MAC Nymphette lipglass

4.3

on 2/11/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Normally I hate hate hate lipglass. I think it's too drying for my lips. But there are more lipglass colors than anything so I went for it. It's gorgeous. For us dark skinned divas, this is a must have Lip Glass, even more so than Oh Baby (which I hated). It looks pink in the tube but when you put it on you get the goldy highlights in it. Its sooooo pretty on. This will be the only lip glass I"m going to make sure I keep in my bag!

on 1/22/2011 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this. It looks lovely in the tube, but the golden shimmer under the pink turns orange on my lips. This is probably going back to the store! I'll try another!

on 1/15/2011 5:45:00 PM

This was my first lipglass by MAC, I fell in love with the golden shimmer in it. I actually HATE lipglosses but after I got this I do like them but only MAC.

Nymphette is a rose colour with golden shimmer in it, it goes on pretty even and one coat is enough to cover my lips. It also smells like vanilla like all MAC lipglasses and it's very sticky to the lips. Some people may hate this but I am happy with this because the gloss stays in place - I don't have to apply it every 15minutes. After drinking or eating something you do need to apply it again.

Aftter all it's a nice color for a daily look which suits most women. On darked pigmented lips the golden shimmer appears more which looks even better!

I like to wear this lipglass over MAC lipstick in "Lovelorn".

The price is okay! But the lipglass is somehow gone in 1,5hours on me, for this price (I live in Europe!) it should stay better in place. :)

on 1/9/2011 10:49:00 PM

This lipglass is great. it is a nice subbile color that looks good everyday (in summer its the best) when ur in the light you really see the nice golden colors. this was my first ever mac product i bought and i like it, if you are not sure of buying it i would recomend to test it out in the store then if you like it go for it! its fairly expensive and the packaging is fairly chic

on 12/22/2010 2:00:00 PM

Highly versatile & shockingly gorgeous for spring and summer. An unbeatable everyday gloss for ladies with yellow skin tones (very light to medium tan).

Pair with Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick (any) or Too Faced Caribbean In A Compact (Snow Bunny) for a sun-kissed glow. :)

on 11/25/2010 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Very pretty although MAC lipglasses are quite sticky, too sticky for my liking so I will not be purchasing anymore because there are cheaper brands out there that are smoother.

i have medium pigmented lips that i like to cover up or enchance. i bought nymphette since it looked really pretty. i love orgasm blush & this looked like the lipglass version. on my lips, nymphette is almost pure gold shimmer. I am cool/neutral so gold doesnt really flatter me. the good thing is it lasts for hours and is super glossy. i wouldnt buy this shade again since im not a fan of gold shimmer on my lips, but if your warm toned then this would be awesome on you

on 11/7/2010 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to own this. It looked good on the rare days my lip pigment pulled more pink; I ended up with pretty pink lips with gold shimmer. But on most days, where my lips look more brown or red, Nymphette did not blend into my lips at all and just sat on top of them as this ruddy color that clashed with my natural lip pigment. I'm not lowering the rating over this, since a gloss isn't bad quality just because it doesn't match every person's coloring...but if you have similar pigment to me, you should try Nymphette before buying because it's the least forgiving gloss I've tried.

on 11/7/2010 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

What's to say that hasn't already been said about this wonderful lip gloss?!? 5 stars for sure!
I love Nymphette- it's a beautiful pink that goes with so many looks. I wear it over almost all my pink or even purple lipsticks. It has just the right amount of shimmer but not too much so it's unwearable in the daytime.

I will def repurchase!

on 10/28/2010 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my every day lip-gloss for a very long time. Then I ran out, then bought again. And again. 4 tubes of Nymphette later and I still haven't gotten tired of this gorgeous, warm, sunny pink with a shot of gold shimmer through it. I usually wear it on its own, and it just makes my lips look like candy. Great staying power as well. Will keep repurchasing.

Recommended for Medium Skin