October 24, 2014 | 1649 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Facial Cleansing Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ivivine123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just tried this bar a few weeks ago, turns out my mother used the same product when she was my age. I really like it! it gets your skin feeling clean and soft. It helped me keep oil down. the bar form can be alittle rough... it slips every where and is terrible for traveling... other than that no complants

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by cheapglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

ive had bad acne since middle school and this bar was my first cleanser. i look back at all my photos from then, and i saw my skin: ashy and splotchy.
first of all the bar dries on itself while resting on the dish - that shows how drying it is. but my skin got it the worst. right after washing my face, my skin felt ssoo tight! i remember going to school with chapped, ashy, rough skin.
my breakouts became even worse with this stuff. i dont remember a day when i didnt have red bumps on my face, while i was using this bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by thealmightyboots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for maybe 10 years now. A dermatologist recommended it to me for my sensitive eczema prone skin. I strayed occasionally to other products - particularly in my teens when a orangey brown bar of soap just didn't compare to all the colorful fruity smelling concoctions that my friends were using! I have combination skin, so I get quite oily around my nose and chin, but dry and flakey everywhere else. This is so simple and inexpensive, but honestly, it's the best. It cleans all oil and makeup residue from my face without being too drying. I find it to be virtually the same as the liquid version that comes in the pump pack, but the bar is just much more cost efficient. I now use st Ives apricot scrub once or twice a week, this cleansing bar every day, followed by the neutrogena moisturiser for sensitive skin. I find that this combo balances my skin perfectly, I rarely have any dry patches and hardly ever get a spot of acne. I still can't believe that something that's so cheap (and lets face it, not very glamorous) is the cornerstone of my skin care!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by mua_freak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

not bad as a basic cleanser for normal skin. i wouldnt use it for dry skin though, its far too drying with continued use. it wears down so fast, id rather use the pump. being acne prone, it didnt do enough for my complexion. one major pro is that it will take off all your face makeup with one wash, no need to re-cleanse.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by jesshunter

I have been using this consistently for years - since it was recommended by my dermatologist when I was 13 (I'm now 36). Great soap, cleanses well, doesn't cause breakouts, and rinses completely. This does tend to "melt" easily as it is mostly glycerine. I keep it in a covered soapdish in my freezer when I am not using it, I tend to get more life out of it that way, especially in the summer. Staple in my skincare routine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great, inexpensive cleanser to have around. It has never given me any problems. It basically does its job and nothing more, nothing less.
Yes, it smells a little funny, and it isn't the prettiest bar of soap around, but it works! And for the price, it's so nice. It could be drying to those with dry skin, but using a moisturizer right after will take care of that.
Bar soap is a little inconvenient, I will admit, and sometimes the bar will just turn to mush if my soap container doesn't keep enough water out, but I think this stuff is just a bit over a dollar per bar, so it's still easy on the budget.
I'd recommend it to anyone who wants something cheap, simple, and something that works.
By the way, I have very acne prone skin, and this has never caused any flair ups!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by kitkatndan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is a great and inexpensive facial cleansing bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by productluver2011

I have bought this soap on and off for over 10 years now (as you can tell by my screen name I love to try products always!) Anyway, I have tried about every facial cleanser on the market. From, high priced clinque, origins, etc. to generic store brand ones, to infomercial ones. Yet I find myself always going back to this one. It is a very good cleanser. It leaves a nice clean feeling on your skin. Not burning and tingling, not soft and greasy, just clean! When I met my husband he still had breakouts (he suffered from bad acne as a teen) He started using this and within a week his skin looked like it did when he was a young kid. He LOVED it. I always make sure he has it on hand for himself when I am embarking on a new find! He has stuck with it though and will not try another one. All I can say is it does work, it is great and the smell is not as bad as some make it out to sound. I have tried many high end products I just did not care for the smell myself and could kick myself for purchasing in the first place. If you get it and don't like it costs less than a Venti Coffee from Starbucks so you really aren't losing out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by socialbutterfly221

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really sensitive skin and this works great for me. whenever I use this my face fresh and clean

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this. It takes off my makeup remover residue quite well, and it is so cheap. The only downfall is that it is a really soft bar. The smell isn't so bad, I quickly got over it. Definitely does not dry my combination skin either.