Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

on 9/23/2012 9:15:00 PM

This did nothing to keep my make-up stay longer, nor controls oil - AT ALL- I'm very disappointed because this was super expensive, and even more for me because I had to order it on line to get it ( I heard good things about this so wanted to try it)

Th consistence is very light and feels light on the face as well, I think is also moisturizing, which may be the reason why it didn't work for me? I have very oily skin.
It didn't make my face looks better, the foundation didn't last longer, I still use it sometimes when I don't need my make-up to last long, just because it's expensive and I'd feel bad throwing this to the trash

on 9/22/2012 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I quite like this primer. It works very well with my mineral powder foundation. When it comes to mineral foundations, I find that the lotion-like primers work the best. When I use this and setting powder, my foundation lasts a long time. Some days I'm out of my home for 12+ hours. I never need to touch-up when I use this.

I find that it doesn't do a whole lot for oil control. However, it doesn't add to the problem. It's nothing that a few blotting papers won't fix.

This did not do anything for me, exact same results regardless of whether I wear it or not! Did not help control shine at all which is what I want. Also I felt like after applying this my face always looked momentarily red/irritated and I would have to wait several minutes for the redness to go away. Needless to say will not buy again and would not recommend this as a primer to anyone who wants mattifying/shine control or has sensitive skin.

on 7/25/2012 8:28:00 AM

I'm a bit dissapointed with this product. I have combinated skin and by the end of the day my T-zone got shiny. Besides it broke me out. Because of the packaging couldn't take it with me in my bag.

on 7/24/2012 7:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not too impressed with this to be honest. It didn't particularly help my foundation last and it certainly didn't keep my skin looking matte. My foundation/tinted moisturiser got very shiny (perhaps even more so than if I didn't use the primer)!
It didn't break me out as it has some others on here but I don't have sensitive skin...

on 7/23/2012 6:03:00 PM

I got a sample from sephora. It definitely did not mattify. I just used this on my nose, chin, and area beside my nose. I have been breaking out horribly in these areas and I think the primer must be the culprit, ESP. After reading some other reviews. I do have acne prone skin but I have been getting large pimples in areas I normally would not. I am sorry I tried this.

on 7/13/2012 10:26:00 AM

I got the sample from Sephora and have tried it a few times. It is a lotion consistency but I find that it goes on very sticky and doesn't spread very well over my sunscreen, nor does it help my foundation glide on better. It also makes my skin sting. I very much prefer both the smashbox primer and the hard candy primer over this.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received the sample size from sephora - I'm glad I didn't purchase a full tube. It was ok. Nothing to rave about, it did what it was supposed to do but I wouldn't buy again due to price.

on 6/11/2012 1:48:00 AM

Well, I really want to love this product coz I've seen so many good reviews of it. However, I have to say, it is not for my combination skin, especially in summer time. It may help my makeup sit better right after I apply , but soon it becomes oil and all foundation colors start to fade, and eventually I get shiny forehead in about 2 hours. I think it is probably better for dry/very dry skin type and very fair skin tone.

on 5/17/2012 6:47:00 PM

This foundation primer breaks me out in a horrible way.