April 20, 2014 | 1949 users online

Self Tanners - Neostrata - Self Tan

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by babii12987

ok im reviewing the 2 in 1. The color and texture of this is exactly like the bare esentual's self tanner. Called 'faux tan'. The main difference i see between them is bare esentuals rubs off on clothes and this doesn't. But this product does have that 'after smell.' I used it b4 i went to bed, and i woke up to go into the bathroom. My sister was in there already and as soon as i walked in she said "you smell like self tanner." Its not a disgusting smell def not a good one tho. Overall this self tanner is oooook. I still look sort of an orangey brown color but im naturally (VERY) pale, so it prob works better on ppl with darker color already. I'll keep using it for now, in hopes something fantastic will come along. I will buy it again.

Update:: ok this is the first product I've used that actually works pretty well overtime. You really don't need that much of it to look a little tanner and it lasts @ least 3 days. I actually really like it. It doesn't rub off or anything. Its def the best product i've tried so far and im gunna keep using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by tinaRUshopping

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Neostrata 2 in 1 in medium. I am pale and I no longer even bother to try to tan any longer for a myriad of reasons, which most beauty aficiandos are aware of. Well, my pale skin, MAC NC20, is not my best feature. This product from Canada went on looking/feeling like a sludgy, muddy colored, powdery feeling, strange concoction. However, after rubbing it in, I was instantly glowing a pretty golden color. The next morning I was quite a beautiful light tan color - with - NO STREAKS. Well, thats a first for me, and that is the MOST important aspect of what I have been looking for in a self tanner. This product also has a much milder smell to it than others I have tried. The end results of this tanner is what I have been looking for since my mother introduced me to self tanner 20+ years ago. The search is over. My luck of course is I can't buy it in my country! Ah thank you internet.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2007 7:33:00 PM More reviews by chloe22love

Ok- Just want to let everyone that comes here to know that there are 2 different self-tanners out there in the world: EXUVIANCE by Neostrata and apparently NEOSTRATA 2 in 1. I know this because I made the mistake of buying EXUVIANCE from my local ULTA store for $26 and it was horrible! It said the color would develop in 2-3 hrs. and nothing happened. My skin looked exaclty the same and it also made me feel sticky!!! IT WAS HORRIBLE! I just want to warn my fellow sunless tanners NOT TO BUY EXUVIANCE- its the wrong one! I wish I would of read suzanne's comment below before buying this useless product! I guess you cant buy the real NEOSTRATA in the U.S.- you must order online. I will try this next time. Just wanted to warn all the ladies that are confused about this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by suzanneheinrich

I am reviewing Neostrata 2 in 1 in Medium. This is one amazing product, for several reasons. I have tried almost every self tanner out there (from Dior to Jergens and everything in between), and the color of this is by far the most realistic on my skin. I am incredibly pale (see through!) with pink undertones, and this compliments my skin tone wonderfully. It is a reddish brown color with an almondy scent, but unlike St. Tropez, it doesn't make your face look ruddy. This product does not clog pores at all (which I find a huge problem with self tanners) or make scars/spots look any darker. BUT REMEMBER PEOPLE, THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT NEOSTRATAS! The one thats sold in the US is terrible (its called Exuviance), but the 2 in 1 is the good product! Currently, the Deep/Dark is being shipped to my house right now, I'll let you know how that goes!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by MM43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can only assume that the Neostrata self tanning mousse that I used today is not the same one that received so many great reviews here. The one I used is a mousse called Exuviance. To sum it up, it stinks! This is one of the worst smelling self tanners that I have ever used and I have used many. My husband and I were making jokes about how bad I smelled with this stuff on...yuck! In the end, the mousse went on a bit thin and watery and left me with a faint yellow looking ever-so-slight tan...if that is what you want to call it. In short, this stuff is junk.

Add: I just read the feedback here and see that this was, in fact, not their self tanner that received such glowing reviews.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2007 10:51:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My absolute HG self tanner. I have tried a lot, Get a tonne of compliments on my tan with this stuff. Easy to use and nearly impossible to mess up. The colour is completely natural, and it doesn't stink. Love it. Someone mentioned that this is discontinued, it isn't but you can only purchase in Canada.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by mariasoltsky

This sunless tanner is AMAZING!! After reading so many excellent reviews on this product, I knew I had to buy it. Granted it's on the more expensive side ($30 including shipping from Canada to the U.S.) it was well worth it! I have gotten soooo many compliments. PLUSES-smells nice, not sticky, doesn't make you look orange, after one day you'll see a difference, streak free) MINSES- not cheap, must wash hands with baking soda to get the color off the inside of your hands and by the nails (you prob don't want color there:-) SERIOUSLY, if you've been looking for an awesome sunless tanner better then all those other cheaper brands, jergens, l'oreal, neutrogena you HAVE to get this one!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2007 1:27:00 PM More reviews by megmakeups

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best self-tanner I have ever used. I took it with me on a cruise and applied it during the week and everyone complimented me on the nice suntan I was getting. The tint can be a little scary at first, especially if you are fair, but it washes off. This is why this product amazes me: The other day I applied some on my arms (only had a little left) and I was walking 10 minutes here and there in the sun to and from work. I didn't know if I had actually gotten some real color on my arms, or if I could attribute it to the self tanner. That's right ladies, I CANNOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE MYSELF. I looked at my arms and thought "hey, I got some sun these past few days!" Then it dawned on my that I had applied this. I still don't know if my tan is somewhat real or not.
Tried lancome, jergens, clinque, napoleon, island glow, sublime glow, etc, etc.
This wins.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2007 4:27:00 AM More reviews by baybeexjenn

This product is the best self-tanner! I read the reviews and I purchased it today. The effect was instant! Love the sun-kissed look on me! I read about the negatives on the stain it leaves on the bare hand. No worries! Just use baking soda and it washes off so easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ashsmash

This is an amazing self tanner! Neostrata Self Tan Deep Dark.

My skin color - light to medium, tans easily (but avoids sun).

Purchased from London Drugs. Price, on sale for $19.99 CAD.

Smells much better than most self tanners.

Goes on very even.

Gives instant color and darkens in a few hours.

Washes off without going blotchy.

Does not streak at all.

Color is a beautiful golden brown (not a red brown like some).