April 23, 2014 | 2026 users online

Toners - LUSH - Tea Tree Water

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lala1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this! I have oily, spot prone, sensitive skin and this is a god send. It seems near impossible to find a toner for acne prone skin that doesn't contain alcohol, but this is great for my easily irritated skin and soothes and calms whilst fighting spots at the same time. It's not a miracle worker but is the best toner I have found, and it actually seems to do more than just refresh like the other gentle toners I have tried. The large bottle is reasonably priced and lasts a decent while. The small ones are great for travel too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't think I want to live without this toner. I was using Breath of Fresh Air, but my pores were still getting clogged up and besides the fact that it smelled good and felt refreshing, it wasn't doing much of anything else. I've been having some bad break outs as a result of a medication I'm taking, and so I decided to give Tea Tree Water a try instead. This stuff is AMAZING. This would probably have to be one of my favorite items from Lush (and I own a ton of lush). A combination of this, Herbalism and Ultrabland has started clearing up my skin finally! After washing my face with Herbalism, I soak a cotton pad in this and wipe all over my face. I then spritz it on my face and put on moisturizer while my face is still damp with Tea Tree Water. I use it AM, PM, after working out, whenever! It helps make my foundation go on smoother as well. I can't say enough about this toner. It's not very moisturizing so I definitely do have to use a moisturizer, but I can't believe right before my eyes my spots are fading!! If you have acne definitely give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Bermygirl1206

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this toner!!!!!!
Its not harsh at all on my skin, it doesn't dry it out at all either!! Its absolutely perfect. It takes away excess oil, and makeup, or you just spritz if you're feeling overheated and sticky, and BAM, you have nice fresh skin again xD

Its hella expensive, though. But it will last you a very long time. Definitely worth the price.
This actually managed to clear up my skin a few years ago the first time I tried it.

I used this with Coal Soap, and my skin cleared up dramatically.
I loooooove this toner, its absolutely perfect!! <3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If I could give this a 3.5 lippies I would. I'm pretty neutral about it, but I do enjoy it. It isn't a totally "blah" product but it isnt like HOLY GRAAAAIIILLL either. Having said that I will finish up my GIANT bottle of this, and probably won't repurchase.

I do like the product quite a bit. I think what I love most is the VERY short ingredient list with the two star ingredients (tea tree water and grapefruit water) right at the top of the list. This means you are getting pure ingredients being sprayed onto your skin. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it smells. I use this morning and night and after a good cleanse it is the best thing ever.

The instructions say you can spray this directly onto your face or onto a cotton pad then wipe across your face. I prefer the direct spray method as it can fully absorb into the skin and provide that extra kick of moisture, not just wiping away the ingredients.

I have semi-sensetive skin that is combo all year, but more dry in the winter around my nose and chin. I think this has helped to "balance" the oils in my skin resulting in a smoother surface.

I do not think this product is ESSENTIAL in your skincare routine but if you think you need that extra kick of acne fighting go for it!

UPDATE: FINALLY finished my giant bottle of this and didn't repurchase so I didn't use it for around 3 months and I don't think my skin needs it. A lot of time with products my skin NEEDS if I go off of it for too long my skin is not in a happy place. But having not used this for a bit my skin is fine so I'm not going to repurchase. I did, however, introduce this to a friend and it helped clear up her acne in a little over two weeks! Everyone reacts differently to products so definitely try it yourself before you buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

I have sensitive, acne-prone combination skin. I have been using this toner water for 2 years as part of a twice-daily regimen, beginning with Lush's Angels on Bare Skin, then the toner water, then Lush's Vanishing Cream moisturizer. Before I started this regimen, I had suffered from severe cystic acne for 12 years. My dermatologist told me my final option was Accutane, which I declined to use. I'm still shocked that after all those medical approaches, Lush is what cured my face.

Here's a before & after photo for you:
(In the second two photos, I'm also wearing Bare Minerals original foundation, mineral veil, and and warmth bronzer.)

PROS
--- easy to use with no mess -- just a few quick sprays and I'm done
--- calms my skin and prevents break outs
--- gentle with no chemicals (doesn't make my face burn!!)
--- can be used on legs, pubic area, etc. to prevent ingrown hairs (it makes a big difference!)
--- can be sprayed on your back to clear up acne / remove black heads (did this with my bf)

CONS
--- seems kind of expensive, but usually lasts me about 4-5 months, which is ~$5.48 per month.
--- not easy to travel with unless you buy the little bottle, but it's overpriced; I recycled an older travel-sized spray bottle instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 5:39:00 AM More reviews by annahch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one Lush product that I have consistently repurchased. Not only does it smell beautiful, it is really an excellent toner and spot treatment for little blemishes. It's also nice to spray on my face after a stressful day, the smell makes me feel very relaxed for some reason. I tend to use 3-4 sprays over my face after cleansing or using a mask. Sometimes I use it after taking a shower as well. I've never had a problem with break-outs as a result of using this, in fact, the tea tree oil in this tends to calm down any bad skin I have.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by kaemakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! Pure goodness in a bottle. This toner is very refreshing, I love spraying this on my face 4 to 5 times at the end of a long day. It calms my skin plus I love that I dont have to use cotton to apply this. Spraying is so much better! Although I cant seem to tell whether this helps in eliminating acne, I will continue using this bec it's refreshing and for it's antibacterial properties. Alcohol free toners are so much good for the skin it's not harsh and never leaving my face so tight and dry (which results to more oil i think)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by missjessica83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Makes my skin feel amazing. Keeps me matte, refreshes when applied and works well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

Well, as nice and refreshing as this feels to spray on my face, I find that it really does nothing for me, good or bad. I could just spritz water on my face for the same effect :( I do love the bottle and the spritzer is just perfect, so when this runs out I plan to reuse the bottle for other purposes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by jacobjunior12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Best toner I ever tried. Keeps me matte all day and helps with blemishes, but is hydrating at the same time (not oily)