April 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Clean Make Up

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by TatianaK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product broke me out really badly, it covered well however though. I will never repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by wishclover

I used this a lot back when I was in high school because it gave me a very natural finish, covering up my blemishes but not making me look overdone. The only thing I remember hating is the smell of this product. I decided to give this a repurchase, and I was hugely disappointed to see that the smell hasn't changed. The foundation definitely has a very medicated smell that stays even the first hour or two of application, and I sometimes feel self-conscious about it. Just because of the smell, I would not repurchase. However, as far as coverage, this foundation works just as promised -- it is a light foundation that will give you a healthy, natural look but will not cover up every single imperfection. It can also build up to a medium foundation. The flaw in the coverage is that it tends to accentuate lines around the eyes and mouth. The finish is dewey but for me will dry out looking more matte. Medium coverage and a matte look can be instantly achieved by going over it with some light powder.
Bottom line, this is a decent foundation, and a steal for the $5 I paid for it. However, it's imperfections make it far from the perfect product and after I finish the bottle, I will look elsewhere for a light foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love this liquid foundation from Cover Girl. As you have known, Cover Girl cosmetics are not available here in Hong Kong. I have to order them straight from USA if I really, really wanted to buy Cover Girl stuffs, or, I have to ask my sister to buy it for me there.

Lately, I found some Cover Girl stuffs at Bonjour (another cosmetic store like Sasa here in Hong Kong) so I grabbed 3 bottles of these Cover Girl Clean Make Up. It's in my shade, which is in Natural Ivory.
I really don't know what happened. I used to like this liquid foundation before, but when I tried using it once more, I didn't like it. It was too watery and very hard to apply to my face. It's very hard to even out.

Also, the coverage wasn't good. I still need to use a lot of concealer (my MAC Select Cover-Up) to have the flawless skin look.

Also, it doesn't stay that long. You have to retouch from time to time because it does wears off very fast.

One more minus points for this is the unsanitized bottle that Cover Girl used for this liquid foundation. It's very messy and I need to clean up the mouth of the bottle from time to time or else, it gets stuck up right there on top.

Honestly, I really don't like it now. I'm just finishing these stocks I've got at home right now, and I'm done. I don't want to buy this product from Cover Girl anymore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my HG foundation when I was a teenager and into my early 20's. All these years later I thought I would repurchase it and give it another go. BIG mistake! I hated every moment of wearing this again. From the annoying battle to get any foundation out of the bottle, to the smell, the flimsy coverage that cakes when I tried to add a little extra for better coverage, the emphasis of fine lines around my eye, and the gross feeling on my skin after a few hours. This foundation was a nice reminder that my skin and it's needs have definitely changed as I have aged. Definitely tossed this into the garbage, but will hold onto the memories of all the goodtimes this foundation gave me in my youth. lol!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by cdowning410

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this. Is my HG foundation. Have tried all MAC formulations, the new Revlon Photo Ready that everyone raves about. I always go back to this, applied with the cheapo SK foundation brush this looks airbrushed on my skin. I actually like the smell, though old school noxema is a nostalgic favorite of mine. Will always repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

**Please note that this is a review of the sensitive skin formula.**

I really dislike heavy-coverage foundations. They always feel too heavy on my face and they end up looking cakey on me no matter how I blend it or how much I use.

Cover Girl's Clean is a foundation that is compatible with my skin and preferences. I've never had terrible acne or blemish problems (luckily), so I've never needed a heavy coverage foundation. Clean looks quite sheer on my skin, but it feels very light, which I really love.

I have to admit that the consistency is quite weird. I've never tried the old formula, but the new formula doesn't feel entirely "liquid-y." There's a lightweight feel that almost resembles a mousse (though it doesn't look like a mousse at all). It's difficult trying to describe the texture, but whatever it is, I like it. The texture makes it super-easy to blend (even when I'm not using a brush).

While using this foundation, I haven't noticed any streaking, caking, discoloring, or fading. It doesn't make my skin look/feel oily or dry, either. The title of the foundation is a very accurate description of how it looks on my face: CLEAN! This is a foundation that looks natural on my face, which I really can't complain about at all.

The bottle isn't very practical due to the consistency/texture of the foundation. Sometimes it's difficult trying to get the product out. A pump would have been better for this kind of foundation.

I really like this foundation. It looks and feels good on my face, and it evens out my skin tone with little product and little effort. I will make sure to update this review once the hotter seasons are here, just to see how this combats humidity.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in a rush when I ran out of my usual foundation the day before a party. I'd been planning to look at more expensive brands next time it came to buying a new foundation, because I am so pale and find it hard to find suitable shades in the drugstore brands. However, I worked both days and didn't have time to go to department stores and had to stick with the shops nearby. This was the only foundation left in a colour that was passable on my skin...it's still about half a shade-a shade too dark, but with some serious blending and MSFN in light over the top, it's alright for night time ( 105 Ivory). The smell is strong, but I don't mind it since my skin looked better taking off the foundation then it did when I put it on...the Noxema seems to work on my skin. I like the coverage, but it does seem to look cakey in face creases, in my chin crease especially, and a bit around the sides of my nose. It wouldn't blend away either. Not keen on the screw top bottle, it's messy and it's too easy to waste product. For the price though (on sale for $11 AUD), it did the job and didnt irritate or give me acne like so many foundations have in the past. Not sure if I would buy again, just because it's not an exact match, but for the price, it's ok and I can see why it has devotees.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by loovexemilyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Buff Beige - which I use during the summer so my face will match my tan. I generally like this line of CoverGirl foundation in the Oil-Free version, but the oil free version of this color was WAY too pink. So, I went with this instead, even though I have oily skin already. This gives great coverage. I think that is the only good thing about this. Other than that, it smells strongly of Noxzema, looks a lot lighter when you put it on than when you look at it from in the bottle, and (the one thing I really HATE about this foundation) it is shiny when you put it on! (I even tried putting this on right after I washed my face.. and it looked as if I had been out all day, sweating. My face was that shiny) Iffy product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by spoiledrotten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hated this stuff, this looked so cakey and fake and so unnatural. The color did nothing to try to diminish my pores, it just made them stand out more. I have really oily skin that about after and an hour it's shine city. This foundation was so oily it self it made my skin look even worse than it is. The only way i would recommend this product to someone is if they had really dry skin (not even!). Other than that don't waste your money, this went straight in my garbage.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Makemeup17

When i bought this product i was just looking for something with light to medium coverage since i am fair and have mild acne. I bought this in ivory and i hate the smell of it which i never noticed till i got home. I found that in the sun it looks way to orange, then my friend told me to try the same color in oil free and that its way less orange. since we are the same shade and I found it to be more like my shade but really hard to get out of the bottle, its also like it doesn't want to come out. overall it does the job but there is minimal options in shades.