October 25, 2014 | 1171 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I realize the nature of this product means that it should be mostly colorless and even a bit lighter than your foundation shade. That said, to be labeled "Medium Dark," this still seems super light. However, it does help keep shine at bay a little longer and to soak up a bit of oil if I use it later in the day or need to touch up before going out at night and don't have time to redo all of my makeup. It does look a bit chalky at first because it's so light for my skintone (I'm somewhere between a medium/dark and dark with this product, I feel), but it does settle down and become less noticeable within a few minutes. This was my first time trying the product. I may give the next shade darker a chance, because the relatively minor shade issue is my only complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by liteenie

WOW..I didn't realize such a product existed! People are not lying when they say that this powder just drinks up the oilyness and the shine disappears. I just did a test: I don't feel like I'm that oily so I took a blotting paper and did one small spot on my forehead to see if I was in fact oily. Yes, I was. Then I used e.l.f.'s powder brush (great for travel because of the little plastic thing over the bristles) to pat Blot Powder over my nose and forehead. I then took a blotting paper and did another spot on my forehead and there was hardly any oil on it! That's amazing!
I'm reluctant to use the puff that comes with it because you use it to remove oil off your face but I think some will deposited onto the powder. Like I mentioned above, I use e.l.f.'s powder brush to apply. For reference, I'm NC 30..this "shade" is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by cbbr21

Ive recently bought this mac blot powder because of my VERY oily skin. Ive been very please with it in the sense that it controls my oil without applying to much product like a regular powder would. My only complain is that i've been noticing that my face is producing some breakouts where i've applied it. Nothing outrageous, but enough to think that its from this product. Has his happened to anybody else?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am anywhere between an NC15-25 at any given time and use Blot Powder in the shade Medium Dark. The powder only has 10% colour pigment or so, so it doesn't look dark on my face at all and fits my skintone well. I have golden/yellow undertones and I'm glad this powder doesn't pull pink on my skin. It has neutral tones imo. I have normal/combo skin and Blot Powder ensures I never get oily. I set my foundation with it in the morning and there's no need to touch up all day until I get back at night. I can go to a hot sweaty club and be dancing like a chimpanzee for hours and still won't look excessively oily. The oil control is excellent, however - it can be a little drying. I make sure to only apply a extremely thin layer or else my skin looks like it has powder on and will look dry/flakey. Aside from that I have no complaints. The powder itself can shatter very easily...I never carry it in my bag anymore as it always breaks if I do. I have no need to carry it around with me anyway cuz I don't even need to touch up during the day so it's no big deal. A little goes a long way so the rather steep price is justified. Oil control is a lot better than the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, but I do think the Dream Matte Powder would be better for those with drier skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by gibby23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

its sure is a good blot powder ive hit pan but its just like a watever wenever u feel like u wanna blot with it, since i have other face powder i switch up with i also use it as a setting powder sometimes but i dont tend to reach for it..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by beautyblossoms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this blotting powder; i had been looking for the perfect blot powder for ever and this just answered my prayers, its amazing in quality and love its finish however i feel it does the same thing as my maybeline matte powder i would repurchase both though but if you're not one to like to spend more money i'd go with the maybeline one

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

I've been using this powder for 9 years now (since 9th grade) and love it. I'm NC20-25 and this just disappears on me! It really controls oil and shine with just a few pats of the product. My compacts last forever, and even when I accidentally broke one, I was able to use it as a loose powder without ruining the effect. I apply this either with the puff provided or a fluffy brush, and either way it looks great. This does exactly what I need and is long wearing. It's definitely my favorite product to control shine by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by mishika8487

Wow I love this stuff. Just picked it up today and I must say, it's exactly what I wanted. Definitely removes the shine from my face AND smoothes out the texture! My makeup looks so fresh after I use this stuff. I like the packaging a lot (in that it comes with a mirror and a very sturdy sponge), but, I guess it would be nice to have a seperate place under the compact for the puff...but I typically wash the puff pretty often for compacts I carry with me anyway. So if that's my biggest complaint, I'm ok with that. Overall, I love the product! Turned out better than what I was hoping it woul be.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Rassberry88

This is the best powder!!!! I wish I would have bought this sooner!!! One application in the morning after applying my pro long wear foundation and I go all day without a touch up :) love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by bebemonte

I am very shiny and oily and this is THE BEST powder ever for minimizing the shine! I've tried a lot of powders, including pure silica powder (which is good too but I wish it came in pressed form)
The color is perfect for my NC25 complexion even though it sounds like it would be too dark.

Holy Grail all the way!