December 22, 2014 | 1645 users online

Fragrances - Nina Ricci - Nina (New)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Tamahawk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love, love, LOVE this perfume. It embodies every scent I adore- fruity, a touch of floral (but not much), vanilla which gives it a slight cotton candy smell, and cedar. This is my HG #2... My HG #1 is Diptyque Tam Dao.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by marykitsos

I just LOVE this perfume! Absolutely beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I LOVE the smell of this purfume! It's sweet, but the sandlewood and cedar balences the sweetness very well, so there isn't an overpowering chemical smell to it. Very natural.

The bottle is also cute. It looks good just sitting in the bathroom.

I have already re-bought this fragrance twice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by dooham

This smells sooo good!!!!! I am very critical for perfumes and for that reason I never wear them.... Until I found this one. It is extremely subtle and smells very fruity and sweet. The bottle is soo cute and very well made. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by zimzaz

A very bright and clean scent. It has a very fine balance of a fresh and sultry. This is a very good, everyday daytime scent. I wore this regularly for school because the scent actually has surprisingly amount of lasting power. And it can be layered very well. So it never becomes overpowering.

As other reviewers have mentioned, for some reason, this scent turns heads. I cant remember how many people asked me what I was wearing whenever I wore this scent.

I wouldnt buy this perfume again for the sole reason that I'm a perfume fanatic, so while I would love to buy it again, there are other ones on my list to try next! That said, it could easily be my signature scent!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After wearing BBW products for pretty much my entire life, I decided a few months ago to upgrade to an actual perfume and give that a shot. Because it was spring and summer was approaching, I wanted a lighter scent that wouldn't turn funky smelling in the humid Midwest weather. After sampling Thierry Mugler's Angel (which smelled absolutely horrific on me and took me forever to wash off) and sniffing a few other not-very-exciting scents, I settled on this one.

At first application, it smelled great with my body chemistry and I got compliments from friends and strangers alike. But the dry down was VERY sweet. After a few minutes of gorgeous fruit smells it ends up just smelling sugary. Sugary scents are good for some folks, but not for me. The staying power was also poor for this fragrance. I would say it lasted 3-5 hours max on me. In order to make sure I hadn't just gotten used to the smell, I made my partner sniff me a few times when I'd get home from work to see if he could still detect the scent. Nada. So my first experience branching out from BBW was disappointing to say the least, but if you have cash to burn and like sweeter smells, then I say give this one a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by lovelyxfugitive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

An old favorite! I have been nursing a 1 oz bottle for over a year, and of course (just look at my reviews) I've used other perfumes, but I always get the whim to come back to Nina. It's one of the few scents I can't really describe, ironically, because it smells so different from many gourmands out there. I know it should smell like apple on some level, but I don't get very much apple while I wear it! I's warm and very creamy, as well as quite sweet. Not headache inducing, but sweet. I have no problem with that, as I'm sure you can see.

I have seen Nina slammed in several perfume blogs for being immature, simplistic and cloying... which is surprising to me, honestly. (Pink Sugar seems much more juvenile than this. And it makes me dizzy.) I do feel like the advertising mythology is ridiculous- look up the ad copy if you feel like being amused- and unnecessary. However, this is one of my favorite perfumes... I never seem to get tired of it... and my body chemistry works well with it.

Oh, and this really doesn't matter to me very much, but in my experience Nina attracts people (male and female) like catnip grabs cats. Coco Mademoiselle is the only other perfume I've worn that renders such enthusiasm! I mean, if I like something I'm wearing it for myself, but sometimes it's nice to drive your sweetie crazy just by wafting a certain smell. Right?

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 6:33:00 AM More reviews by satinmannequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not sweet but it's really pleasant aroma. It didn't work well on me and after a month I got kinda tired of it, but... still I have good thoughts about this scent. May be not worth the price... but nice, though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

This does not smell very good on me. It smells very heavy and like chemicals on me. I do not get any berries, apples nor caramel. It is not sweet at all. I get something similar to a floral air freshner. It does have strong staying party. Just not good on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

I am beginning to suspect that floral fruity gourmand scent compositions do not work on my skin chemistry. I say this because I have tried a number of them that always come off as synthetic on my skin rather than genuine- as if I had grazed through an orchid with meadows of flowers and crisp apple and cherry blossom trees blossoming on a bright warm day. I think there is something special about this one because on my clothes it smells like autumn- apples and musk- so warm and delicious. On my skin, it smells like I went tramping through the mossy woulds with a bag of overly sugary confections in my pocket. Which might not have been too bad had it not been for the overwhelming synthetic- almost chemical hairspray that accompanied this composition on my skin. I suppose I will always enjoy this fragrance on others but never on myself which is a real shame.

For those curious, the fragrance composition of this beautiful red apple bottle is: a sparkly citrus lemon lime, the heart is caramel candied apples, pralines, and vanilla. Finally the base is musk, apple tree and white cedar. I love the idea behind this fragrance, something carefree yet sensual, but on me the scents clash together and fall flat. The staying power was average, the scent is present at 5 hours of wear, then fades quickly by 8 hours. During the 9th hour of wear, it was almost gone, what ever that was detectable on my skin had dissolved to sugar.

my final thoughts on this, is that it is a more mature (and likely more complex if it works to your skin chemistry) version of Viva La Juicy which is overly vanilla. I can imagine a young girl who is trying to get variety in her perfumes choosing this as the 'next level up.' Overall it's an okay perfume, it smells much better on my clothes than on my skin. Whether this is do to skin chemistry or perhaps the perfume itself is lacking somewhere is difficult for me to determine. After a weeks worth of wear, I can at least say that it is not for me, but I would not mind this scent on someone else should it agree with them.
Happy Shopping!