Clinique High Impact Eyeshadow in Foxy

4.4

on 8/22/2005 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My favourite taupe. History: Chanel Sphinx, YSL Variations Couleurs palette (there was a taupe there), Dior Brun Casual quint, Clinique Double Date, Revlon Pink Tulle, Annabelle Haute chocolate trio...here it is. Without a doubt a taupe that looks gorgeous against my skin, my eyes, does not make my undereyes more noticeable. Natural yet sophisticated for daytime. Perfect staying powder and a perfect amount of shimmer. Unlike the most of the taupes including Chanel, shimmer never dies. The color stays true all day. I have 3 of these GWPs. I think thats enough for a lifetime. My search of a perfect taupe has ended. I am a cool/neutral PPP-LLL with blue-green eyes, dark hair.

on 8/19/2005 5:50:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow from Clinique. Its the perfect light brown-grey colour, and you can pair it with almost anything. It lasts all day, and comes in a sleek-silver compact.

on 7/7/2005 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this eyeshadow. It's my basic, everyday eyeshadow and I've been wearing it for years. It's a light shimmery brown, easy to apply, and looks great day and night.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Someone included this as an extra in a swap and it is my new HG eyeshadow. It is a beautiful shade of medium brown with a bit of shimmer (though not too much). I wear it nearly every day as my crease shadow. It looks great when paired with most colors (pinks, purples, blues, greens) and can tone down and neutralize intense colors. Stays on all day over my Benefit f.y.eye. I'll be stocking up on this one if they discontinue it! continued >>

on 6/9/2005 9:15:00 AM

Very gorgeous shimmery shade...not at all what I was expecting. I have several small compacts of these from bonus days. Love freebies! I also found a Jane eye shadow (down to earth, I think) that looks very similar. I am pretty sure you can find something similar to this but cheaper like I did.

on 6/2/2005 3:32:00 PM

Like the rest of the world, I got this as a gwp. I wasn't that impressed with it in the palette, "Oh Good, another brown eyeshadow," but after playing with it, I LOVE it. It filled a need I didn't know I had! On me it's a medium khaki color that works well for subtle shading in the crease when applied with a wide shadow brush. It also makes for a gorgeous smoky look that really brings out my green eyes, and I LOVE it as a liner when applied wet. I tend to gravitate toward matte shades but this has a light-reflecting quality that's just stunning--not too over the top for daytime wear either. I also like this applied dry for a smudgy line under my eye with a darker liner on top. So versatile!

on 4/20/2005 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Foxy is a medium, shimmery taupe (brown/grey) with a soft silver highlight. I wear it layered over a shimmery champagne color, like Laura Mercier Star Fruit, and Foxy works perfectly for the crease and outer wedge, as well as a soft liner on the lower lash line. Paired with a black or charcoal liner for the upper lash line, this combo is a great, neutral everyday look. Works very well with rose or plum blushs and lip colors.

on 4/15/2005 9:55:00 AM

Perfectly natural shade for me. I cant really create something called smokey eye wih this shade even though I am quite a pale but this shade is very easy to wear everyday greyish brown shade with shimmer. I looks much more shimmery in the pan than what it looks om my skin. I have never had a problem with staying power and I find all Clinique eye shadows silky and smooth. UPDATE:
Id like to compair the darker shade of Double Date duo and this one. It is interesting that Foxy shows up browner than Double date on me, because Foxy looks more greyed on the pan thank Double Date.

on 3/16/2005 5:50:00 PM

like just about everyone else here, i got this as a GWP. it's a great neutral colour, for those mascara and light lipgloss days; it's a little something extra to emphasise your eyes (iím dk brunette with dk brown eyes and pale olive skin). it's also a really nice option for officewear, looking polished and subtle. i put a light layer of mine over MAC's cork this morning and it looks nice. the staying quality is good, too; makes me want to investigate other clinique shadows. just the right adult-amount of shimmer. i'd buy this again, only the sample size was so generous i might not need to!

on 2/16/2005 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this eye shadow! I originally got it in a GWP, but then bought a full size product that I've had forever. It stays on and doesn't crease. I like to use this color at night b/c it's more dramatic. It goes great with blue eyes.