Philosophy Baby Grace

3.7

on 10/18/2008 12:29:00 PM

This does NOT smell like Desitin or baby powder: c'mon ladies, I think many of you are being influenced by the name of this rather than the actual scent. It's more of a soft floral with a creamy base rather than anything else. I bought the non-alcohol version of this years ago: it may be my favorite everyday fragrance of all time, but I was pissed that the scent lingered maybe 20 minutes on me. This spring I decided to give the spray fragrance a try, and the lasting power is better: if I give a couple of squirts to the back of my neck, apparently it's detectable via hug at the end of the day. (My grandmother told me she loved this on me but I bought her Amazing Grace 4 years ago and she's a total addict so she's a bit biased!) I only just realized that there's an eau de parfum and I think I may ask for that for my birthday, as the staying power of the spray is still not that great. Like many of you, I love the concept of Philosophy, the actual fragrances themselves (I also have Falling in Love, which I enjoy, Inner Grace, which can go sharp, and the Tea Party set), but not the staying power: they have the staying power of a BBW splash at double or even triple the price. Still, though, for a fresh, soft clean scent that actually agrees with my chemistry (Amazing Grace doesn't, though is smells lovely on Gram) and doesn't give me a migraine, Baby Grace is wonderful.

on 8/16/2008 4:52:00 PM

hah! my mom said this smells like desitin, too. she even brought home a sample to my stepdad because is cracked her up. i dont really get why somebody would want to smell like this....

on 7/8/2008 3:43:00 PM

I like all the philosophy sprays and have always received compliments on them. Mix them together to create a unique scent. The Baby Grace smells slightly like a newborn baby's head and kind of weird at first, but the scent that lingers hours later is a soft refreshing skin scent. The scents never over powers you and you can apply lavishly, it's great! Amazing Grace, Baby Grace and Pure Grace mixed together leave a beautiful aura of scent that lasts. Try the lotions to make it last even longer. Just what is it that we all want to smell like anyway?? Fresh and Beautiful is all I can say.

on 6/30/2008 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Let me be honest here; I did not buy this product. I tested it in the store with my daughter. Her description of the scent hit the nail on the head: "Mom, this smells just like Desitin!". I see from the reviews that some women like this, but frankly, I can't see why anyone would want to smell like the zinc oxide ointment that you put on a baby's bottom. Oh well, to each their own. While I don't like this fragrance at all, I do love Pure Grace which is one of my favorite scents. It's clean, fresh, and is very reminiscent of Ivory soap but better. I'll take it over Baby "Desitin" Grace anyday.

on 6/28/2008 1:57:00 PM

I am really not sure about this fragrance. On first spritz it does smell very much like parma violets and is very very sweet on me - years ago when I first smelt it, it was headache inducing and I just could not stomach it at all.
However over time the old body chemistry changes and I am a certain age and approaching a certain time in my life, and I have heard that this does affect how fragrances behave on the body.
This is a fragrance that does improve with time on me, and after about a half an hour it does dry down to a much softer more skin like fragrance, the parma violets are still there, but in a gentler more powdery form, and that gentleness gets better and better. And out of all the graces this has the greatest staying power on me. So I have given it 3 lippies, it isn't the best, but it isn't the worst and it does last.

I do love the "airplane approved" perfume bottles. They're actually affordable. Anyway, I do like this, and it is reminiscent of the smell of a baby's head. Baby shampoo? It's not exactly sophisticated, but it's pretty and sweet.

on 3/20/2008 8:01:00 PM

This is my new favorite its soft sweet & feminine, I layer it with "Pure Grace" for a unique scent. will buy again, wish it would last longer.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am very sensitive to fragrances, and even more so when pregnant. I did purchase this when I was expecting my daughter, whose name is...Grace! I went through a phase when she was a newborn, where I didn't really wear it, just because I figured I smelled like her anyway. I pulled this out, and have started wearing it again. I like the clean, light floral scent. Usually, heavy florals send me into a migraine, but this has not. I consider this an every day scent, not one that I would wear on date night, but to work or just out for the day. I would probably repurchase when this bottle is gone, unless I am able to find another fragrance that I like.

on 12/8/2007 7:08:00 PM

I love all phil. scents,and this is one of the ones I have to have. All Phil. scents are not overpowering, just soft. You have to use the gel, lotion,and then the spray to get it to last even a little bit, but I love it!!!!!

on 11/16/2007 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Subtle floral and soft powder scent. Perfect for easy day time used, I got the EDP so it is long lasting. I don't think i'd repurchase, though I liked it but i'm not so inlove about it. I find the bottle so very cute!

Popular Fragrances