MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have repurchased this item before but i think im going to stop only because its too hard to pick up the powder w/ a normal brush and even w/ the sponge that it comes with. when i hit the pan, i have to scrape the powder up =/ other than that... i love this blod powder because it makes my oily t-zone stay matte through out the day. i would recommend clinique stay matte powder as an alternative for people who didnt like this product. i have clinique's stay matte powder and i think it does the same job but actually adds a little more coverage than the mac one

on 2/28/2011 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Got into MAC bc its my mom's fav brand. I was impressed with the outcome, kept my oil at bay, and evened out my skin tone. I bought this a couple of years ago, But bc of my butterfingers, I've dropped 2 MAC compacts twice, and for 28 CDN its a shame I wasted product, the powder shattered everywhere. I would buy again if I don't find anything cheaper. I tried to only use it for special occassions, bc I was happy that I stayed oil free through a whole evening. I've tried matte fx whcih didn't do a thing, maybelline dream matte powder which was ok, and I'm currently trying hard candy's welcome matte powder.

on 2/10/2011 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was so excited to finally be able to get *the* Blot Powder that seemed like almost every girl's HG. The Medium-Dark shade is a good match for my NC30 skin, and it didn't break me out. And I look great when I first put it on.

But you know what, the oil control is crap. I can better results with powders like Revlon ColorStay, and even drugstore brands like Rimmel StayMatte and Maybelline ClearSmooth. I only bring this around when I want to look fancy around other people, because, yeah, there's still something to be said about busting out a MAC item. (just being honest) I wish there were some way I could pop out the pan and insert one of my own better powders. :P

on 2/6/2011 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I realize the nature of this product means that it should be mostly colorless and even a bit lighter than your foundation shade. That said, to be labeled "Medium Dark," this still seems super light. However, it does help keep shine at bay a little longer and to soak up a bit of oil if I use it later in the day or need to touch up before going out at night and don't have time to redo all of my makeup. It does look a bit chalky at first because it's so light for my skintone (I'm somewhere between a medium/dark and dark with this product, I feel), but it does settle down and become less noticeable within a few minutes. This was my first time trying the product. I may give the next shade darker a chance, because the relatively minor shade issue is my only complaint.

on 1/27/2011 6:09:00 PM

WOW..I didn't realize such a product existed! People are not lying when they say that this powder just drinks up the oilyness and the shine disappears. I just did a test: I don't feel like I'm that oily so I took a blotting paper and did one small spot on my forehead to see if I was in fact oily. Yes, I was. Then I used e.l.f.'s powder brush (great for travel because of the little plastic thing over the bristles) to pat Blot Powder over my nose and forehead. I then took a blotting paper and did another spot on my forehead and there was hardly any oil on it! That's amazing!
I'm reluctant to use the puff that comes with it because you use it to remove oil off your face but I think some will deposited onto the powder. Like I mentioned above, I use e.l.f.'s powder brush to apply. For reference, I'm NC 30..this "shade" is perfect.

on 1/25/2011 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ive recently bought this mac blot powder because of my VERY oily skin. Ive been very please with it in the sense that it controls my oil without applying to much product like a regular powder would. My only complain is that i've been noticing that my face is producing some breakouts where i've applied it. Nothing outrageous, but enough to think that its from this product. Has his happened to anybody else?

on 1/13/2011 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I am anywhere between an NC15-25 at any given time and use Blot Powder in the shade Medium Dark. The powder only has 10% colour pigment or so, so it doesn't look dark on my face at all and fits my skintone well. I have golden/yellow undertones and I'm glad this powder doesn't pull pink on my skin. It has neutral tones imo. I have normal/combo skin and Blot Powder ensures I never get oily. I set my foundation with it in the morning and there's no need to touch up all day until I get back at night. I can go to a hot sweaty club and be dancing like a chimpanzee for hours and still won't look excessively oily. The oil control is excellent, however - it can be a little drying. I make sure to only apply a extremely thin layer or else my skin looks like it has powder on and will look dry/flakey. Aside from that I have no complaints. The powder itself can shatter very easily...I never carry it in my bag anymore as it always breaks if I do. I have no need to carry it around with me anyway cuz I don't even need to touch up during the day so it's no big deal. A little goes a long way so the rather steep price is justified. Oil control is a lot better than the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, but I do think the Dream Matte Powder would be better for those with drier skin.

on 1/11/2011 7:43:00 PM

its sure is a good blot powder ive hit pan but its just like a watever wenever u feel like u wanna blot with it, since i have other face powder i switch up with i also use it as a setting powder sometimes but i dont tend to reach for it..

i love this blotting powder; i had been looking for the perfect blot powder for ever and this just answered my prayers, its amazing in quality and love its finish however i feel it does the same thing as my maybeline matte powder i would repurchase both though but if you're not one to like to spend more money i'd go with the maybeline one

on 12/23/2010 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this powder for 9 years now (since 9th grade) and love it. I'm NC20-25 and this just disappears on me! It really controls oil and shine with just a few pats of the product. My compacts last forever, and even when I accidentally broke one, I was able to use it as a loose powder without ruining the effect. I apply this either with the puff provided or a fluffy brush, and either way it looks great. This does exactly what I need and is long wearing. It's definitely my favorite product to control shine by far.