September 18, 2014 | 1707 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

My skin: Combination - oily on the t-zone and dry on the cheeks. I also have very sensitive skin.

I normally don't break out, just the occasional 1-2 acne when its the time of the month, but for the pasts month I've been breaking out constantly because of stress. So when I saw that The Body Shop had a 15% on everything in stores if your purchase 2 things, I picked this up as I've heard that tea tree oil helps clear the skin.

So far, I've used it twice and I can already see the results. Any acne present appears less inflamed and any acne scars look lighter. I feel that this product also prevents any break out as I've noticed that incoming acne bumps are gone after using this.

I use this after I get out of the shower, and I keep the mask on for 10-15 minutes (instructions call for 15 min). I kept it on for 10 minutes on my first try because I didn't want irritate my skin as I do have really sensitive skin.

For the first couple of minute, there's a tingling sensation. It doesn't burn but it does tingle and this sensation goes away after like 5 minute. After that, it just feels really cool and fresh. Unlike most traditional masks, this doesn't dry after the intended 15 minutes which does make it easier to rinse off.

As for the packaging, I'm not the biggest fan, but I'm definitely not complaining. The price is alright, don't remember the exact price but it was definitely less than $15 for 10mL of product which isn't too bad as this really works and will last a long time if you use it like 1-2 times a week.

I will definitely repurchase this product as it does help with my acne as well as it prevents any upcoming acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by normy_normz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use this product years ago back when the packaging was different. I tried it again recently and either the formula has changed or my skin is alot more sensitive these days. I used to love it as it soothed redness and helped minimise blemishes but after uing it a few times recently it has been a different story! Not only did it make my skin super dry and give me a huge flare-up of excema but it also bought several cystic pimples to the surface (now I kept using it and funnily enough the pimples stopped when I stopped using this weekly so I really dont think it was just 'detoxing' my skin as it was fine both before adn after the use of this) All in all it may be a good product if you are super oily but for me it made my skin horrible! AVOID if you have sensitive skin

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Hayxoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really didn't like this product. The biggest con is the packaging. It's horrible! Its so unsanitary and unpleasantly hard to get out of the container without taking more than needed. The smell is just disgusting. Just using this mask once dried out my skin horribly. I will not be purchasing this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by maloneyxo

This product is good if you use it sparingly and only when you have a breakout. I find that if I use it more often it dries my skin out a little, and if anything worsens the redness! But used when my skin is breaking out it definitely helps, and I quite like the tea tree smell, it feels like it's really cleaning my skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I got this as a gift from a friend. I really liked tea tree oil before, but I think witch hazel gets rid of my blemishes much faster.
This didn't quite work for me. It may have been because I used it too often: about 2-3 times a week, because it said to calm down skin, and my skin was often irritated. It was very fun to put on: it is thick and green, and you look like one of those women from cartoons :P The thing is: my skin never got less red after this. I really wanted it to work, but my Clean & Clean blackhead clearing scrub calms my skin down much more than this. This also seemed to clog my pores, which isn't strange when I used it so often: mud masks are supposed to be used every week/2 weeks, not more often tan that - else they're just bad for you. But anyway: this did not work for me. Hope other people have better results with this. Also want to say that this is quite expensive for he amount you et if compared to other mud masks.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by purpleziqian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm from Singapore, and this product cost me $30! Very expensive! And the content only contains 3.85oz which is lesser than Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque which has 8oz and is cheaper~ This tea tree face mask doesn't has any instruction so is not good for those who first buy this product. So when I put on this masque, it has cooling sensation :) It is refreshing when I rinsed off.
Pros:
- Refreshing
- Cooling Sensation

Cons:
- The packaging sucks a lot, can be contaminated if the fingers are not washed properly
- The price doesn't worth, I could get better masque than this.
- Hard to rinse off
- Introduce more pimples on my face :(

I am going to use this mask once a month and also decided to give it to my mother. Not going to repurchase. Doesn't work for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I thought this product doesn't exist anymore! I used this mask while I was in High School, many years ago. It was my first bought mask.
At first I was shocked by the green colour and the smell. When I used it though, it left my skin soft, clear, matte and the pimples were less red and they were flat. It is bit funny to apply it and back then it had a strong menthol smell and your face was...minty. Also, every time I used it , in the first 3 minutes my skin was burning. It is a bit hard to spread on your face and you have to put your fingers in the pot many times until you cover your whole face.
I used it all and then I forgot about The Body Shop until last year when I bought the Tea Tree Oil Scrub which is great for my skin. Now I just had a look on their website and I've seen this mask and I am quite surprised it still exists. I will buy it again.
Package- It comes in a plastic green pot with a black lid.
Consistence- It is a bit hard as a mask but you can take it from the pot using your fingers.
Colour- It has a green colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by polly2990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The Tea Tree Face Mask from The Body Shop is by far the best mask I have tried till now and I will continue using it. This mask is great when you hit that stressful day or week and you need some rest and relaxation. The tea tree in this really helps with the acne during stressful times. It does leave your face with a tingling feeling which gives me a sign that itís working, the sting can be overwhelming when you put too much. Although I do not experience a great amount of acne, this does help when midterms and finals come around and school is driving me crazy. Life can be hectic and tiring, so why not put a mask on it. A container of this stuff can probably last you a good year for the price. (Retail Value $15)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not like this product. I applied this right after cleansing, and it burned. I use tea tree oil on its own, and it's never burns like this. Could be worse, but not worth the purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by selenax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is quite good. I don't use it often but when I do it seems to shrink my pimples. I don't use it on my whole face as it is very drying but I use this as spot treatment which means that the whole tub will last a lot longer! I leave it on overnight and when I wash it off in the morning it shrinks the pimple but it does look a little red. The redness fades after a while and the pimple is visibly reduced!