Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner

3.5

Water Purified, SD Alcohol 40, Glycolic Acid, Witch Hazel, Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Extract, Peppermint Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Lactate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrances

on 8/29/2012 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Do not use if you are using BP, salicylic acid or glycolic acid/AHA or tretinion etc. anything that stimulates skin peeling. it STINGS. The fragrance was so strong, that alone made me decide to return it to the store.

on 8/28/2012 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Ouch! Talk about dry, and irritated skin after using this product! I was very hopeful and expecting of this toner to do as advertised--wrong! Not only did it cause me to break out, my skin developed an awful rash which made my chin area extremely red and my forehead ridiculously oily! If you have acne-prone and very oily skin such as myself, steer away from this toner and try something which is alcohol-free. For example, Clinique's "Mild" Clarifying lotion, not numbers 1-4 of their infamous 3 step system. I love Neutrogena, but this was just not for me.

on 8/16/2012 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm surprised. Usually most of the toner feels very dry on my skin, but this toner is really very soft. I absolutely love this toner. This controls oil, and decreases pore size. I have large pores. it helps to control my pore size.

on 6/29/2012 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am on my second bottle of this. It has a alpha and beta hydroxy;which translates to glycolic and salicylic acids. This is working ok for me. I like using a toner. It helps me to know for sure that I have removed all traces of makeup. My skin is dry in the winter, but right now it is normal, so this isn't too drying for me right now. After I use this, it seems my skin takes in my moisturizer better.
So far I am satisfied.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Too drying. I have oily/acne prone skin and this dried it up to a point where I started to break out. However, I would recommend this for spot treatments, because with the enormous amount of alcohol in this it really helps with disinfecting and drying up a zit. What I do is rip off the plug of a zit - don't pop - and soak up a cotton ball with this stuff and hold it over the zit for about five minutes, rewetting it with the toner every minute or so. Then after the toner has dried I apply some Clean and Clear Persagel 5 on top (benzoyl peroxide cream). The next day, the zit is significantly reduced. For it's actual purpose though, it's not good for putting all over your face on a daily basis. And seeing as my acne is clearing up due to other fabulous products, I probably won't need this so badly in the future, so I will not be repurchasing once I've finished the bottle.

on 4/20/2012 4:51:00 PM

I accidentally bought this toner at Walmart, but this was not so bad.Actually my skin looked healthy after I finished it. It contains alcohol,so it sting my skin. And it will dry really quick.sometimes it too much dry up. I'll not recommend this for someone who has sensitive skin. Definitely it going to be painful. Normal to Oily skin are probably okay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am very picky when comes to alot of things especially skin care since I do have acne prone skin, so shopping for facial products at drugstores can be very cumbersome. However, this product is one of the best drugstore brand toners I've used and I am quite pleased with my results. (1) This product contains glycolic acid, which is a difficult ingredient to find in most drugstore brands. Glycolic acid works well for me when treating acne, it dries out existing acne lesions reducing recovery time and it gives my skin a luminous glow that I haven't had in a long time. (2) Although it contains glycolic and salicylic acid it doesn't irritate my acne. Overall I'm pleased with this product and will keep it in my arsenal. If you have dry, sensitive skin or suffer from rosacea I would not recommend this product. It also contains alcohol, so if you don't like toners with this ingredient I wouldn't recommend.

on 3/25/2012 10:55:00 PM

Can I give it a 3.5?

The fact is that this toner does TONE and work well and couples with its ability to keep your skin more clear. In addition it does make your pores smaller as advertised.

However, it doesn't make a huge difference when it comes to the size of the pores as I would like it to. Pig pores are inherent in my family.

So I will be on a search for one that works a little better, if not this one will do as it is the best one I have used so far...

on 3/14/2012 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

no. not good sent back

on 3/13/2012 9:33:00 PM

This is my first bottle of this product, I am about halfway through and so far,\ I like it a lot and do plan to repurchase. I've been using the 'teen' marketed acne toners for years but at 25 I figure it's time to try something else. I am glad I did. As opposed to other toners I have used it is more effective at clearing my skin and less drying. Good and good. I have noticed my skin to be a little clearer, and since one of the the ingredients is aloe vera extract I find it doesn't strip all the moisture from my skin the way clean n clear did.. oops.