July 29, 2014 | 917 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Extra Volume Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2005 2:47:00 AM More reviews by sagrules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Actually it is the only one giving my hair extra volume. Tried several different ones like Treme, Aussie, etc. This one works out the best!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2005 10:40:00 PM More reviews by sasxo76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have long, fine hair and I used this shampoo w/the Extra Volume conditioner. I really loved the way it made my hair feel big & light, but after a couple of hours, the static was unbearable! I even used a leave-in conditioning spray (Biolage daily leave-in tonic) but the static was still out of control. Too bad, because it's cheap and smells good.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2005 3:17:00 AM More reviews by KarynBlaine310

Ick -- both this and the conditoner made my scalp itch terribly and weighed it down. Extra Volume? Try extra flatness. I seem to have problems with all of the Dove hair care products I try. By the way I have short, fine, colour-treated hair that is prone to split ends and breakage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2004 8:31:00 PM More reviews by totorotummy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got this from Costco, and I like the pump. Dispenses just the right amount of shampoo. I have really fine, straight hair, and although I don't I don't see a big difference in volume, it does moisturize without weighing it down. This shampoo smells really nice and makes my hair soft :) I don't need to use conditioner. But after I used it for a while, my hair started to feel greasy. I think I need to alternate this with a clarifying shampoo. Stil like it, though!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2004 10:56:00 PM More reviews by heatherajustice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this shampoo and conditioner. It doesn't weigh my hair down like a lot of others do. It has a nice fresh scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2004 11:35:00 AM More reviews by laura4957

I don't really like that many drugstore brand shampoos but I thought I'd give this one a try. I hated it. My hair felt greasy, lifeless and heavy after using this shampoo just once. I think I tried it for another week and then threw it out. I was definintely surprised that this could come from Dove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2004 9:54:00 PM More reviews by teddy_toilet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before Dove came out with all their hair products, I loved Dove. The soap was soo nice on my super-sensitive skin, and the smell was so good and so fresh. Now, they've taking it to a whole new level with their hair products. I love how moisturizing this shampoo is and the smell is soo good, and the conditioner is great too. I think, that when I bought extra-volume, I should've bought beautifly clean, because my hair isn't really thin. UPDATE: I'm trying new shampoos but I always come runnin' back to Dove:).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2004 11:05:00 PM More reviews by honeybearkitty

Very average product. It smells nice. The bottle is fairly small compared to other shampoos.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2004 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe it. SURELY this isn't happening to ME?!?!?! Have I FINALLY found a shampoo that actually gives my hair BODY and VOLUME?!?!?! YES!!!!!!!!!! This stuff is fabulous! I could feel a difference in the texture of my hair as soon as I rinsed the shampoo out. It felt so much thicker. When it's dry, it's fluffy and bouncy. And I can't begin to tell you how extraordinary that is for my otherwise fine and lifeless hair. A couple of drawbacks that are keeping this from being a full-on 5 lippies: I think the shampoo causes a bit of build-up, so I'm going to need to use a good clarifying shampoo once or twice a week. And the little flip-top is kinda hard to flip open. (What can I say? I'm lazy.) But overall, I think I've found my new favorite shampoo! (Sorry, Neutrogena Clean. We had a good 5 year relationship. But it's time to move on.)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2004 7:15:00 PM More reviews by doggerel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hair is fine and straight. If I let it air dry before combing, it has some body, but if I comb it while it's wet, it dries perfectly straight. I know that's trendy now, but it's not what I'm after, so normally I just air dry. This shampoo didn't volumize my hair. I didn't notice any difference, actually. Don't like the bottle: It's so tall and narrow it falls over at the slightest touch.