April 16, 2014 | 2118 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not like this product. I applied this right after cleansing, and it burned. I use tea tree oil on its own, and it's never burns like this. Could be worse, but not worth the purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by selenax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is quite good. I don't use it often but when I do it seems to shrink my pimples. I don't use it on my whole face as it is very drying but I use this as spot treatment which means that the whole tub will last a lot longer! I leave it on overnight and when I wash it off in the morning it shrinks the pimple but it does look a little red. The redness fades after a while and the pimple is visibly reduced!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on impulse and was pleasantly surprised! It's now the only thing i use to keep from getting blemishes and its really effective. I use it a times a week and my skin is noticibky clearer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by msmoneypenny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because my I get some breakouts on my chin and jawline, especially the hormonal kind at a certain time of the month, and I also thought that it would take off some of the oiliness from my skin during the summer. First of all this product has totally changed from what it used to be few years back when I used it regularly and I really liked it then. It was clearly a clay-type mask before that dried on your face and made skin feel really clear and clean.
Now however the texture of this mask is strange, it felt like slapping on soft plastic or something. Did not like the feel of it at all.
When I first used it now, it seemed to calm my skin and I like the smell of the product, so I decided not to be bothered too much by the texture of it. BUT after using twice I started to break out more. Now I have these small bumbs all over my face, that are clearly caused by irritation. Since this is the only new thing I used on my face, I think it's causing these breakouts. I think it is absolutely ridiculous to use ingredient (myristyl myristate) that can clog pores in a product that is made for acne-prone skin.
If nothing I've learned to read the ingredients list before buying something.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by MissAmberLiz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I wasn't so sure about this mask. When I applied it I thought I was allergic or something as it started to burn, but after about 30 seconds I realised that was just the tingle of the tea tree. It does what it says on the tub - 'cool and lifts away impurities'. As soon as I has washed it off my face felt softer and smoother and extremely refreshed. At 9 the tub is rather small but with the instruction to use weekly I can see it lasting a while as not much is needed for the whole face. Would totally recommend to somewith with acne prone skin like myself, especially in conjunction with other body shop tea tree products. My face hasn't felt so fresh in a very long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by navmakeup

I can say this product didnt do anything other than clean my skin .... i wish it helped my acne or blackheads but it didnt do anything at all .. very disappointed .. i will not purchase this again .. its more for sensitive skins who are looking for a mask for rare bumps they get on their face ..

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by kirikadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

The rep suggested this for me to help me with my crazy skin which is dry and oily and everything inbetween at once and I break out a lot. So okay. I bought it and religiously used it once a week until the pot ran out (which took a while, it lasts a long time).
I can't say it did much for me. Yep, it made my skin squeaky clean but even my face wash does that. It didn't help with breakouts at all, in fact I'm sort of wondering if it made them worse since now I've been out of it for two months and my skin is actually better then before. Or maybe it's the summer.
But it did sting a bit and my face had red patches after using it.
So maybe it works for someone but not for me. I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by markysa

No. No, no. Isn't tea tree oil supposed to calm your skin from breaking out? And doesn't this claim to help inflamed skin? Or maybe there's something that says 'whatever we say, we do the opposite' somewhere on the packaging that I missed. Or maybe, because I bought this on sale in a massively reduced price, the efficacy is similarly reduced. Whatever the cause is, I just spent my money to embellish my face with humongous, nutso and painful ensemble of acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by TaffyCheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the feeling of this mask when it's on - Nice and minty, but not too overwhelming. It's a little hard to take remove. I had to rinse my face a little to get it off. I think it made my pores look smaller with use, but it also broke me out horribly.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by rebonjour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Me: 18, very fair, very sensitive, combination skin (oily forehead and nose, dry cheeks)

I've tried a few of the Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil products as a friend of mine uses their cleaner and toner religiously. Unfortunately, the menthol in this mask is far too harsh for my skin. I use pure tea tree oil on my skin on a regular basis without any burning sensations, but after I used this mask, my face was very red and painful to the touch. About a day later, I discovered several new "little friends" in the form of new pimples. I'm not a fan of the Body Shop's long list of facial care ingredients, especially considering their marketing as a natural company. For example, the limonene in this mask is also used as a paint stripper; myristyl myristate is listed at a 5 (the highest ranking) on the comedogenic scale. Using this product as an acne treatment will likely aggravate breakouts for most people.