October 30, 2014 | 1605 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by riama

It was too strong for my face ... it burned sometimes after I pat my face with a cotton pad that had a few drops of the solution. I just started to use it near my collarbone and low neck area for an extra clean, especially when I'm wearing white collar shirts. On my neck or face, it was strong. Now trying the alcohol free neutrogena solution!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by nivea646

Okay, to begin with, I have a very annoying dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin. Its nice and glowy most of the times, but one wrong use of a product makes it start breaking out and going on incessantly. Neutrogena, so far, is the best brand that takes care of my tender skin in a very gentle way.
I picked this toner mainly to wash off the left residue from makeup. Pore tightening came as an added advantage. It does a good job of cleansing my skin, and I have realized that when I stop using it, my skin starts breaking out or gets tons of white head, cuz my skin demands being cleaned very well.
Regarding the pore tightening, honestly I never cared to even notice any difference on the pores. I do have noticeable pores but as long as I dont have white heads, I'm good and this product helps me with that.
I would not rebuy this right after, because i feel that it is a little too strong for long term use as I am looking for something that doesn't have alcohol in it. I will try the alcohol-free toner from Neutrogena, and I may come back to this later on.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

This toner isn't all that for me.Its pretty basic didn't help with anything.It made my face red around certain are (mostly chin) but it made my face really soft and smooth.Doesn't control oil much ethier. This product didn't blow me away at allSo i won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought this as an impulse buy (just like another reviewer). I have large orange-rind type pores on my cheeks that stand out. It's so bad that even with a primer on foundation tends to still sink into them and make them look obvious. So I thought I'd buy this and it'd help the problem. I was hoping for temporary not permanent (although permanent would have been nice). I swear I'd save up a ton of money just for a product that'd shrink/tighten the pores for at least 4hrs. This wasn't it. I didn't see a difference at all. I actually had to stop using it within a few days because my skin broke out in acne all over. I'm hunting still for my receipt so I can get my money back on it. If you're acne prone like me then I wouldn't suggest you buying this. Have resilient skin that can handle anything? Go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by CristabelJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this as an impulse buy and it happened to be the best toner I've used so far! I have acne prone skin with large pores and black heads on my nose mostly, and have tried many different tiners from many brands, and this worked so well, I saw a major difference after the 3rd use, I started using this right after I had a fallout with a very harsh cleanser that dried my skin severely and this removed all the dry flaky skin from the surface and left my skin smooth and the pores actually did look alot smaller! Love, love this! And will definitely be repurchasing this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This toner is ok. It's good quality and removes any extra dirt or makeup after I wash my face. It also doesn't make me break out. My only issue with it is that it does not seem to be "pore refining." I didn't see any difference whatsoever to my actual skin tone, with continual use of this for about two months, every day. I give it a solid four out of five lippies, but I'm not sure if I would repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by autumnsylver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have really oily skin, so I also have large pores and blackheads on my nose that I have been trying to get rid of for years. I have tried dozens of products that claimed to get rid of blackheads and none of them have worked. Since I've been using this product (about 2 weeks), the pores on my nose are a lot smaller than they were before. I'm sure soon, you'll hardly be able to see them at all.
I get the best results when I use this right after using St. Ives medicated apricot scrub.
I find the smell really strong, and it also kind of burns my face if I put it on straight from the bottle (it has both alcohol *and* glycolic acid in it), so I mix it with a bit of water, and it's fine.
This is the only thing I have ever tried that has worked to get rid of the blackheads on my nose. You better believe I'll buy this again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by dietgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best toner I've found for everyday use on my sensitive, dry skin. It helps me keep blackheads and acne away, while not drying my skin and making it flaky. This is a very gentle toner which contains both AHA (glycolic acid) and BHA (salicylic acid) in it. However, the amount of each is probably quite low, and the package doesn't even list how much salicylic acid is in it! I tried to contact Neutrogena about this, and they told me to call them. :/ That being said, stronger toners with 2% salicylic acid are too harsh for my skin. This toner does not sting at all when applying it, and it still seems to work to keep my pores clear without drying out my skin. The smell of this toner is really nice, too, and it feels very refreshing (not irritating) to apply this to my skin. I like this so much that I order it online, as I can no longer find it in stores. For now, this is one of my HG products!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Sarahd1324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been having problems with cystic acne flare ups, and have tried all different kinds of medicines with no success. I read some of the reviews on here about this toner and decided to give it a try, and I'm so glad I did! Within a few days my skin was clear of any painful cysts. I think it's even making my skin tone brighter and clearer. Plus, I'm always surprised at how much residual dirt this toner helps me remove even after I wash my face.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this toner to anyone with dry skin, as it can be over-drying. I only use it once a day at night before I go to bed, but it works wonders for me since my skin is pretty oily by the end of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by MaiSilver

A very cheap solution on refining pores everyday
my pores are visibly smaller after few uses
however the strong scent, which I think it's the alcohol smell is so strong that everytime when I pad on my face, I feel like I am breathing in some kind of bad perfume that makes my brain freezes and sneeze the same time