Jurlique Silk Dust

4.4

Zea mays (corn starch), oryza sativa (rice) starch, silica, fragrance (parfum)*, linalool*, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, arnica montana flower extract, iris florentina (orris) root extract, calendula officinalis flower extract, bellis perennis (daisy) flower extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, prunella vulgaris (self heal) flower extract, spilanthes acmella flower extract, lauroyl lysine; glycerin, aqua (water), alcohol, cinnamyl alcohol*, citral*, eugenol*, coumarin*, geraniol*, benzyl benzoate*, citronellol* and limonene*. * From Natural Essential Oil (lavender - lavandula angustifolia and rose - rosa damascena)

on 4/24/2009 11:39:00 PM

This is a such a great, handy little product. I have very oily skin, and hate the cakey look I get from constantly touching up with makeup powder to combat shiny spots. I used to use blotting sheets, but this stuff is so much better. It's a competely translucent powder which instantly absorbs oil when you apply a tiny amount to your face - just pat it lightly onto shiny areas using the powder puff provided. I have the 'citrus' powder (also comes in chamomile rose)...normally I hated scented products but this smells soo yummy and natural! This stuff is totally invisible, gets rid of shine and doesn't affect your makeup at all. Comes in a practical and elegant, neat little compact with a mirror and lives permanently in my handbag so I never leave the house without it - one of my all time HG essentials!

on 4/19/2009 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I buy this silk dust in Rose - first, let me say that it smells delicious! I feel like I'm dusting Turkish Delight on my face! Very yummy.

I use this product as an eyeshadow primer - I dust it over my eyelids before applying eyeshadow (currently MAC paint pots), and it really helps with making the eyeshadow stay on longer and be less prone to creasing.

I'm not a huge fan of the packaging - I find the sifter quite annoying to use, and I don't use the powder-puff thing at all. Instead, I use a kabuki brush to apply it.

But overall, it's a great product, and my boyfriend always compliments me on the smell. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I am reviewing the old style silk dust in the white china pot (as pictured). I have Lavender and it is just lovely. I find this works better than the Everyday Minerals silk dust I tried (now discontinued). My t-zone gets very oily, particularly in summer. A light dusting of this with a kabuki sets my makeup nicely and keeps me matte longer than most traditional powders. I do not use this in winter months because I actually find it a little dehydrating but it is fantastic for summer. The Lavender scent in this is quite strong and does tend to linger, so if you don't like Lavender, be warned! Jurlique have repackaged the silk dusts and have added a Citrus variety to the range but I am not sure if they have been reformulated. I do prefer the look of the old packaging - there's something charming about a china pot but there's no doubt that the new packaging is more portable and practical. A highly recommended product!

on 12/23/2008 11:03:00 AM

I have this powder in citrus because I have combination skin and I am prone to breakouts. I really like it alot, I am going on my 6th powder. I think it mattifies and controls oil better than MAC blot powder (which is what I used prior to this). The smell is not overpowering, just nice. My only complaint is the sifter holes, they get clogged easily- but other than that- I love it!

on 9/16/2008 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm in love with this stuff. To be honest, when I ordered it from Saffron Rouge, I was kind of expecting to return it, because I really didn't believe it would do what it was supposed to. I've never used any form of powder that kept shine away from my complexion for more than an hour... yep, I have really oily skin. But the Jurlique citrus powder only needed to be reapplied twice in one day... that's a really small number for me! It doesn't create a flat, matte complexion. It creates a soft focus finish at first, and then later it creates a glow. Key word glow, not slick nasty shine. And this stuff smells incredible. I agree with the poster who mentioned that this stuff applies better if you use a brush. I use a long handled kabuki. As for the price, it's true I've never paid so much for a powder in my life. But just take a look at the ingredients list... it's packed with lots of organic flower and herbal extracts that, in my opinion, justify the price. Plus, it works. And the packaging is so attractive and functional - you don't get more product dispensed than you need. All in all, I'm a fan and would certainly buy again, but not for a long time. Judging by the small amount that I've gone through, it's going to take awhile to finish this container.

on 9/15/2008 2:16:00 PM

I have this powder in Citrus--it's not a strong smell, and disappears once on. I think this is great for oily to very oily skin--those who are combo or dry probably won't like it, as the reviews show. It also helps to blur my large pores, a plus. The ingredients include silicone, which is good for controlling oil. I only use it on my T-zone and it really mattifies without looking cakey (unlike MAC Blot!). I find a brush works better than the puff included to get a thinner layer. One off for the packaging--I'd prefer a pressed powder or a smaller, more portable container, less messy.

on 8/27/2008 8:31:00 AM

Hey all.
I recently bought this in citrus and gave it a go. I think it's good in terms of oil controlling but using too much of it ur skin will feel dry and uncomfortable. For me personally I compare it with EDM's silk dust I think that this is better because it's finely milled and doesn't feel grainy.

I have a detailed review on my blog. so check it out.

Initially, I didn't like this product too much when I bought it, was simply ok with it. However, now that summer has kicked my oil production into overdrive, this product is now almost a necessity to me for shine control/oil control. This powder works better than any pressed powder I have tried so far and doesn't make me itch. My t-zone stays oil free at least twice as long with just a light dusting with a powder brush and it never feels heavy. The powder gives me a nice cooling sensation when I apply it and has a sweet rose scent. The only downside to this is that it does lighten my skin a bit with application, though it doesn't actually lend a whitish cast to it unless applied heavily. Would def. repurchase again

on 6/9/2008 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this powder!! I have it in the citrus for the oil control. It does a wonderful job. I have used this for about three weeks and my skin is less oily than it was when I started. It does balance your skin out. And it's a good finishing powder.

on 5/31/2008 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS STUFF!
I purchased it last week from Natural Body Spa [downtown Chattanooga] and it's been absolutely wonderful thus far! It has a really light rosey scent, and it goes on the skin beautifully with a large powder brush. The package itself comes with a powder puff, which is fine but coverage is slightly heavier.
I apply this powder after moisturizer, and it stays put all day until you wash it off. I believe they have other scents too [womens health mag just reviewed the Citrus one] but I believe they all serve the same purpose.
Overall I would definitely recommend this product if you're willing to shell out the $36 for it. It's awesome!!

Recommended for Normal Skin