November 25, 2014 | 1894 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - 7 Day Scrub Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I got a Clinique voucher after having to return some of their other skin products that left my skin badly damaged. This is one of the things that I bought with the voucher, so to me it was essentially an experiment.

It sounded a bit like a harsh product, so I was actually surprised when it caused no damage. It did leave my skin feeling clean, if just a tad greasy. I would definitely use a cleanser afterwards. It has a strong unpleasant smell (is it petroleum?) although I don't really mind that. It's good for removing stubborn sunscreen or make-up. I would never use it everyday though. I just use it once a week, other times I alternate with a Clarisonic cleansing or DHL cleansing oil.

A word of caution... they specifically say you shouldn't use it on your lips. In fact, you should avoid exfoliating your lips altogether.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a giant TUB of this as a gift, and am sad to say that I did not love this product (nor like it very much). I can hardly stand to use it once a week, let alone seven days, as it says on the label! The granules are rough on my skin, and the creamy formula is so, so greasy.

I only put a dab on my forehead and cheeks, but I definitely have to wet my face first. Then, just trying to swipe it off with a cotton pad feels like my skin is being ripped off. So, I wash the granules off first, then take a cotton pad to remove the greasy stuff.

Result: skin is exfoliated leaving red spots in dry patches in cheeks, while other areas are shiny in a greasy sort of way.

For cleaning off make up, the greasiness does take off my Colorstay foundation, but Pond's Cold Cream is much more gentle, effective, and cheaper!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Pyretta5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this stuff. I first tried a sample of it with an online order. It's not too harsh and leaves my skin very smooth. The first sample tube lasted me a long time, and I ended up getting another one after I bought a regular size tube. I use this every other day after their mild facial soap, and only need about 3-4 pea sized amounts for my entire face. Lasts a long time, which you should take into consideration when looking at the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by syntheticaesthetics

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I, personally, am really not a fan of this product. I have one tube that I have been grudgingly working my way through, mostly because of the cost being too hefty for me to simply just throw it away. First and foremost, I don't know if it is just my tube, but the smell is atrocious. I can't quite place my finger on it. At first I couldn't believe women would pay so much to put something that smelled like that on their faces. I have oily/combination skin, and can have mild acne but not too frequently. I am a fan of facial scrubs moreso than cream or gel cleansers, but this product did not exfoliate enough for my taste to be used alone, and didn't produce the "clean" feeling I was expecting after washing my face. I use a salicylic acid scrub in the mornings now, and occasionally use this to cleanse my face at night. Because of the other scrubs I use, this method makes me more thankful that this product is relatively gentle. My face also seems much less oily with this regimen, which is why I can't say I HATE the product. But in my opinion, if you don't have painfully sensitive skin and want a quality scrub I believe you can find much better products for the money you're spending.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

I use this everyday to take off all the crap on my face.. I hate working with oils all day and this really helps to give my skin that extra cleanse.. in a gentle nudge way :p.. I love it. it's not too harsh I prefer this to a harsher scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

A perfect gentle scrub I use once or twice a week. Cannot say anything against it.
Together with the Clinique 3-Step-System it makes my skin shine and feel super soft and just right. Since I have been using this combination of products my makeup stays put all day and the skin looks great. I buy it again and again since some years already and is the only scrub I do happily repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by IdunaAesir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was told I could use this scrub every day on a dry face. I couldn't, but it was the first scrub I could use two to three times a week on a damp/wet face. It didn't make me feel like my face was being sand blasted but worked well in getting off my dry flaking skin. It didn't brake me out, didn't aggravate my eczema or rosacea.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

I'm on my 2nd tube and I love this product. I use it every other day and sometimes once a day. It depends on my mood. Since it has fine grains, I use a very light hand. I had no negative reaction when I've used it daily. I use it at night to make sure that every trace of my day makeup is off. I LOVE my makeup but I LOVE a clean face more at night.

I love the way face feels afterwards. It just feesl soft and smooth and clean! I think you all know what you can and can't tolerate. You have to use common sense as the last poster mentioned. So, like everything else, it's try and error. Luckily, Clinique will give out samples. I say get yourself a sample and see how well your face take it. Just use a light hand.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by cpc1887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this scrub. I love most Clinique products and have ALWAYS used the regular water-based "Exfoliating Scrub" by Clinique, but was advised by someone at Sephora to try this one. Well, needless to say, it's NOT oil-free (contains coconut oil) and broke me out significantly after using just a few times.

I'll being going back to the regular Exfoliating Scrub, which not only is safe on sensitive, acne-prone skin but also does a much better job at actually exfoliating. The 7-Day just feels greasy and heavy.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Shaypril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have only used this scrub once but I do like it a lot. First off, it doesnt have a strong scent and shouldnt be bothersome to smell. It feels like very fine sand when you wash your face with it. It doesnt hurt but it could be a bit too rough for very sensitive skin. As for exfoliating, it does a great job. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is that my skin doesnt feel quite as smooth as with other exfoliaters. It feels smooth, dont get me wrong, just not as smooth as many others. And lastly, its a lot to wash away and takes a while longer. Overall it is a good exfoliater tho, and I do recommend it.