January 30, 2015 | 1801 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate this foundation. They matched me to "alabaster" but it is too dark. Yes, I am officially paler than alabaster. Sheesh. But I am paler than the lightest shade in most foundations so I don't take points off for that. What I do take points for is the terrible formula. It's soooo streaky. Not buildable. Oxidizes. Emphasizes dry spots, does not cover redness. Comes in a pretty but not very functional glass bottle with no pump. I kept this in my medicine cabinet for a long time, kept taking it out and trying it again, thinking maybe I was remembering it wrong or I needed to try a different technique. Nope, it's just a horrible foundation - on my skin anyway. After the last time I tried it, I dropped it in the trash instead of returning it to my stash. I should have returned it to the counter a long time ago.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was advised to get this foundation because the sides of my cheeks and under eye area are very dry but my Tzone is extremely oily (without makeup I need to blot the tip of my nose each 30-40 minutes and my forehead and chin every one and a half hours).

The color match is good, the application is smooth and it blends very well, however, it leaves a dewy finish which I dislike specially because of my oily Tzone. This foundation doesn't control oil at all, I need to blot with the same frequency I do when I'm not wearing a foundation. The staying power is very poor, after 2 hours I need to reapply because the oils on my face has broken down the foundation; the dry areas are also in need of a touch up.

I wouldn't advise anyone with super oily skin to use this, it says is for combination to oily skin and it is supposed to control oil on oily areas and moisturize the dry ones but I don't think it does anything at all. The coverage is light and you need to apply a lot to get medium coverage specially if you have hiper pigmentation and acne scars as I do.

I don't think Clinique is a brand that suits my skin at all. This is not the first foundation I have tried from them and none have worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by vishkhoda

I went to debenhams clinique counter and I do wear foundation but less as I wear bb cream n illuminator and powder . I know my skins is combined but I wanted a foundation that covers blemish and good coverage and look natural . The counter assistant helped me to choose a shade and it looked natural and my face felt so soft it felt silky . :) I love it even thgh I purchased it today lol . Definate hg and gotto keep in makeup bag .

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by monkeynuts

Sorry to say I am disappointed by this! I was advised that this foundation was brilliant and I explained I needed good coverage etc so I bought it on a whim. Sadly, the colour petal is too pink for me! I was under-whelmed by the finishing application and I felt slick and shiny later on.

I am going to give it another try though when the weather is less warm as it's partly why my face gets oily, and will maybe mix with a paler foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by firefly93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally decided to use this because it was winter and my skin was dry, sensitive and acne prone but I get oily in my t-zone.

I like medium - high coverage because I have some hyper pigmentation from acne and around the nose area. This foundation can build to medium coverage but still need to use concealer and a stippling brush to get the heavy coverage

Pros:
-light weight and did not cause me to break out
-moisturizing if you have drier skin

Cons:
-Poor staying power/ transfers even with primer and setting powder
-Melts off the face if you're in a warmer climate
-Package is the typical glass container with no pump
-Poor oil control

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by LA89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a foundation that would match my skin tone and give me coverage as I needed to conceal everything for my cousins wedding (Wedding photos ahh). Well, that was six years ago and I am still using this amazing foundation. It is my HG foundation!!!! Does not break me out or make me a grease ball after a few hours. It covers everything perfectly, I absolutely love this product. After my morning routine of cleansing and moisturizing I apply my toofaced primer wait a few min to let it set into the skin, and apply the foundation. Goes on beautifully and smoothly. I don't even need to use primer all the time as the results are still good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by chubbymuffins835

This is very creamy and doesn't make my face breakout or anything but it doesn't really control the oil on my face but it does cover all of my blemishes and goes on smooth especially if i put primer on before and the color is nice too doesnt make me look orange. and this may sound odd but i really like the smell of it lol

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by LyndsieSundvall

Well, I did enjoy the product and I'm glad they have my skin tone (very light with yellow undertones) but I have acne prone skin and It didn't break me out, but did NOT cover my blemishes. I used my fingers, brushes, and a sponge. I was disappointed in the coverage, but It is a very moisturizing foundation for my dry skin. Plus, I don't enjoy the bottle. It's very pretty but it always gloops out and I end up with too much on my hand. Overall an okay product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by MadiMikelle

I really love the Superbalanced Makeup form Clinique! The shade 02 Fair matches my skin very well. It's a little pricy, but I think it's well worth it. Its light enough that you won't feel it on your face, but heavy enough to cover redness, acne, and freckles.

After putting on light moisteriser (basically a tiny dab of Cetaphil lotion), I use a brush to apply it, then smooth it out with my fingers. With or without moisteriser, it leaves my skin looking nearly flawless. One of my favourite qualities is that you don't get that line around your face wear the foundation ends because of how well it blends!It works well with highlighting and bronzer powders and definitely leaves your face photo-ready!

It stays on pretty well all day, but I'll admit looks a little unnatural in the sunlight. Also, the packaging is pretty annoying because of how difficult it is to get the make up out of the bottle.

Overall, I reccomend it! I love how smoothly it applies and how soft my face feels for the rest of the day, not to mention how well it covers!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Cupcake89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this makeup because shade #02 (fair), matches my skin tone better than any other Clinique foundation I have used. It goes on smooth, has a reasonable amount of coverage, and looks natural. I use some powder over top to finish with.
Previously, I was using the acne solutions foundation, but the Superbalanced makes my skin much less oily, and it does not oxidize and turn orange throughout the day.
I will definitely buy this foundation again.