residue makes it nice for shaving (don't have to add anything else...but I wouldn't recommend using it AFTER shaving as it contains salt), but it just doesn't do the job as well as the many other scrubs I'm current in to.

I had a Passionfruit body scrub from Body Shop afews years ago and couldn't stand it, it left a greasy, oily residue after i got out of the shower and it stayed there unless I actually scratched it off. I swore I would never repurchase one, but I got the Mango one as a gift, and decided to give it a try , thinking it might be different. No such luck, it had the same oily residue. The only thing I like about this product is the smell, but I prefer my St. Ive's Body Polish over this ANY DAY .

I really liked the Mango smell of this product, this was the reason I bought this scrub. About the effects well... it's an ok scrub but I think it suits dry skins better than other type of skins. As I have a normal skin, I'm not really happy with it as it leaves an oily film after using it. I'm not very found of the greasy result so I think I won't buy another one.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I was initially drawn to this product by the amazing mango smell. The texture is good, it's not too gritty or oily. It did give a good scrub, although I like to apply it to dry skin first.
I have dry skin, so the residue it left behind was quite beneficial and it left my skin feeling very soft. Will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

wow, looks like i'm going against the grain here but I liked this product mcuhly :P The grains were not too rough but were wtill very effective, the smell was so awesome I ate a bit.. jk :P and I liked the fact that it left my skin with a slightly oily coating bc I have quite dry skin... After I had towel dried it was just a nice moisturised feeling on my skin, I would definitely buy this again, when I tried it in the bath and washed my hair in the water, it had the most amazing shine.. I LOVE it

This is just a wonderfull scrub! It exfoliates really well, it leaves a film behind but that's what it supposed to do, because it's moisturizing at the same time as it is exfoliating. I really love the consistency, the smell is good and I am always baby-smooth after this one. It leaves no dead skin cells left on your skin! Def one of the best scrubs! It is just perfect along with the Mango body butter.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products