Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio (for men)

4.4

on 3/13/2009 8:27:00 PM

This has always been my absolute favorite cologne for men. When I first met my SO, I noticed he smelled really good. Fresh, clean yet slightly aquatic. I asked him what it was and imagine my delight when he told me that was the cologne he wears. He is not into wearing cologne on the regular basic, he normally doesn't even buy it for himself, his exwife actually bought this for him. It doesn't bother me one bit, I still love the scent on him and will continue to buy it for him for as long as they make it.

on 3/10/2009 7:31:00 PM

Let me start off by saying I am a very big fragrance snob. My ex used to wear this and it always used to give me a SCORCHING headache..imo this is just the epitome of "God how much cologne is that guy wearing?!"... You girls know the scents I'm talking about! Even when my ex would spray it once it was SO strong. Basically this is just a very boring, run of the mill, strong cologne, and with ALL of the thousands of scents out there I really have to wonder why anyone would buy this. So girls, If you want your guy to smell like 'cologne' get this, but if you want him to smell 'good'... look elsewhere!

on 1/26/2009 1:17:00 AM

I love this scent on guys. Since it's so popular now, I smelled it on many guys and it was always pleasant. It's not too strong or nauseating. It's a very fresh scent.

on 11/23/2008 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a fabulous scent. That being said, on the body it has a long lasting power (including clothing) but it has a LOUSY shelf life. I bought SO 100ml bottle for March 08 bday - by Nov 08 the bottle smelt like rubbing alcohol. Too expensive for 9 months use :-(. Would rebuy in a smaller bottle.

on 10/10/2008 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yes, this is a very popular scent for men, but that's because it is a great one. It smells wonderful on my hubby, as long as he doesn't bathe himself in it - I find if he overdoes it, that lightness becomes incredibly alcoholy and tart and it just doesn't dry down to anything too nice. But with a light hand on the spritzer, it is fabulous.

on 9/28/2008 1:52:00 AM

This cologne smells so good! Even if it is popular, it still always makes me notice when a guy is wearing it. Bottle and price aren't anything to fantastic, but the smell lasts a long time without fading.

on 9/18/2008 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

A lot of people seem to give Acqua di Gio lower reviews just because it's too popular. Well, I don't care if everyone else smells good, as long as MY man is wearing this and smells good, that's all I care about. I love it on him, it's very sensual in an unassuming way, without screaming it. He likes to try new scents and doesn't want another bottle of this, what a pity.
Update: I bought him another 100 mL bottle, I'm sneaky! :) I just wanted to add that as light and fresh as this cologne is, it actually has really good lasting power. He puts it on in the morning, and when he comes home from work at night after a 12 hour day, the scent is still there. Love it

on 7/9/2008 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this sexy scent, particularly on one of my favorite men. It's a very masculine musky scent, but I think even women can wear it if dabbed on lightly. I'm finding that it's become too popular now though. Guys at the clubs stink like they're drowning in it.

This and Curve for Men are the most gorgeous scents. Men are so much sexier when they have a light fragrance. Please, men... wear this.

on 3/30/2008 1:15:00 PM

Okay, I hear so many great reviews on this one and I've even heard that girls themselves will wear this! Huh? So, it's that light, eh? I mean, I never got the whole unisex scents at all! I don't want to smell like a guy and I know my guy doesn't want to smell like a girl! I get the "I miss him" thing and then you spray a pillow, your room a bit, maybe your panties...........but to wear it! I want a cologne that's raw, tough, very masculine that NO woman will want to wear! But will make us drop dead and ask, "What the hell is that smell?" It's that good! Well, I guess I'll be back to the perfume counter for plenty more sniffs.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel