October 1, 2014 | 933 users online

Concealers - Cinema Secrets - Foundation/concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by msmoose18

You have to try this makeup. I honestly hated it at first. It wouldn't blend, looked grayish on my skin but then I read somewhere that you should use a damp sponge to apply it and I LOVE IT. I have acne prone skin, scarring, pigmentation... the works :/. This foundation is amazing. It covers everything and makes you still look natural. I have really oily skin and it lasts all day when i set it with MAC Blot Powder. The consistency is creamy so I could also see it working with dry skin. My only complaint is sometimes it looks yellow. But I having this pallete makes it easy to adjust because you can blend the colors. It's pretty cheap to compared to other brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by kims3142

I have very oily, but dehydrated skin that needs a lot of coverage because of acne scarring & chemical burns I gave myself with peels.

This stuff is AMAZING. I can pile the crap out of it & set it with Ben Nye Banana setting powder & I look like I have skin like Keira Knightly, creamy clean skin.

It can be layered and you can cover just about any kind of discoloration whether it is red, brown or just uneven skin tone. But it is not heavy. I tried this with a sable foundation brush, a synthetic brush and high quality make up sponges (not the cheap kind from CVS, you have to get the good ones from Shiseido or Alcone, they are worth it) and it is best applied flawlessly when combined first by applying it with a brush and buffing it out or blending with a good sponge afterwards.

I always apply a loose powder on top of this, I apply a lot because this foundation is very creamy then buff out the excess with a powder brush.

I bought this in the palette form because I wasn't sure of the color, but because I tan a lot in the summer I am able to use 4 out of the 5 colors. I have KIT#3 and most time of the year I use #302-65A which is about C35 or NC35. I am East Asian with a lot of olive & yellow so even the NCs are not yellow enough for me, but this matches my neck perfectly. You know what I mean, the skin on your face has to match the foundation you are using, but many of us have a slightly different tone in our chest & neck & that is a BAD look when your face looks as if someone superimposed it on your neck.

I recommend buying the kits rather than the singles so you can blend. I bought this 2 years ago & I still have more than 1/2 left. I don't us it everyday, but always when I need a little extra help. I also use it to change the "yellowness" and correct the tone of my other foundations. Very useful for $22.

THe staying power is good to excellent, but nothing like Colorstay, but the finish is much better.

I have not broken out from this at all & the creamy consistency is very nice to blend when my skin is really dehydrated. Does not make you oilier as long as you set it with powder.

This is better than RCMA or Graftobian if you are looking into the pro lines. RCMA is hard to layer because of the texture & I don't think it has much pigment as CS. Graftobian is too "slick" and doesn't stay on me, but the colors are just as good as CS and blends well, but not much staying power for me.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by eveangel6

I bought this after reading all the rave reviews, but sadly it did not work for me. I used it as an undereye concealer. While it did cover the darkness well, it caked up on me after just a few hours. I really like the consistency and coverage of it, but it just doesn't work for me =(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by OliviaImage

I love this foundation palette!
I am a professional makeup artist and often at bridal parties, photoshoots this is the one palette I must have in my kit even if I don't bring anything else.

Great concealing and as a foundation. This product can also be thinned down with a silicone based moisturizer and become a tinted moisturizer or a thinner foundation. It's easy to apply too much with this product so I would recommend having a

Clients always tell me how wonderful the longevity of this product is. I would do a bride early in the morning of 10am and she would tell me it would last beautifully ontop of oily skin even til 3am before she heads to bed.

This product was made for the stage and to last under performance, perspiration under hot lights and body heat with great coverage.

This has covered mild vitiligo, acne scars, excessive redness and so much more for me.

Here are some before/after pictures with CS foundation:

Before:

After:

Another after:

11 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by asilveira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Cinema Secrets for 5 years now and I LOVE it!! I feel like I am deceiving everyone because without it I look like a totally different person!! It really is a second skin!! The only thing I have ever had a problem with is getting the color to match perfectly, I always have to blend with a bronzer or blush. I feel either a tad too orange or yellow but I just can't get over the coverage which is why I spend at least a half hour in front of the mirror blending.. I've ordered a sample of RCMA which is said to give better coverage and more natural colors.... which I will have to see to believe!! I'll be sure to write a review once I try!

If you are looking for a heavy foundation and have not tried this, I suggest you do!!! It really is awesome if you have the time to apply!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by AlitttleLovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

where can i find this product. would i be able to find it in drug stores?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 8:05:00 AM More reviews by catclaws

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best concealers I've tried so far. A little goes a long way so I'm glad I get my money's worth. You have to set this (like any other concealer) with powder or else your eyeliner will smudge by the end of the day. But then again, maybe I'm not using a good enough eyeliner! Touch-ups are a breeze as you only have to dab a bit over your problem areas for a couple of minutes then you're out the door. Will repurchase unless of course I find a better concealer, but I'm not looking for any other concealer as of the moment so, yay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Honeywell66

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I want a polished look without looking cakey or gross, this is my go-to. I didn't believe it at first, because it seems so thick. But I use the moisture spray to thin it out until it is more sheer and dab lightly with my beauty blender for nice, even coverage. I usually use a tinted moisturizer, but for those times when I want to look *perfect,* this really does the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by melimited

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the concealer palette for awhile now. palette 3 for asian skin. i'm around 35nc mac and the middle shade of the palette ( 303-66A) matches me perfectly. really easy to apply, doesn't stay on very long though...but then again nothing stays on my face after 4 hours lol. but covers great! easy to blend...wayyyy easier than the studio concealer from mac (which made my dry skin even more obvious!). I'm waiting for my shade to be in stock so i can buy the foundation yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by bgraceg

I got this on the basis of some of the reviews here -- having been on a foundation search for years, trying the high end dept store brands (chanel lancome, shiseido, some french brands, and many drugstore brands.

Not only do I love the way I look after I apply this (over my primer, using the moisture spray recommended), but also after just a few days my blotchy skin looks much clearer and calmer.

I live 2 hours from the Burbank store so I just ordered a few pots online, from the camera ready site someone here had mentioned -- great online retailer -- they had my stuff to me in two days.

I am fair (medium fair), with a lot of pink in my skin, blonde hair. I have to say the colors online are very deceptive so be careful.

I ordered 516, 509, and 404. Turned out the 509 was almost perfect, but the others way too deep, seemed more appropriate for a deep olive skin tone or light skinned black skin. That's how misleading the colors were online.

Currently I have a primer I like (Sally Hansen, the Carmindy healthy stuff..pretty great stuff for drug store), not their brand, but I will get theirs when I run out mine.

I also got the oxygen moisture , sample size, and I dont know if that is contributing to my skin looking so much clearer, but I am continuing this regimen and will update since I'm so new to this.

I am really anxious to go to their store next time I'm in LA
I apply the spray to the applicator and dip it in the pot, and it goes on so smoothly -- what is hard to fathom is how something with this much coverage and pigment can look so natural and non cakey!

If youre a person with stuff to cover -- blotches, discolorations or broken blood vessels - you'll really like this -- be sure to get the moisture spray too. And its so affordable compared to the department store brands
with vastly better quality.

also forgot to mention -- big selling point for me - NO parabens in the formula..l.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No