April 19, 2014 | 1361 users online

Liquid - Merle Norman - Luxiva Lasting Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by yadi8186

I was looking for a new foundation with good coverage for summer and based on the MA reviews I went out to buy Luxiva, thankfully the sales girl gave me a sample before buying the real bottle. I have to say I didn't like it at all. It settles into pores and it has very light coverage, nothing for a 8 to 5 job. the only good thing about it was the lasting power. Other than that I'm glad I didn't buy. honestly there are better makeups out there for the same price.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this yesterday and was really excited to try it this morning. Once I put it on and it set I was really happy with it. It was incredibly matte and the color was good. My face actually felt kind of dry though, which is unusual because I have extremely oily skin. After about an hour I looked in the mirror and realized that I looked like I aged about 15 years! It settled into every single line that I didn't even know existed on my face. It clung to every dry flaky piece of skin. Overall I just looked old and worn out. I'm really disappointed because it does have AMAZING staying power, unlike any other foundation I've tried. The problem is that I don't want it staying on face because it looks so bad on me!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ljamison

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this product for a few years. It glides on like the most lightweight lotion and then after about 10 seconds changes texture. It dries and sets in place. It is definitely long lasting. Some cleansers didn't really take it off. I had to use a stronger cleanser (Merle Norman Skin Refining Cleanser). Between this product and the cleanser it dried my face. This product also settled into pores as you could see in a magnification mirror. I have changed to Clinique Even Better foundation, it has great staying power and doesn't settle into the pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by lrlholtmeyer

FINALLY! I never would have given MN a thought until I saw the reviews here...and I am not disappointed. I have been searching for over a year for a foundation (mineral or liquid) that would stay on my oily face all day (EL Double Matte, KMS minerals, Revlon CS etc.) and they all looked horrible after a couple of hours or made my face break out! After finding MN my search officially ends. Really controls the oil, stays all day, doesn't irritate my face. I use a little Luxiva PP over it and it looks flawless. I'm a Merle girl now!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by camijlaurel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ughh!!! This felt like a mask on my face, and I could not get it off until I had washed my face three times and looked like a tomato afterwards!! Stay away--this stuff is garbage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by tequierosparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Greatest. foundation.EVER.

I don't know how else to say it! I have pretty oily, VERY acne prone skin. The frequency of my breakouts has not changed since I started using this for my wedding (in '09). I am in love with this. I used to use Mary Kay foundation, but this is SOOOOOO much more light feeling!!! I barely feel it, whereas with MK it could get a bit heavy feeling later on.

It lasts SO long. You really don't need to use much, i use maybe 1/4-1/2 a pea size??? Depends on my skin at the time. and I use either a flat top kabuki or a wet makeup sponge to stipple and blend it.

Buy this product!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: been using for 2 years, I will never change. It gives amazing full coverage but if you want less full coverage i mix it w a bit of moisturizer. looks amazing, matte, not cakey unless you put on too much which as i say you dont need to do, awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 6:53:00 AM More reviews by SilkTempest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I need a foundation with endurance - I don't have the time or the patience for touch-ups. Previously I was using Chanel, and it would easily smudge off before the end of my day. While Merle Norman isn't a jazzy glamorous brand, they know their skin products and Lasting Foundation is named that way for a reason. Let's just put it this way: I run 5 miles in this foundation and it still doesn't come off. On a side note, be sure to purchase a good makeup remover.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Deana7269

I was compelled to write a review of this product. I have tried several foundations in the past few months from MAC, Shu, Estee, Color Science and many more. Although some delivered great coverage, they did oxidize and turned oily very quick. My cousin told me to try M. Norman. It was by far the best purchase I have made. This foundation provided super coverage yet does not feel thick and mask like. As for the oil.. it stayed at bay for 10 hours... and it probably could have lasted longer if I didn't have to wash my face and go to bed. Run don't walk to M. Norman. It may seem old lady like and not as trendy as other lines but it delivers the goods better than them all !

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by jena10607

I went into my local Merle Norman store and the SA was soooo nice and helpful. I told her I was looking for a foundation that stays on my face and doesn't come off on my clothes or cellphone(it's gross seeing my makeup on my phone) and she gave me this foundation. It's a little on the exspensive side so I won't use this on a daily basis. It feels very light, goes on nice and I don't need powder. I actually stayed oil free for most of the day, and I get very oily. I thought I was going to have to give up on liquid foundations because of how oily I get. I'm glad I gave this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 More reviews by karakel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I live in Alabama - which averages about 65% percent humidity in the summer - nothing stays on. Makeup always felt like it melted down my fact but this doesn't. I playfully call it my mortar makeup. It lasts all day; stays on until you take it off; doesn't smudge on clothing or leave smudges on anything that you've touched after you touch your face. The only thing is that it sets in about 60 seconds so you've got to get it where you want it and do it quick. The coverage is awesome, too. And, like with all MN products it lasts forever...