April 16, 2014 | 954 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain de Force

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by egg802

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There are a few things that I dont mind investing on and one of those are hair products namely shampoo and conditioner. Since I color my hair and use styling tools a lot I really try to take care of it as much as I can. My friend convinced me to try the kerastase line. Believe me I was very hesitant seeing the hefty price tag but I gave it a try. This shampoo and the matching conditioner is literally my everyday shampoo and I must say I LOVE THE RESULTS! My hair is very soft, shiny and very smooth! My hair is shoulder length which I tend to grow out for 3 to 5 months before i get my next cut and it keeps my hair healthy all through out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Nordictat2girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me first say that I have VERY long hair (to my waist) andover the years I have tried various haircare to *try* to keep it in good health but not always easy (as you gals surelyknow).

Anyways, I finally gave into trying out Keratase and decided on the De force shampoo as my hair was fairly damaged.
After a few weeksof usuage I have to say...that between this shampoo and using the Sexy Hair Soy condition...my hair is recovering quite well. I noticed by the 2nd time my hair felt different...soft and shiney and my husband can't stop playing with it hehe.
So so far so good with the shampoo. I just wish it was a little less when it comes to the price but I found a good place to buy it that included free shipping. (feelunique.com) I am just too weiry about buying haircare on ebay these days because ya just never know if it's old or deluted down etc.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is puzzling to me - how is this supposed to be repairing for damaged hair? there is not one ingredient that is moisturizing or repairing - I have never seen so many harsh detergents listed on one ingredient label! sulfates, sulfates sulfates, then add some artificial coloring and fragrance, and that pretty much sums this overpriced shampoo up. To be fair, i did try this, but found it didn't do anything speical at all. Aveda is much much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by rachelhal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using this in 2002 when I had my hair chemically straightened (japanese straigtening). I have thin-ish, wavy hair that didn't really need straightening, but I was approached by a stylist from Paul LeBreque salon who need a guinea pig for the procedure, and, since there is no way I could ever afford any service from this salon on my own, I said yes. I started using the shampoo and the ciment conditioner on their advice and continued to use it even after the straight hair grew out.

I have never dyed or highlighted my hair and rarely blow dry and straighten, but I still think this is the best shampoo for me. I live in a very dry environment and think this shampoo helps protect against the environmental damage. It is very light (zero residue) and smells fresh. I normally wash my hair every other day or every three days so the bottle lasts a while. (the other days I do water only.) I will continue to use this product!

EDIT 5/3/12: I realized that this shampoo is so much better when I rotate it with more moisturizing shampoos, or use very infrequently. I think this has to do with the very high protein comment (which I learned from these reviews). At the moment I rotate with Denorex Extra Strength 2 in 1 and Revlon Soft Curls and I think my hair is softer immediately after using those products, but I think my hair is healthier overall because of the Kerastase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by jennyh82

I have used this along with the Ciment anti unsure conditioner for a very l long time and I love it, everytime I have tried another shampoo I always end up stocking back up on this as nothing has came anywhere close to been as good for my hair, My hair is fine and chemically treated, I also wash, dry and straighten my hair almost every day so it goes through alot and I would probably say if it was not for this shampoo and conditioner I would have very very damaged, dry and awful hair.

x x x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I have fine dry curly hair that sometimes breaks. This turned out to be not the best choice for me. The KS told me I should probably use the Bain Nutrition line since my hair is fine true but mainly dry and Bain de Force is not very nourishing.
This product is a little difficult to rinse but I was warned about this for all KS shampoos, because they have built in treatments in them they must be rinsed very carefully and patiently until your hair is cripsy rinsed.
This product did not help me much about breakage (I used it w/ its conditioner) and not so much with dryness. I really loved it though for its smell. It didn't hurt my hair but also didn't repair anything.
If you have fine but very dry hair this shampoo is not right for you. It's not nourishing enough. You need the Bain Nutrition line to make a difference.
It's true I bought this on my own, at no KS stylist advice, because I thought it made hair stronger. It didn't. I just needed the nutrition not the force.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by socalsuperstar

When I first tried this shampoo I wasn't sure about it. I went into my hairstylist at Vidal Sasson Costa Mesa and told her that my hair had been feeling a little limp from my Bain Chroma Riche and Bain Satin. She said that this product, the green bottle with the white stripe was great for color treated blonde hair. I have hair that is medium, maybe a little on the fine side but I have a ton of it. My stylist said that natural blondes have the most individual hairs but it isn't as thick as other colors. Its slightly wavy and naturally blonde but I had highlights and lowlights for more dimension. This shampoo is supposed to be rotated in with the Bain Satin or the Chroma Riche. I was told to get it like every third time. In the shower I liked how it cleaned my hair but left the moisture in. I felt like a protein type of strengthening. Now this is crucial. When I first used the shampoo I used it with the Age Recharge mask. This combo left my hair hair feeling a bit oily at the roots, dry at the ends and a little stringy. I bought the Vita Cement condititoner and tried it and discovered that these two products used in conjunction with each other are amazing. I expected a protein conditioner but no, what I had was amazing soft shiny hair that felt like it was in great condition. I don't dislike the age recharge mask, I just suggest using it with another shampoo. My vote is this shampoo is great. Im going to buy Bain Satin next time and rotate like my stylist suggested. I think that if you buy the shampoo, in order to get the full benefit you also need the conditioner with it. I have not tried the conditioner on it's own. Im so happy with the effects of the two products together that I don't want to risk a bad hair day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Mary4MU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well to kick start this review I better mention why I first decided to purchase this product...
Late last year I decided to get my hair chemically straightened while on holiday, so I got it rebonded (a.k.a. Japanese hair straightening). My hair was amazingly straight, especially after being so dry and rebellious prior to the treatment.
When I got back from my holiday I unfortunately ran out of the shampoo they had suggested I use (which was only available in that country), so of course I had to choose another brand of shampoo and conditioner. After a week or so my hair was falling out far more than normal hair should. It was to the point where my hair would clog the shower drain (and that's bad!). :(
I was furiously researching what others, who have had the same hair treatment, were using and that is how I stumbled upon this product.
I was putting all my faith in this product as I was scared that it wouldn't be the right product to use, but low and behold it worked wonders. After a couple of weeks of using this product my hair was beginning to strengthen and my hair fall was reduced. Now my hair hardly comes out at all. :D
I only give this product 4 lippys because I am sure that there is another shampoo out there that could do just as good of a job for less the price, but I haven't come across it yet. So for now this would have to be my HG shampoo. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by pearlo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not have enough bad things to say about this product - and I SO wanted to love it. I'll start with the (very few) positives: it smells delicious (as others have said, it's rather like green apples), lathers well and the packaging is sleek and easy to use.

Sadly the good stuff ends there. I was prescribed this range by my HD as I have previously bleached blonde, now dyed brunette shoulder-length hair. The ends were sensitised and needed 'rebuilding', so the Resistance range seemed to fit the bill. I used the BdF, following it with the Ciment Ant-Usure. The 1st few times I used this combo I saw no difference in the condition of my hair, just my 1st ever case of dandruff (!); in spite of this, I thought I'd give it a fair shake and stick with it for a while. The next couple of times, my hair felt perfect - smooth, silky, just the right amount of weight. After that sadly short-lived spell, my hair began to feel lank after washing (I wash every other day) and took an increasingly long time to air dry. I stuck with it, and now - 1 month since 1st using these products - I have:

a) An irritated, spotty, flaky scalp (delightful)
b) Glossy roots, ok ends - but the length in-between (approx. 4 inches) feels as though it is coated in wax
c) Faded colour - although I'm not sure whether the BdF is entirely to blame, the water in my area is terrible for stripping colour

I tried just using the BdF to see if the conditioner was to blame, but ended up with the same disastrous result: clumpy, waxy, stiff hair that somehow also manages to look frizzy. Dream come true!

I had heard so many rave reviews of this shampoo and thought it would be perfectly suited to my hair's 'problems'. It has actually managed to make matters worse. I am studying at the moment and as such, not awash with cash - I invested in these products because I really believed a prestige brand like Kerastase could do more for my damaged hair than any drugstore brand. I have no idea how to get rid of the waxiness (which, incidentally, rubs off on my hands when I try to style it and is seriously difficult to wash off) - I have tried two different shampoos so far but no joy yet. I went to a Kerastase salon for some advice and they claimed never to have seen a reaction like mine so perhaps I'm just one of an unlucky minority - it may work amazingly well for you. They also prescribed the Bain Divalent shampoo so I'm going to give that a try, but I must admit being slightly scared of Kerastase products now!

I'm going to try a clarifying shampoo next - I know it will strip my colour but I would rather be rid of the 'wax' and then re-colour. At the moment, I am forced to wear my hair scraped off my face in a ballerina bun as this is literally the only way my hair looks passable. I'm sorry to have gone on such a rant but this has been a really upsetting experience and I'm nowhere near out of the woods yet. I even have to wash my pillowcase more often as the wax rubs off overnight - and I don't want to have to add spotty skin to my woes!

By all means try it - preferably in sample form - and see if it works for you, but please, please, please beware of the build-up! You will be stuck (in every sense) with it for a while!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was amazingly bad in my opinion. I experienced little to no lathering, it sucked out all moisture out, while somehow left my hair feeling unwashed. I have never experienced the act moisturizing my hair after a shampoo such wonderful relief. I detest moisturizing shampoos, that leave my hair weighed down and dirty; but I don't really want a moisture sucking tangling formula that does little in the way of actually washing my hair. I'll stick with my L'anza, thank you very much.
For ref, I have thick and very long hair.