October 25, 2014 | 1148 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by xVegasx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great program instead of throwing youre empties away you can get a free lippy for 6 products,just a shame that they dont offer eyeshaddows in the Uk,if only more companies did this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by shminbabe1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using MAC since before the stores came to the U.S. I ordered stuff straight from Toronto! Then when the stores came - - well, let's just say I've bought a lot of product and picked up my basics via B2M.

I was spending so much that one year I gave up MAC for Lent. Ha! I went in the night before Lent started to make some "final purchases" (as if I could not get through six weeks without buying?) and tell them good-bye. It was a good thing to do as it helped me refocus my attention on other things and since then I've been far less extravagant in my makeup buying, although compared to the average girl, I use a lot of it, daily.

But I adore MAC, and I'm going to wear makeup regardless, so the B2M is great. For the person who says it's just a ploy to get you in, where you'll inevitably overspend? You know, in all my years of shopping and spending there, I have never felt pressured to buy. I've shopped in a lot of MAC stores/counters and it just hasn't happened to me. I've overspent due to my own impulsivity and lack of control at times. Now I try to be more careful, and I can always return things.

I'm sure there is the incentive to MAC to get people in, and to maintain customer loyalty, but it's really worked for me. I always need an Oh Baby lip glass, or a Brule eye shadow, so I try to keep it to my staples, since you cannot return a B2M item. Love it!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE the Back-2-MAC Recycling Program!! I'm an avid MAC user & I go through products VERY fast. I love the fact that I can get something back for being a loyal customer..... I honestly couldn't care less about the products actually being recyced, I just love getting a free lipstick. I'm really not a "Green" person..... However, I am moved by the Viva Glam movement to help individuals with HIV & Aids. I just wish that there were some Viva Glam lipsticks that I liked! I tried the darker neutral ones & they just don't look right on me. I would actually rather spend the money on a lipstick & have the money go towards the Viva Glam cause over getting a free Back-2-MAC lipstick, but I just love the Plum Dandy lipstick so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by deedeeTN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a step in the right direction for recycling makeup products. Take in 6 of your empties and get a new product. I usually hold onto mine until I have enough for 3-4 freebies, then take a road trip to the MAC Pro store. There I can get eyeshadows.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

6 empties for a free lippie...it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Shestring4life

I think this is an amazing insintive for customers to recycle old product (containers) and feel appriciated!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I'd much rather get a free eyeshadow, lippie, or gloss of my choice than some crummy GWP like most companies sporadically offer. Granted, the rules may be inconsistent (not IME, but whatevs--i can't discredit others' experiences,) but come on...get over it. If this program didn't exist to begin with, no one would be able to complain. And MAC is the only brand I'm aware of that is generous enough to let its customers bring in old containers for a new product, so I honestly think everyone should put that into perspective before writing reviews that complain about this program.

As a side note, make sure you get on MAC's website and check out the list of eligible containers before throwing anything away. I had no idea false lash containers qualified for b2m, which sucks for me. Lastly, all of my DC'd, LE, and de-panned items have been fine for b2m at y local pro store.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by sdeyerling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great experience as always. As many know, when you recycle six empty plastic packaged empties you get a freebie. At freestanding stores you can choose either a lipglass, eyeshadow pot, or lipstick. At a counter you can choose a lipstick. Online/sending them in by mail you can choose a lipstick.

I have depotted every item I have recycled. I have never included the metal pan. This has never been a problem and no one has ever told me I need it.

For my own comfort, I did an online chat with MAC to clarify and they told me I do not need the metal pan, depots are fine and I should print off the conversation and bring it with me in case any SA says otherwise. I suggest doing that if you are worried.

Your freebie can be part of LE and even in special packaging as long as there are no licensing issues (like Disney/VV or Sanrio/Hello Kitty or Mattel/Barbie). Some SAs will say otherwise. Again, do a MAC chat and bring the conversation if you are worried about this.

Similarly, you can recycle LE and special packing as well as those special collections listed above. I have successfully recycled VV and Hello Kitty packaged items.

I wish other brands participated in these sort of recycling programs! =D

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

I just did my 1st B2M today and got a lippie in LoveLorn! im so glad that mac does this. its healthy for the environment and its awesome to just walk in and not spend a dime on mac and get a free lippie :) thank you mac!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I love this program! I usually go through at least 2 Vex and 2 Patina e/s a year and it's great to be able to trade in my empty e/s pans with a couple of empty or rarely worn MAC lipsticks to receive a free lipstick or e/s. I have been doing this for years. It's a great marketing ploy that keeps me coming back!