December 19, 2014 | 1524 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Napoleon Perdis - Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Abby91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first started using this product I loved it. It made my foundation last all day and it smells really nice and needed a primer because I have combination skin and have really dry spots. Unfortunately after a while I started getting really bad breakouts and acne and didn't know why. I changed my foundation, face wash, moisturiser, pillows every two days or so but nothing was causing my breakouts to stop.
I was seeking advice from a friend about it and she said this primer caused really bad breakouts on her skin. So I've stopped using it completely and within a few days my breakouts started to clear. Its been over a month now and my skin is back to normal. If you have really oily skin I would not suggest this to you but if your skin is dry it's really great for nourishing those dry spots. It also lasts ages too. I used mine everyday for over a year and it's still not empty yet. Its a mixed review but it made my skin look so bad so I would not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by tazzyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The reason for only 3 lippies isn't because it's a bad product - I quite like it, actually. It makes my foundation last longer and makes my pores less visible. But given that Napoleon Perdis buys products from other companies and slaps his name on it, the price is quite extortionate. A cheaper alternative for Aussie girls is Face of Australia's primer, which is exactly the same thing and costs $9 rather than the $60-odd I've seen NP retail for.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 3:45:00 AM More reviews by brookechanel90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this is definitely the best primer i have used so far..

the water based, moisturizer consistency, is the best for my combination/oily skin because silicon base feels too heavy and breaks me out. also because i found out the silicon absorbs into your body and is not great for youre health.

the auto pilot seems to be a litle better as far as ingredients go. chamomile and vitamin e, love it! i would hate to put something with vinyl in it on my face, EW.

overall, great product. i would suggest it to many.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by randadanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love silicone based primers so I didn't expect much out of this product. My face is oily all over and I have always had trouble getting a foundation to stay on. I have tried other primers similar to this, like Laura Mercier & Stila. I didn't care for either. My makeup has been breaking up lately, maybe due to excess oil production as I get older? But I tried this and I LOVE it. It keeps my foundation flawless all day long. I haven't broken out from it, either. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i dont think that i would buy this again just because it was abit drying.

i would put my moisturiser under it, then this over the top then follow with my foundation. i found that my foundation went on my face weirdly, like it sat on there, didnt smooth into my pores (even though i know primer stops this from happening, t just looks weird) and mould into my face like my foundation does when i DONT use this.

it smells great though.
neither does it keep on my make up for longer. im abit dissapointed in this product.
as for breakouts, some people say that it made them break out; i am very prone to break outs but i didnt use this enough times for it to effect my skin. i only used it about three times and didnt like the product so gave up on it.i applied it with my hands, then moved onto applying it with a foundation brush. hands is better to use if youre going to put it on. it dries quickly too.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Jay_06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Broke me out and was expensive! ($55 Aus) Didnt make my makeup apply any easier (colourstay) or stay on any longer. Smells nice but who cares? Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by valantic

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best primer I,ve tried. Smashbox makes me break out, which is absurd at my age. Urban decay is good, korres is ok but not great... this is much better! My problem is foundation looks pasty and dry on me after an hour or two, but with this it looks the same hours later as when I first put it on. I haven,t noticed any smell, but I'm not sensitive to smells. I love it & will definitly buy again, but you need such a small amount it will be a while before I need to.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by madhs

One of my friends uses this product and has always told me how good it was! So went into David Jones and bought this for AUD 50. I used it with a brush and then used China Doll foundation. It did not make my make up stay, in fact, it faded off by noon and I am extremely disappointed with this product. It may work for others, but definitely doesn't do anything for me. And it also made my skin break out all over, especially my forehead and jaw line, with big red bumps. My friend who likes Auto Pilot, has dry skin and maybe it works much better with dry skin. Definitely a no no for oily skin. Would not repurchase, plus, too expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by tafgan

I tried this product probably about a year ago and it was the first primer i had tried at the time. It did make my skin smoother and deffiately made it much easier to apply my foundation however i didnt notice any extended wear altough at the time i was using the napoleon perdis stick foundation which while i LOVE the finnish and used it faithfully for nearly 4 years, didnt last at all and rubbed off so easily it was just stupid. The main point of this review however is that while i did like this primer and found it prevented my skin from beaking out and was quite moisturisng, it is an EXACT copy of the face of australia face base primer. The ingredients are identical and the products have the exact same effect and finnish so when faced with a $50-$60 pricetag or a $13-$15 price tag i deffiantely know what id be going for. Dont waste your money and get the face of australia primer instead, its great :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by giselleg10

I really liked using this primer. The first primer i used and my makeup stays on all day! BUT instead of paying $60 for a bottle - Face of Australia sell the exact same thing
(i checked the ingredients) for $10. NP just repackaged and marked up.