MAC Nymphette lipglass

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This color is gorgeous in the tube, but isn't the same color on lips. It does have a lot of gold shimmer to it which is fine with me, but I was hoping it would be a little more pink. Its a very subtle pink with lots of gold in it. It's pretty, but I just wanted it to have more color. Will repurchase though since it is pretty. Purr is my fav color from mac though.

on 2/19/2011 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this lipgloss in a MAC set, as a christmas present from my sister. I literally dropped my jaw and just gasped when i saw the set for two reasons; it was pretty, and i know how expensive MAC is in Norway. And I had to use some of the products right away of course! Since the set contained this lipgloss, blush in well dressed, beauty powder in pretty baby, mineralized eyeshadow in mercurial, and zoom lash mascara in zoomblack, the easies thing to try out was to try on the lipgloss. It was love at first sight!
On my lips the golden shimmer shows up very well, and then I mean VERY well. My lips are very pale, which equals zero pigmentation whatsoever, so that's maybe the reason why? Anyroad, I think it's a bit too sticky for my taste, but oh so beautiful. And I can live with sticky, since that's the only negative I have to say about it, if I look away from the price. But that's what we have internet for, eh?
The stickyness is the only reason why this doesn't get 5 stars. :-)

on 2/11/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Normally I hate hate hate lipglass. I think it's too drying for my lips. But there are more lipglass colors than anything so I went for it. It's gorgeous. For us dark skinned divas, this is a must have Lip Glass, even more so than Oh Baby (which I hated). It looks pink in the tube but when you put it on you get the goldy highlights in it. Its sooooo pretty on. This will be the only lip glass I"m going to make sure I keep in my bag!

on 1/22/2011 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this. It looks lovely in the tube, but the golden shimmer under the pink turns orange on my lips. This is probably going back to the store! I'll try another!

on 1/15/2011 5:45:00 PM

This was my first lipglass by MAC, I fell in love with the golden shimmer in it. I actually HATE lipglosses but after I got this I do like them but only MAC.

Nymphette is a rose colour with golden shimmer in it, it goes on pretty even and one coat is enough to cover my lips. It also smells like vanilla like all MAC lipglasses and it's very sticky to the lips. Some people may hate this but I am happy with this because the gloss stays in place - I don't have to apply it every 15minutes. After drinking or eating something you do need to apply it again.

Aftter all it's a nice color for a daily look which suits most women. On darked pigmented lips the golden shimmer appears more which looks even better!

I like to wear this lipglass over MAC lipstick in "Lovelorn".

The price is okay! But the lipglass is somehow gone in 1,5hours on me, for this price (I live in Europe!) it should stay better in place. :)

on 1/9/2011 10:49:00 PM

This lipglass is great. it is a nice subbile color that looks good everyday (in summer its the best) when ur in the light you really see the nice golden colors. this was my first ever mac product i bought and i like it, if you are not sure of buying it i would recomend to test it out in the store then if you like it go for it! its fairly expensive and the packaging is fairly chic

on 12/22/2010 2:00:00 PM

Highly versatile & shockingly gorgeous for spring and summer. An unbeatable everyday gloss for ladies with yellow skin tones (very light to medium tan).

Pair with Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick (any) or Too Faced Caribbean In A Compact (Snow Bunny) for a sun-kissed glow. :)

on 11/25/2010 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Very pretty although MAC lipglasses are quite sticky, too sticky for my liking so I will not be purchasing anymore because there are cheaper brands out there that are smoother.

i have medium pigmented lips that i like to cover up or enchance. i bought nymphette since it looked really pretty. i love orgasm blush & this looked like the lipglass version. on my lips, nymphette is almost pure gold shimmer. I am cool/neutral so gold doesnt really flatter me. the good thing is it lasts for hours and is super glossy. i wouldnt buy this shade again since im not a fan of gold shimmer on my lips, but if your warm toned then this would be awesome on you

on 11/7/2010 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to own this. It looked good on the rare days my lip pigment pulled more pink; I ended up with pretty pink lips with gold shimmer. But on most days, where my lips look more brown or red, Nymphette did not blend into my lips at all and just sat on top of them as this ruddy color that clashed with my natural lip pigment. I'm not lowering the rating over this, since a gloss isn't bad quality just because it doesn't match every person's coloring...but if you have similar pigment to me, you should try Nymphette before buying because it's the least forgiving gloss I've tried.

Recommended for Medium Skin