September 1, 2014 | 1923 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Celine19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many foundations and this has become my standard. The tone the salesperson chose is perfect, it hides the reddish skin on my nose and cheeks. I wear it daily and have never broken out - the "superbalanced" part works! It feels very light, as if there isn't anything on, and people have commented on my healthy, glowing skin! Highly recommend. (I recommend using a brush for application)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by caitmarie

Good foundation, annoying bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Minou87

After testing (many!) foundations, I decided to purchase this one in #28. It is a heavier foundation, BUT it spreads and blends very easily, so you can stretch it a long way and make it as thin as you wish, or build it to the coverage you desire. Clinique's Superbalanced foundation kept my cheeks moisturized and did not add oil to my t-zone. Overall, I am very satisfied with this product and I would gladly repurchase it in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by akaginger21

I really like this foundation! It goes on easily, blends beautifully, and builds up pretty nicely. It also one of the few foundations Clinique sells that comes in a light enough shade to match my skin (I wear breeze). The only thing I don't love is that the coverage is a bit sheer. I've got rosacea and even with a color correcting primer it's tough to cover all (or even most) of the red in my cheeks. It's a good every day foundation, but I think I'm going to look for a fuller coverage foundation for special occasions/date nights.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Shadowgirl898

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For me this is exactly what I want in a foundation. I hate makeup that is thick and/or sticky feeling on my face and Superbalanced is neither. It has a pretty thin consistency that is easy to blend. I use one pump and smear it on like I would moisturizer then stipple with a makeup sponge and it comes out neither streaky or smeary. It has a light to medium coverage which is perfect for my skin but if you have a lot to cover or even out pass on this one. It gives a natural look to my skin, like I'm not really wearing anything and feels completely weightless. It is fragrance-free and does not clog my pores or make me break out.
This is my HG foundation but it gets 1 lippie off for the following:
- No SPF ( boooo)
-The packaging could use improvement. The product is easier to use with the pump (which is sold separately for $7) until you get to the bottom and then the pump squirts everywhere. I'm currently in that stage and have been cleaning up splats of makeup off my bathroom floor, sink, mirror, my robe...everywhere!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by sarahcatherine11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. Just an average foundation really. Nothing too bad or too good to say about it.

The saleswoman matched me a little bit too pale imo, not a great start. I even tried to correct her but she was adament.

Don't feel it does a great job of covering a blemish when I have one, always need a lot of concealer on top.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by boobookeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Quite skeptical of the claims of this foundation. My oily skin did not like it at all! It makes my face an oil slick within 2 hours, even when set heavily with powder. Light to medium coverage, most definitely. If you tried to build it up any higher (i.e. to match the coverage of Revlon Colorstay), it will cake, especially if you have oily skin! Clusters at the sides of my nose and feels very heavy after oil starts to build up, so much so that I feel like just taking a tissue and wiping it off. Transfers quite easily as well. I don't think it emphasizes flakes, as long as you use something like a beauty blender to dab the foundation on and not a brush to buff it in. The counter lady recommended it, but it is definitely not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by HatGirl89

Eh. This was a hot mess for me. I've tried Clinique Anti-Blemish & Pore refining solutions foundation and neither worked for me. For some reason I kept telling myself to keep trying, so I picked up this hoping it would give me light coverage and work on my oily parts but also my dryness. I bought #27 Alabaster which is supposedly the lightest shade in the UK (Clinique lady was very wrong, the lightest shade is apparently beige chiffron>:|). Right, great, so I put it on and wasn't amazingly impressed at first. The colour was far too dark but it had nice, light coverage, weightless feel and a pretty nice dewy finish. But, an hour later I was a mess. The colour that was probably two shade too dark to begin with, was now about 4 shades darker and orange. (I DO NOT get why Clinique don't seem to know that pale people exist! The lightest shade in all the foundations I previously mentioned, were also way too dark..) It had also melted away in the oily parts of my face and went very patchy. But it had also accentuated every single dry patch on my face. It also seems to of given me quite a few clogged pores. As to it's claim that it reduces fine lines, I don't see it; I'm 23 and I do have a few very fine laughter lines and this did absolutely nothing to hide them, in fact after a few hours it had sunk into them and aged me about 10 years. All in all, this was an utter disaster for me and a complete waste of money. Definitely given up on Clinique! They do great foundations for sensitive skin, but c'mon, what about us sensitive skinned pale girls?! :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by piinktiink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just started using accutane a little over a week ago and my face is already starting to experience that crazy dryness. My previous makeup which is for oily skin is not cutting it and went to look for a new makeup. The girl at ULTA had me try this. I got home and put it on it was disgusting. It didnt go on smooth and looked just aweful! I was mortified to go out. I would say if you have insanely dry skin...this is a NO GO!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think it had an almost powdery flexi-finish. Not shiny, somewhat matte and soft finish. But the texture did my skin no justice. My fine lines from dry winter skin were not noticeable but it made a couple of dents and bumps seem more pronounced. I think it even looked pore clogging. I have combination oily dry skin at the moment, with some kp. I wasn't satisfied with this foundation