Pro Activ Deep Cleansing Wash

3.8

Active Ingredient: salicylic acid 2%. Inactive Ingredients: water (aqua), cocamidopropyl betaine, distearyl phthalic acid amide, polyethylene, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, jojoba esters, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, ammonium laureth sulfate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, menthol, butylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, fragrance (parfum), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289.

I did not have very bad skin when I first started using this product. I have been using Proactive for over a year and my dermatologist recently told me that I have "rebound" skin. My face is super oily now and I have breakouts all the time. Proactive made my skin terrible in the end. I use to only occassionally break out in the T-zone area-I am now breaking out ALL over my face. I am 28 years old and this should not be happening now. I firmly believe that is because of the use of this product and wish I had never started using it.

I use this on my face, chest and back as I had horrible breakout a month back. I bought the whole system with the cleanser, toner, lotion and this cleanser. I then left the 3 step system at my parents house and I started using the cleanser on my face also. It think this cleanser might actually work better than the renewal cleanser, at least you get more for your money. Also the smell is very pleasant and has a minty feel to it which is refreshing. I didn't notice a vast improvement after the first 2 weeks of use but now i have zero active acne and no more breakouts (could be due to hormonal changes) but I think it could be because of this deep cleanser. It's a bit pricey but having zitless skin is priceless in my opinion!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this along with the 3 piece system. I keep this in the shower to use as my facial cleanser for step one. It really makes my face feel clean and refreshed and soft. I follow up with the toner and the repairing lotion. I will repurchase. Since I wash my face twice daily I use this scrub once, then at night I use the cleanser that is part of the 3 piece system.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this, along with the rest of the proactiv line! I keep this is my shower and the renewing cleanser at the sink. Proactiv has seriously cleared my skin!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

It irritated my skin and made it break out worse when I first started using this, than it cleared my skin minimally after a few weeks? CAUTION, This will bleach out clothing, towels, etc. (as it does your skin, don't use if you want a tan). Make sure you wipe off completely with water before drying your face.

Like this best of the ProActiv line. It does deep clean. In fact, I don't like using it daily, maybe every other night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love the proactiv system so i cant complain about this. I usually use the regular cleaser and then use this on my body and sometimes my face. Really keeps me clear. Online says this will, "Formulated with 2% salicylic acid to help treat, manage, and prevent acne blemishes, this advanced wash is for use on the face and body. It contains a mild exfoliator to unclog pores, remove dead skin, and reduce oil, while its gentle botanicals soothe and soften the skin." And it does. Retails for $20 for 8 oz. I dont need to use this because i have the three piece system, but it does work nicely with it to keep skin clear.

Proactiv is awful. This cleanser did nothing but scrape away my skin. It's very grainy and irritates your skin which can just make your acne worse. Save your time and your money and look for a cheaper, gentle cleanser.

My face does not feel clean. The grains scrape against my skin and irritate it. There are better cleansers out there for this price.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I prefer this cleanser over the Renewing cleanser that comes in the kit. I use this once a day, in the am. It works great, and gives you a little zest in your step.