Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Advanced Time Complex Capsules

4.1

Ingredients from packaging: CYCLOMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, SQUALENE, ISOSTEARIC ACID, SPHINGOLIPIDS, CERAMIDE 6, RETINYL LINOLEATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, BORAGE SEED OIL, HEXADECANOLIDE.

First of all, I love how this is packaged in the individual capsules. I have tried skincare that worked for a month and then did not work anymore. I now understand that the the way it was packaged caused it to lose it's power.I don't understand how this works for my skin, but it does. I have sensitive/rosacea skin and it is hard to find something that does not aggrevate the condition. This is not a moisturizer, but a serum. It does nothing to moisturize my dry skin, but it does not dry it out. It smooths my skins and I have noticed some fine lines have diminished and the tone is better. I use it in the morning and have started some other skin care products also. But, I know I am sticking with this one. I was able to get it much cheaper on ebay because the price is way too high.

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I love this product, but I don't love the packaging at all. The little ampules drive me more than a little batty. I only use half of one at a time, so I end up having to stash the other half somewhere around the bathroom precariously teetering so that it doesn't spill any of the wonderful serum inside until I can use it the next day. I prefer to prick a hole to twisting. Format, and the ridiculous price aside, I love this product and it does wonder for my dried out winter skin.

Normally I don't buy department store creams and serums, but I've received this once as a GWP and once as a gift and I've rationed it in delight both times. I think I will have to break tradition and purchase it when I run out. I love it that much. I have to say, I really do like the Ceramide line, and I am one who is never, ever happy with her moisturizers. I've yet to try the day cream, but the eye and night creams have me very satisfied.

On to the capsules. I apply these, depending on the day and the needs of my skin, either at night or in the morning before make-up. It works beautifully either way. I have combination-dry skin and this, using half, sinks right in and with moisturizer makes an excellent make-up base. My skin is more even textured, freckles are lessening and my pores are minimal. There is only a faint scent to this, as with the other products in the line. The sheen is only temporary, but the glow lasts all day. I find that when I wear this at night I wake up looking especially rested. I like to use an extra dose around my eyes.

I think what I love most about this, and what is making my skin look most youthful, is the massive moisture boost I get from this serum. It's truly extraordinary and not at all greasy. I haven't found anything this good anywhere, period! I don't know about the anti-ageing benefits, I'm going to add hydraulic acid to it myself, and this is going to be a wintertime staple for me from now on. My skin says a little "Thank you" each time I massage this precious oil into it. It's pure luxury for skin.

I think it is a best product in the market for a sensitive skin. my skin has never looked more soft and smooth, it is worth every penny.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Geez...out of all my reviews, I neglected to review the very best product on the market? Anyway, I have been using the Advanced capsules for over 15 years, and they have helped my skin tremendously. Probally the single one product that has never let me down. Apparently, I wouldn't had stuck with the capsules this long, huh?

Advance capsules contains ceramides ( lipids ) and this is exactly what our own skin produces. As we age, we don't produce the amount of ceramides, we did in our youth. I once experimented, by taking one capsule, and applied to the back of my hand. I waited about 20-25 minutes and ran tap water over that hand. The water flowed off ( like a ducks back ), and that explaines the capsules "barrier" it provides for the skin. The skin had that same protection in our youth - only done in a natural way. Wikipedia gives a better ( mostly scientific ) explanation.

Application appears oily at first, then within a few minutes it quickly absorbs into the skin. The skin isn't left sticky, greasy or with a nasty film, but soft and more even toned. These aren't necessarily for dry skin types, I used these when my skin had oil. There is very little fragrance, and I've never experienced any stinging or burning. Ebay or T.J.Maxx have the best value for these capsules.

Elizabeth Arden packaging for this product was clever/ingenious. The individual small pink tubes provides the correct amount for the face. It also protects the integrity of the serum. No subliminal message in the least. When it comes to skincare, I think what works for some - doesn't for others.

Note: On Skin Deep Products Safety Database this product has a 1 rating. It doesn't get any better ;-)

I love the feeling on my skin when used with my cream. I have not tried this under my makeup yet.The price is pretty steep. I will udate my reveiw after I've used it for a while. I have menapausal skin problems so I hope this helps out. I have tried everything. I was surprised this felt as good as it did. The new capsules are supposed to be improved without silicone(from what I have heard)I like that it is preservative free(less is more sometimes). This was a GWP so I have not really started purchasing yet.I want it to amaze me first and longer than a week before I am convinced its performing worth the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It's quite moisturizing & it keeps my skin moisturized throughout the day as I do wear makeup to work (though not heavy makeup).
I do feel that it's a bit wasteful if I don't finish the capsule in one application, but it says it's without preservatives...so there is a reason why it's used once only. On warmer days, it's difficult to twist it open & I have to cut the tip open instead, but other than that, it's great.

These capsules are AMAZING! I got lucky to buy them at Costco for a lot cheaper then dept. stores. Theres enough oil in them for your face and throat. My skin just drank it up without it leaving an oily sheen. The price is way up there for 60 capsules but it's well worth it.

I bought these simply because I can throw a few capsules in a makeup bag for when I travel without having to throw in a whole thing of moisturizer. It's an okay product but for the ingredients its very expensive.

TO WHAT IS LIZZIE referring when she said to think about what it looks like? subliminal messagin with the packaging??? Tell me Lizzie, I am curious. The only thing I could think of is that they look like a tiny miniature diapghram or somthing after the contents are squished out?

Someone let me know because I don't get it.

I said I would buy this product again, but actually I don't know. Husband gave me a lovely golden gift box which contained a large tub of this. It certainly goes on well, and feels luxurious - but what exactly is it supposed to do?? And when to apply -- before or after moisturizer? Also, am not sure if it's this, or the EA face cream that accompanied it that makes my eyes water.

This is a curious product to me. I have it but don't use it much yet am on my second tub (tip for those buying in the UK - it is much cheaper online).

I woke up one morning about a week ago and noticed that my skin looked dewy and glowed. Then I remembered that I had used this the night before because my normal moisturiser had ran out. Or maybe I hadn't wiped the sleep from my eyes yet.

Yes, can seem very oily when applied but it glides on smoothly so doesn't drag the skin. One capsule is enough to cover the whole of my face and neck, with some to spare (I apply this on my eye area too).

I like this product. I am an acne sufferer (going through a clear phase) and it definitely does my skin no harm and feels very nice to use.