January 27, 2015 | 1466 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by IamAleks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a bit dissapointed with this product. I have combinated skin and by the end of the day my T-zone got shiny. Besides it broke me out. Because of the packaging couldn't take it with me in my bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by scorpioh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not too impressed with this to be honest. It didn't particularly help my foundation last and it certainly didn't keep my skin looking matte. My foundation/tinted moisturiser got very shiny (perhaps even more so than if I didn't use the primer)!
It didn't break me out as it has some others on here but I don't have sensitive skin...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by hlzapf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample from sephora. It definitely did not mattify. I just used this on my nose, chin, and area beside my nose. I have been breaking out horribly in these areas and I think the primer must be the culprit, ESP. After reading some other reviews. I do have acne prone skin but I have been getting large pimples in areas I normally would not. I am sorry I tried this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Lulabelle13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got the sample from Sephora and have tried it a few times. It is a lotion consistency but I find that it goes on very sticky and doesn't spread very well over my sunscreen, nor does it help my foundation glide on better. It also makes my skin sting. I very much prefer both the smashbox primer and the hard candy primer over this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received the sample size from sephora - I'm glad I didn't purchase a full tube. It was ok. Nothing to rave about, it did what it was supposed to do but I wouldn't buy again due to price.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Ivyxoxo

Well, I really want to love this product coz I've seen so many good reviews of it. However, I have to say, it is not for my combination skin, especially in summer time. It may help my makeup sit better right after I apply , but soon it becomes oil and all foundation colors start to fade, and eventually I get shiny forehead in about 2 hours. I think it is probably better for dry/very dry skin type and very fair skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by moni66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation primer breaks me out in a horrible way.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by HellloKitty84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this primer breaks me out like nothing else!!!! I have used it twice and now its gone!!! thank god I did not buy it!!!! I got it as a points perk at sephora!!! horrrrrrrible do not try it if you have acne prone skin or even combo normal/oily

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I like that this feels like a lotion and sinks in. It doesn't break me out in pimples (I'm pretty acne prone). Yet, like all primers for me, this doesn't really tend to do what a primer is "supposed" to do. It doesn't make my foundation go on easier, doesn't help hide imperfections, doesn't help combat my oily areas, and doesn't keep my foundation on or last longer through the day. In fact I found that with this primer my oily areas were worse on the days that I used this primer. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless you want a placebo effect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The lady at Saks 5th Ave gave me a free sample of this because I went in to buy the Tinted Moisturizer and I refused to buy the primer she was trying to sell me. Ironically enough, I wanted to buy the mineral powder to put on top of my TM, but she said I didn't need that. OH well, her loss on a sale because I waltzed right over to Sephora and bought what I really wanted. :)

So back to the primer, I have normal/dry skin. I am biased because I don't get the point of primer. I always put a moisturizer on my face as soon as I step out of the shower before any make up. So, I don't get the point of putting a primer on over top of a moisturizer and then putting on a TM. Maybe this will come in handy in the winter when I use a full coverage foundation.

I didn't notice that this did anything at all. I still don't see the point of a primer and frankly, I feel like it is a waste of time to bother with it. It didn't break me out though, so that is cool. I mean I don't really have anything bad to say about it because I didn't pay for it, but had I actually spent money on it, I'd be peeved.

If it works for you, cool, but I won't waste time or money on it. I think I'm going to give mine to a friend who likes primers.