Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

on 11/20/2013 11:31:00 PM

This is a really great foundation. I was going through a phase where I felt like everything looked like crap on my skin, my face looked like an oil slick after an hour or my foundation started to look weird and blotchy and flaked up. I realized the problem was that I was buying all these foundations that were for oily skin to control my oil but my skin can be dry in areas too so the oil control was drying out my skin. I'm the type of person to completely base my opinion of whether to buy a foundation or not based on the reviews of this website and when I saw it didn't have that great of a rating I reconsidered even trying it. But, I'm so glad I bought it. It looks natrual and stays on for about 8 hours. I do have to blot my oil about 2 times, but it's much better than having crappy looking makeup. Just goes to show that just because a product doesn't have great reviews doesn't mean it won't be great for you.

on 11/19/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin so I decided to try this Clinique foundation, however it unfortunately gave me small bumps on my forehead by the afternoon and I had to wash it off. I now wear LORAC - Natural Performance Foundation and it is the only foundation that does not break out my sensitive skin and looks great!

Well, this doesn't work well for me. Firstly, doesn't control oil at all. Aft 2 hours, oil from my nose start to appear. Not sure about the hydration cus I dun see any difference with my cheeks. So I don't think it does what it says. I don't like the packaging at all. No pump. I dunno how much do I need it. Gonna return it. Never going to purchase it again.

on 11/6/2013 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The shade matches beautifully, I'm in "petal". but it's a little heavy. I wish it had a pump. The smell throws me off a bit, too. It's definitely on the lower price end of higher end makeup, have to appreciate that. I feel like I could get the same thing from the drugstore, though. It does balance out the dry spots so they're not as noticeable.

on 10/15/2013 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have oily skin, but with fall starting my skins been kinda dry is places, so I decided to try the super balanced foundation. I don't know if mines old or what, but this has no staying power for me & I notice it makes me oily in places I've never been oily before. I wouldn't repurchase. If you're looking for a good Clinique foundation I recommend stay matte.

on 10/14/2013 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have really dry and sensitive skin and this is the best foundation for me. Drugstore foundations make me break out or at the very least irritate my skin. I have fair skin with a neutral/yellow undertone and their Breeze color is perfect for me. I can never find my exact shade in drugstore makeup. I am also really cheap with makeup products, but I will continue to spend the money on this one because it lasts me a long time.

on 10/12/2013 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One word, perfect! Recently I have had combination skin and my current foundations are all to moisturising so I thought I would try this am I'm glad I did! It glides over dry patches whilst also managing oil control. Can't recommend this enough so glad my mum recommend it to me. The only draw backs are the fact that it does not have a pump, you can not see how much product is left and the price but trust me it's worth it!!!

on 9/29/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have bought this product time and time again because I bought it at a time where I was trialling new foundations and had no previous experience. Now having tried a few afterwards I will definitely not be buying it again. I am prone to oily skin, but dry skin in the winter so thought it would be good to get a colour match in my local department store, they matched me to a light shade of alabaster though you would swear I have a more olive tone than a fair. I advise you do not buy this product if you are prone to oily skin, I work in high temperatures and this foundation did not sit well, it is very liquidy and within two or three hours it would streak and melt off my face revealing all my red patches and made my oily face look far worse than it was! I suppose if you had dry or normal skin this foundation wouldn't be such a problem. The bottle is simple, it can get messy as there is no pump and you don't need to apply much for coverage. I moisurise and prime before I apply and it seems to make no difference.

on 9/22/2013 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I hate this foundation. They matched me to "alabaster" but it is too dark. Yes, I am officially paler than alabaster. Sheesh. But I am paler than the lightest shade in most foundations so I don't take points off for that. What I do take points for is the terrible formula. It's soooo streaky. Not buildable. Oxidizes. Emphasizes dry spots, does not cover redness. Comes in a pretty but not very functional glass bottle with no pump. I kept this in my medicine cabinet for a long time, kept taking it out and trying it again, thinking maybe I was remembering it wrong or I needed to try a different technique. Nope, it's just a horrible foundation - on my skin anyway. After the last time I tried it, I dropped it in the trash instead of returning it to my stash. I should have returned it to the counter a long time ago.

on 9/21/2013 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was advised to get this foundation because the sides of my cheeks and under eye area are very dry but my Tzone is extremely oily (without makeup I need to blot the tip of my nose each 30-40 minutes and my forehead and chin every one and a half hours).

The color match is good, the application is smooth and it blends very well, however, it leaves a dewy finish which I dislike specially because of my oily Tzone. This foundation doesn't control oil at all, I need to blot with the same frequency I do when I'm not wearing a foundation. The staying power is very poor, after 2 hours I need to reapply because the oils on my face has broken down the foundation; the dry areas are also in need of a touch up.

I wouldn't advise anyone with super oily skin to use this, it says is for combination to oily skin and it is supposed to control oil on oily areas and moisturize the dry ones but I don't think it does anything at all. The coverage is light and you need to apply a lot to get medium coverage specially if you have hiper pigmentation and acne scars as I do.

I don't think Clinique is a brand that suits my skin at all. This is not the first foundation I have tried from them and none have worked for me.