Neostrata Self Tan

4.5

Aqua, Dihydroxyacetone, Carpylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTa, BHT, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Popylparaben, Fragrance, Yellow 6, Red 40, Blue 1

on 4/4/2008 4:19:00 PM

I have very, very fair skin and this has been the best product for me so far. I know that it is being d/c'd but they have made a new formula "Natural Insta-Tan". I was just on the neostrata.ca website today. So no worries! Hopefully this self tanner will work just as well as the others!

on 1/30/2008 5:38:00 PM

Wow! That's all I have to say about this self tanner. IT GIVES THE MOST NATURAL COLOR EVER! No orange, no yellow, just a gorgeous golden brown. I have a medium olive skintone that's lighter in the winter months but tans really dark during spring/summer. I used the DEEP DARK version and it gave me almost the exact color I tan naturally (my natural color is a bit browner, and besides, nothing beats a true sun tan). It's the best thing you can get from a bottle. Amazing. And the color payoff is instant, which is what I love. If you let it dry 15 minutes after applying, it won't stain! I wore a white shirt and nothing rubbed off. Very easy to blend, no streaking, gorgeous natural color, dries fast, what's not to love!
The smell is sickening, however. This sweet, chemical, carmal-y scent. My mother walked in the room when I had this on, and she told me that it smelled like poop in the room. That bad. So I took off one lippy for that. But the color alone is enough to keep buying this,

on 1/25/2008 3:45:00 PM

AMAZING! I love this stuff. I got it after reading all of the reviews on here and managed to find 2 packages for only $10 each at PharmaPlus(yes im in canada) I bought both packages knowing that this stuff normally goes for $24 and after reading all of the reviews on here. So far I've used it twice and LOVE it. still has a self tanner smell, but not as bad as some can be (sorry you're never going to find a tanner that doesnt smell because they all have the same chemical in them to color your skin). This stuff isnt orange at all, and its completely streak proof because of the "bronzing" color in it when you put it on. Personally i think the bronzer in it makes me look dirty, but it doesnt matter because i put this stuff on before bed and shower it off in the morning. So far have not had a problem with it staining sheets. MUST BUY (as long as you can get it, only available in canada)

on 12/30/2007 8:06:00 PM

After reading all the reviews on here, I decided to purchase this product. Its absolutely amazing!!!! No orange, no bad smell, no 'dirty' skin', and it's very easy to apply. The bottle is a good size, and it takes very little to cover everywhere. It spreads easily, and the dark brown coloring makes it easy to see where you've applied the product. I'll never buy another self-tanner!

on 11/23/2007 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Based on the great MUA reviews I tracked down the 2 in 1 Neostrata (Canada) self-tanner and it is truly a remarkable product. The color is superb and it doesn't dry my skin out (even on my face) and it doesn't break me out. Absolutely amazing! It's unfortunate that you can't buy it in the U.S. but there are numerous Canadian online pharmacies where you can order (about $30 with shipping). It's also unfortunate that some goofy people negatively rated this product when clearly they were using the other self tanner by Exuviance (US Neostrata) which is a completely different product. The other amazing thing about this product is the unusally mild self tanner smell...barely detectable at all which is yet another reason to order this as soon as possible. Hand stains can quickly be removed with baking soda or my personal favorite...toothpaste with baking soda.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This 2 in 1 self-tanner works much better than others ive tried in the past. It actually made me look TAN and not orange or dirty. It was very easy for me to use and results are the most important part. Price is about average and make sure to order the right one online if you can only find the Exuviance where you live. Dont get me wrong getting a real tan is much better and will look much better, but if thats not an option or you need your tan in a hurry this product will work just fine.

on 9/22/2007 4:49:00 PM

ok im reviewing the 2 in 1. The color and texture of this is exactly like the bare esentual's self tanner. Called 'faux tan'. The main difference i see between them is bare esentuals rubs off on clothes and this doesn't. But this product does have that 'after smell.' I used it b4 i went to bed, and i woke up to go into the bathroom. My sister was in there already and as soon as i walked in she said "you smell like self tanner." Its not a disgusting smell def not a good one tho. Overall this self tanner is oooook. I still look sort of an orangey brown color but im naturally (VERY) pale, so it prob works better on ppl with darker color already. I'll keep using it for now, in hopes something fantastic will come along. I will buy it again.

Update:: ok this is the first product I've used that actually works pretty well overtime. You really don't need that much of it to look a little tanner and it lasts @ least 3 days. I actually really like it. It doesn't rub off or anything. Its def the best product i've tried so far and im gunna keep using it!

Neostrata 2 in 1 in medium. I am pale and I no longer even bother to try to tan any longer for a myriad of reasons, which most beauty aficiandos are aware of. Well, my pale skin, MAC NC20, is not my best feature. This product from Canada went on looking/feeling like a sludgy, muddy colored, powdery feeling, strange concoction. However, after rubbing it in, I was instantly glowing a pretty golden color. The next morning I was quite a beautiful light tan color - with - NO STREAKS. Well, thats a first for me, and that is the MOST important aspect of what I have been looking for in a self tanner. This product also has a much milder smell to it than others I have tried. The end results of this tanner is what I have been looking for since my mother introduced me to self tanner 20+ years ago. The search is over. My luck of course is I can't buy it in my country! Ah thank you internet.

on 8/25/2007 7:33:00 PM

Ok- Just want to let everyone that comes here to know that there are 2 different self-tanners out there in the world: EXUVIANCE by Neostrata and apparently NEOSTRATA 2 in 1. I know this because I made the mistake of buying EXUVIANCE from my local ULTA store for $26 and it was horrible! It said the color would develop in 2-3 hrs. and nothing happened. My skin looked exaclty the same and it also made me feel sticky!!! IT WAS HORRIBLE! I just want to warn my fellow sunless tanners NOT TO BUY EXUVIANCE- its the wrong one! I wish I would of read suzanne's comment below before buying this useless product! I guess you cant buy the real NEOSTRATA in the U.S.- you must order online. I will try this next time. Just wanted to warn all the ladies that are confused about this!

I am reviewing Neostrata 2 in 1 in Medium. This is one amazing product, for several reasons. I have tried almost every self tanner out there (from Dior to Jergens and everything in between), and the color of this is by far the most realistic on my skin. I am incredibly pale (see through!) with pink undertones, and this compliments my skin tone wonderfully. It is a reddish brown color with an almondy scent, but unlike St. Tropez, it doesn't make your face look ruddy. This product does not clog pores at all (which I find a huge problem with self tanners) or make scars/spots look any darker. BUT REMEMBER PEOPLE, THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT NEOSTRATAS! The one thats sold in the US is terrible (its called Exuviance), but the 2 in 1 is the good product! Currently, the Deep/Dark is being shipped to my house right now, I'll let you know how that goes!

Video Reviews & Tutorials