April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Facial Cleansing Bar

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by mua_freak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

not bad as a basic cleanser for normal skin. i wouldnt use it for dry skin though, its far too drying with continued use. it wears down so fast, id rather use the pump. being acne prone, it didnt do enough for my complexion. one major pro is that it will take off all your face makeup with one wash, no need to re-cleanse.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by jesshunter

I have been using this consistently for years - since it was recommended by my dermatologist when I was 13 (I'm now 36). Great soap, cleanses well, doesn't cause breakouts, and rinses completely. This does tend to "melt" easily as it is mostly glycerine. I keep it in a covered soapdish in my freezer when I am not using it, I tend to get more life out of it that way, especially in the summer. Staple in my skincare routine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great, inexpensive cleanser to have around. It has never given me any problems. It basically does its job and nothing more, nothing less.
Yes, it smells a little funny, and it isn't the prettiest bar of soap around, but it works! And for the price, it's so nice. It could be drying to those with dry skin, but using a moisturizer right after will take care of that.
Bar soap is a little inconvenient, I will admit, and sometimes the bar will just turn to mush if my soap container doesn't keep enough water out, but I think this stuff is just a bit over a dollar per bar, so it's still easy on the budget.
I'd recommend it to anyone who wants something cheap, simple, and something that works.
By the way, I have very acne prone skin, and this has never caused any flair ups!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by kitkatndan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is a great and inexpensive facial cleansing bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by productluver2011

I have bought this soap on and off for over 10 years now (as you can tell by my screen name I love to try products always!) Anyway, I have tried about every facial cleanser on the market. From, high priced clinque, origins, etc. to generic store brand ones, to infomercial ones. Yet I find myself always going back to this one. It is a very good cleanser. It leaves a nice clean feeling on your skin. Not burning and tingling, not soft and greasy, just clean! When I met my husband he still had breakouts (he suffered from bad acne as a teen) He started using this and within a week his skin looked like it did when he was a young kid. He LOVED it. I always make sure he has it on hand for himself when I am embarking on a new find! He has stuck with it though and will not try another one. All I can say is it does work, it is great and the smell is not as bad as some make it out to sound. I have tried many high end products I just did not care for the smell myself and could kick myself for purchasing in the first place. If you get it and don't like it costs less than a Venti Coffee from Starbucks so you really aren't losing out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by socialbutterfly221

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really sensitive skin and this works great for me. whenever I use this my face fresh and clean

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this. It takes off my makeup remover residue quite well, and it is so cheap. The only downfall is that it is a really soft bar. The smell isn't so bad, I quickly got over it. Definitely does not dry my combination skin either.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by classylady2627

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started using it today. Yes, initially I did notice the weird smell, but it didnt totally bother me. I have no problem w it, except that it did dry out my face about my t-zone. I always have an issue with cleaners bc of this. I just quickly moisturized my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ashleybunk

I love this soap!!

I have combo skin with random small breakouts and I am an AVID searcher of the best of the best products. I have used everything from Dermalogica to La Mer.

While I love Dermalogica's special cleansing gel, it just doesn't cut it so a friend of mine recommended this soap and I'm hooked. The smell is whatever, I don't even notice it. I store it in a plastic soap dish and I do not put it under running water. I use a little beauty scrubber sponge ($5.00 for a pack of like 20 so I toss them every month or so) and I just wet the sponge and run it across the soap and later up on my face. Cleaning and exfoliating in one! I use this bar soap only at night to remove makeup. I follow up with a scrub with salicylic acid and a nighttime moisturizer and eye cream. In the morning I use a gentle liquid cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Pinkprincess1220

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this soap, I have very dry skin so alot of face washes dry my skin out, this doesnt at all and I love the squeaky clean feeling. I dont know why so many people say it smells bad, it smells like soap should smell which is good for you because it means it doesnt have alot of fragrances that will break you out, I guess like anything else it could have some ingredents that bother people but not me and I have sensitve skin.for ance prone skin you might need something stronger because I can see how this might not be strong enough to help with that. I will be buying this again and again