July 28, 2014 | 2174 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I like that this feels like a lotion and sinks in. It doesn't break me out in pimples (I'm pretty acne prone). Yet, like all primers for me, this doesn't really tend to do what a primer is "supposed" to do. It doesn't make my foundation go on easier, doesn't help hide imperfections, doesn't help combat my oily areas, and doesn't keep my foundation on or last longer through the day. In fact I found that with this primer my oily areas were worse on the days that I used this primer. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless you want a placebo effect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The lady at Saks 5th Ave gave me a free sample of this because I went in to buy the Tinted Moisturizer and I refused to buy the primer she was trying to sell me. Ironically enough, I wanted to buy the mineral powder to put on top of my TM, but she said I didn't need that. OH well, her loss on a sale because I waltzed right over to Sephora and bought what I really wanted. :)

So back to the primer, I have normal/dry skin. I am biased because I don't get the point of primer. I always put a moisturizer on my face as soon as I step out of the shower before any make up. So, I don't get the point of putting a primer on over top of a moisturizer and then putting on a TM. Maybe this will come in handy in the winter when I use a full coverage foundation.

I didn't notice that this did anything at all. I still don't see the point of a primer and frankly, I feel like it is a waste of time to bother with it. It didn't break me out though, so that is cool. I mean I don't really have anything bad to say about it because I didn't pay for it, but had I actually spent money on it, I'd be peeved.

If it works for you, cool, but I won't waste time or money on it. I think I'm going to give mine to a friend who likes primers.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by AshleyLovesMakeupx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This would regularly be out of my price range, but I managed to pick up the 1 oz tube for a very cheap price. I don't like the packaging because a lot of product gets out and the top gets icky, and I didn't find that this product made my foundation go on any smoother or last any longer. The worst part about this is that it gives me a zit every time I wear it. The last time I applied it onto my chin and a small portion of my cheeks, I awoke the next morning to four pimples on the former region.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by pinkeyey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this a few years ago when I was browsing for primer. I have some dry and oily spots on my face, so makeup looks flaky on me. tthis primer doesn't do a great job in blending the two. In fact, I don't really notice much of a difference. The oily parts are still oily, and the dry parts are still dry.
The primer is milky white, but it applies clear. it's suppose to be unscented, but it smells a little bit like plastic to me (but nothing over powering). After applying a thin layer, my skin feels a little tight (kinda like when a face mask dries). But then, when I put my makeup on over it, I actually think it's worst than if I just had moisturiser on. This is not a good product for me.
For this price, I would chose another product. I also have the tinted moisturizer, which I like a little better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by 600pounds

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample from Sephora and it has a light lotion consistency so it spreads easily on the face. However this lotion doesn't really do anything for me. I don't notice it extending the longevity of my makeup or mattifying my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by lizyu6688

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

this primer drys out my face completely! I have no moisture left on my face after I tried it. I told the rep that I have dry skin. She said I should use this primer so that it will control the shine on my face. So I purchased it. Horrible! My face was so dry that for the first time in my life I saw dry patches on my skin one hour after applying this primer and LM loose powder. I also saw some peelings around my nose at the end of the day. So ladies with dry skin, be careful when you try this primer. It will suck all moisture out of your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by bryanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this. I'm not a fan of silicone based primers and I had high hopes for this one but it just wasn't good. It felt really nice going on but it caused my face to become really oily by mid-day. That's not good considering I can go without primer and not get oily! Returned to Sephora after a couple days of use.. I hate returning stuff but I just can't use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never had any problems with foundation staying on but I still use this product from time to time. I am unsure if it helps but it doesn't make my makeup look any different so I use it sometimes. I normally use it when I know it's gonna be a long day or it's gonna be one of those days where I might sweat a little or get a little oily. I know that switching products may make me break out and it did the first week I started testing it out. However, now it does not make me break out. I like that the product is light weight and does not dry out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by amiscione

This product really helped my foundation stay on for up to 8 hours. I use this primer along with the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, consealer, and powder. The product moisturizes my face and glides on easily. It blend well, and you only need a pearl sized drop for your whole face. Over all I really loved his product!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this as a sample from Sephora because I was curious and new to the whole 'primer' idea. I'm glad I got a sample and didn't actually buy it because I hated it. It didn't break me out or cause any iritation, but I hated the smell. It didn't do anything a primer was suppose to do for me. The only redeeming quality is the texture of the primer itself. It's more like a lotion versus the silicone-y feeling of others (e.g. smashbox) The texture reminds me somewhat of the MAC prep & prime (but the MAC one is waaay better than this) continued >>