Cinema Secrets Foundation/concealer

4.3

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Carnauba, Candelilla Wax, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Aloe, Bisabolol, Fragrance, Tocopherol, BHT and Ascorbyl Palmitate and Citric Acid 8 Glyceryl Stearate 8 Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide. May contain: Ultramarine Blue, DC Red 36, DC Red 7, Calcium Lake, FD&C Yellow 5, Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue 2.

on 11/24/2010 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've searched high and low for concealers to conceal my acne scarring. I've almost tried every brand that I could get my hands on in hong kong and nothing works. Out here in hong kong, they have very limited brand color selection and have been very upset about it. For reference, I wear MAC-NC40, MUFE - #155, Bobbi Brown - #4.5 (Warm Natural) and currently, I found out that in CS, I'm #305-72 (medium yellow golden beige). Also, I'm very prone to breakouts. This foundation/concealer glides on my skin like silk and the coverage shocked me. It really covers every single hyper-pigmentation on my face. I was speechless. So far it hasn't break me out. I will definitely purchase this again and again. Love it!

on 9/28/2010 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

You have to try this makeup. I honestly hated it at first. It wouldn't blend, looked grayish on my skin but then I read somewhere that you should use a damp sponge to apply it and I LOVE IT. I have acne prone skin, scarring, pigmentation... the works :/. This foundation is amazing. It covers everything and makes you still look natural. I have really oily skin and it lasts all day when i set it with MAC Blot Powder. The consistency is creamy so I could also see it working with dry skin. My only complaint is sometimes it looks yellow. But I having this pallete makes it easy to adjust because you can blend the colors. It's pretty cheap to compared to other brands.

on 9/19/2010 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have very oily, but dehydrated skin that needs a lot of coverage because of acne scarring & chemical burns I gave myself with peels.

This stuff is AMAZING. I can pile the crap out of it & set it with Ben Nye Banana setting powder & I look like I have skin like Keira Knightly, creamy clean skin.

It can be layered and you can cover just about any kind of discoloration whether it is red, brown or just uneven skin tone. But it is not heavy. I tried this with a sable foundation brush, a synthetic brush and high quality make up sponges (not the cheap kind from CVS, you have to get the good ones from Shiseido or Alcone, they are worth it) and it is best applied flawlessly when combined first by applying it with a brush and buffing it out or blending with a good sponge afterwards.

I always apply a loose powder on top of this, I apply a lot because this foundation is very creamy then buff out the excess with a powder brush.

I bought this in the palette form because I wasn't sure of the color, but because I tan a lot in the summer I am able to use 4 out of the 5 colors. I have KIT#3 and most time of the year I use #302-65A which is about C35 or NC35. I am East Asian with a lot of olive & yellow so even the NCs are not yellow enough for me, but this matches my neck perfectly. You know what I mean, the skin on your face has to match the foundation you are using, but many of us have a slightly different tone in our chest & neck & that is a BAD look when your face looks as if someone superimposed it on your neck.

I recommend buying the kits rather than the singles so you can blend. I bought this 2 years ago & I still have more than 1/2 left. I don't us it everyday, but always when I need a little extra help. I also use it to change the "yellowness" and correct the tone of my other foundations. Very useful for $22.

THe staying power is good to excellent, but nothing like Colorstay, but the finish is much better.

I have not broken out from this at all & the creamy consistency is very nice to blend when my skin is really dehydrated. Does not make you oilier as long as you set it with powder.

This is better than RCMA or Graftobian if you are looking into the pro lines. RCMA is hard to layer because of the texture & I don't think it has much pigment as CS. Graftobian is too "slick" and doesn't stay on me, but the colors are just as good as CS and blends well, but not much staying power for me.

on 9/16/2010 11:58:00 PM

I bought this after reading all the rave reviews, but sadly it did not work for me. I used it as an undereye concealer. While it did cover the darkness well, it caked up on me after just a few hours. I really like the consistency and coverage of it, but it just doesn't work for me =(

on 8/19/2010 1:40:00 PM

I love this foundation palette!
I am a professional makeup artist and often at bridal parties, photoshoots this is the one palette I must have in my kit even if I don't bring anything else.

Great concealing and as a foundation. This product can also be thinned down with a silicone based moisturizer and become a tinted moisturizer or a thinner foundation. It's easy to apply too much with this product so I would recommend having a

Clients always tell me how wonderful the longevity of this product is. I would do a bride early in the morning of 10am and she would tell me it would last beautifully ontop of oily skin even til 3am before she heads to bed.

This product was made for the stage and to last under performance, perspiration under hot lights and body heat with great coverage.

This has covered mild vitiligo, acne scars, excessive redness and so much more for me.

Here are some before/after pictures with CS foundation:

Before:

After:

Another after:

on 5/25/2010 5:42:00 PM

I have been using Cinema Secrets for 5 years now and I LOVE it!! I feel like I am deceiving everyone because without it I look like a totally different person!! It really is a second skin!! The only thing I have ever had a problem with is getting the color to match perfectly, I always have to blend with a bronzer or blush. I feel either a tad too orange or yellow but I just can't get over the coverage which is why I spend at least a half hour in front of the mirror blending.. I've ordered a sample of RCMA which is said to give better coverage and more natural colors.... which I will have to see to believe!! I'll be sure to write a review once I try!

If you are looking for a heavy foundation and have not tried this, I suggest you do!!! It really is awesome if you have the time to apply!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

where can i find this product. would i be able to find it in drug stores?

on 5/6/2010 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

One of the best concealers I've tried so far. A little goes a long way so I'm glad I get my money's worth. You have to set this (like any other concealer) with powder or else your eyeliner will smudge by the end of the day. But then again, maybe I'm not using a good enough eyeliner! Touch-ups are a breeze as you only have to dab a bit over your problem areas for a couple of minutes then you're out the door. Will repurchase unless of course I find a better concealer, but I'm not looking for any other concealer as of the moment so, yay.

on 2/21/2010 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

When I want a polished look without looking cakey or gross, this is my go-to. I didn't believe it at first, because it seems so thick. But I use the moisture spray to thin it out until it is more sheer and dab lightly with my beauty blender for nice, even coverage. I usually use a tinted moisturizer, but for those times when I want to look *perfect,* this really does the trick.

on 1/28/2010 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I've been using the concealer palette for awhile now. palette 3 for asian skin. i'm around 35nc mac and the middle shade of the palette ( 303-66A) matches me perfectly. really easy to apply, doesn't stay on very long though...but then again nothing stays on my face after 4 hours lol. but covers great! easy to blend...wayyyy easier than the studio concealer from mac (which made my dry skin even more obvious!). I'm waiting for my shade to be in stock so i can buy the foundation yay!

Top Rated Cinema Secrets Products