MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder

3.8

Talc, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Tetrasodium Edta, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Ultramarines, Ci 19140

on 2/26/2010 12:09:00 PM

I do not like this powder at all! It does not give the dewy glow i like and it causes breakouts. It also makes me look orange like oompa loompa! colour is nc 20 0r 25 i cant remember. it also does not make your face feel smooth. This is a very average product. There are hundreds of powders out there which are soo much better. Better skip this one.

on 2/4/2010 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder works well for setting my foundation, and helping control oil. It lasts forever! Much longer than the compacts do, in my opinion. Will repurchase if mine ever runs out : )

on 2/2/2010 6:24:00 PM

This is a great product, I used to use the Bobbi Brown sheer powder but this is so much better priced. Product is a nice light setting powder, with nice colors to chose from. I hope the make it for a long time.

on 11/29/2009 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a very nice powder to set foundation or TM with. I have tried this on it's own, but it is really just about too sheer for that. It is a very finely milled powder and it goes on velvety smooth. I like that the sheerness of this powder makes the color I choose (NW20) blend right in with my skin whether I am darker in the summer, or more pale in the winter. Also, I think it gives excellent oil control without making my face feel dry. I don't powder with this (or any other for that matter,) under the eye as I find that only accentuates fine lines and wrinkles at my age. This is great everywhere else!

on 10/3/2009 4:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm really surprised at how well this powder controls my oiliness. I consider my skin to be pretty oily, but I actually didn't even need to touch up for the whole day. Well, considering I used this when the weather was colder, I'm not sure how well it would hold up in the summer heat. I like MAC because it really matches my skintone, so that is a plus. I didn't break out from it, but my only complaint would be that this is a stay at home product. I don't feel comfortable with throwing this in my purse and having it explode of powder when I open it up (it's in one of those mineral powder containers). I think it will last me a while, even if I use it everyday. Overall, very pleased.

on 9/30/2009 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I don't know if this product broke me out or what- But something I'm using is breaking me out, and I'm using so many new products it's hard to tell which it is.

I didn't notice anything special about this product. It didn't seem to make my skin look super nice at all. It also was dark on my light skin. I got the NW15. I mean let me be fair, it is powder so it isn't too thick so you can't see it too well, but if it was put on thicker it would be too dark. Basically I would probably not repurchase this.
continued >>

on 9/21/2009 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is actually a really good loose powder and i don't use them at all until four of my eight sisters recommended i get it to set my foundation to get a really flawless look and im so glad i took heed. I got the powder in nc45, i actually had the pressed version of this but that one for some strange reason oxidized as the day went on however this one does not. It's very sheer and fine milled and it made my face look incredibly airbrushed, i used it in conjunction to my new prescriptives custom blend foundation, great combo, throughout the day i use mac's blot for touch ups. I will be however going to get my loose powder custom blended since the lady at macy's did an awesome job putting my foundation together. I do wish they added a puff, other than that, great stuff.

on 8/21/2009 2:29:00 PM

this product BROKE ME OUT.
and i RARELY break out .
this product is also very messy because everytime youopen the twist lid, the product is already filled up to the top. therefore when you dip your brush in it, you are actaully taking more than you need.

on 8/20/2009 11:09:00 AM

This powder is great. I use it to set my foundation and under eye concealer and it does a good job of taking away extra shine without making my face cakey or dry looking. Has a nice soft velvety finish. Great powder.

on 7/19/2009 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I NEED this powder. I LOVE it! it sets my foundation, and it can be reapplied at the end of the day after work if Im in a rush, right on top with out getting cakey.

Recommended for Normal Skin