October 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avene - Soothing Eye Contour Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by carita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First, I need to say that this is not the cream for those with very dry skin or for those who want to get rid of fine lines.
Since I don’t have any lines around eyes yet, I started using it as a prevention. The cream is very light and moisturising. It sinks well into the skin. It also helps with minimizing dark circles – I’ve noticed that I need to use lesser amount of concealer. The general appearance of my under-eye area is also improved.
Another thing I like about this cream is that it doesn’t have any fragrance, so there less probable that it will cause irritations.
This is definitely my HG eye treatment (until I need to find something stronger).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by CaraC

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great simple eye cream to provide moisture to the eye area without irritation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by watera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great cream, it leaves my eye area feeling very smooth and soft, but that's about it. I currently don't have fine lines nor puffy under eyes so I can't say how this product would help in that area. However during busy weeks when I find the skin around my eyes to be a slightly dark yellowish colour, I can say this cream doesn't really help me out :( I will say I do have sensitive skin and occasional eczema, and so far this cream does not irritate my skin at all! :)

But I will say that I also use this cream as a primer for my MAC eye shadow and it works wonderfully! It makes the colours as vibrate as you see them in the pot.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by SofiyaKievskaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this eye cream. It’s a light moisturizing product without fragrance and other irritating ingredients. It comes in a tube, which is a very important aspect for an eye cream. This product is better then my previous eye cream - “Rectifiance Intense Eye” by Chanel. I liked this Chanel product at first but after some months of use my eyes began to itch and I realized that microbes breeded in its jar probably. What an annoyance considering Chanel is such an expensive brand! What’s more, Avene eye cream moisturizes even better than Chanel.
I take off one lippy because in this in general very good cream there are no new cell stimulating ingredients (such as retinyl palmitate, for example).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by pureskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive eyes and this product is so gentle that it could be applied throughout the entire eye area. This light cream absorbs nicely and soothes. Not heavy at all and wont cause white bumps or puffiness under eyes. Does nothing for dark circles and will not "erase" wrinkles. I highly recommend this product for people in their 20's and 30's as a preventive measure for eye-area aging. Great day product, but for repairing my fine lines, I have yet to find. Overall its the best product my eyes tolerate as it gently hydrates. I always have this product with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by barbiH

As many others have said, this is an excellent, soothing eye cream for sensitives (or normal skin). It's a very simple formulation that hydrates even the finickiest skin. I recently developed some eye dermatitis and this restored my flaky eye area very quickly. Thumbs up from me. ♥
INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, PEG 12, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Batyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Carbomer, Dextran Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Glucoside continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best product I never knew I needed:-) Over the years I have become something of a skin care junkie in the quest to find the perfect products for my finicky skin. I now have a cabinetful of La Roche-Posay, Skinceuticals, MyChelle, Topix, Dermalogica, Clarins and Avene products which I regularly use (and that's just for my face). I had thought about trying this product before but was in no big hurry since I could pick it up at any time at CVS, and Skinceuticals eye cream was working really well for me. When CVS put all their Avene on clearance, prior to discontinuing the line, I figured I'd give it a go. I actually use this in addition to the Skinceuticals. That goes all around the orbital area, this goes on my eyelid, an area that I have never actually moisturized before. It really helps! They never felt dry to me before but I did have some redness which tended to make me look tired. Now I look wide awake and refreshed and it absolutely never stings my eyes, even though in putting it on so close to my eyes, I often miss and get some IN my eyes. Highly recommended. EDIT 9/08: I stopped using this. Like the Avene spray, it eventually caused weird breakouts in my eyebrows:-(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 9:23:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is a simple eye cream which is really gentle and moisturizing. I have used all sorts of eye creams and I always tend to react negatively to them (i.e. sensitivity around the eye area, redness, little pimples around the eye area, etc). Upon using this, it really calmed my irritated skin, and feels good as it dries quickly and dosn't feel sticky. It is expensive considering the amount you get (10ml) in a tube. It goes for $22 CDN which I think is too pricey, but I will continue to purchase it because this is the only eye cream that I can wear without irritating my skin around my eyes AND the other eye creams out there in the market are super more expensive. Wish Avene either bumped the volume to at least 15 or 20 ml or at least brought down the price of this product. Oh well. Regardless, this to me is the HG of eye creams!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2008 2:17:00 AM More reviews by sypat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice light moisturizer for the eye area. However that's the problem, it's not moisturizing enough for me. I live in Arizona which is HOT and dry all year round (except maybe monsoon season which doesn't really last long). Overall I think it isn't a bad product, it just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by only_ricco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a simple eye cream, it doesn't do any magic, but it's gentle and moisturizing. I used to like more "strong" stuff that contains some active ingredient such as Retinol, but the skin around my eyes got very sensitive recently so I turned to this Avene eye cream. It calmed my irritated skin, and is moisturizing enough even for winter.