Sephora Eyeshadow

3.6

on 2/12/2009 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Probably the worst eyeshadow I have ever had. This is the 2nd Sephora eyshadow quad I have bought and I am done. For the price, there's hardly any pigment. You have to put on so much that it is just ridiculous. Honestly, every drug store brand I have is way better than this. I like other Sephora products but I will not be using any more of this stuff. Waste!

on 11/23/2008 7:58:00 PM

I bought the bronzey gold quad and whilst the colours are pigmented and stayed put on my oily lids, I find the bronze too orangey on my lids, as I found out that I cant do too much orange as it makes my eyes look too puffy.
The colours are blendable but the applicator included wasnt as good as the ones from maybe Kate or Lashcva (sp?), so best use your won brushes.
Another limitation to the quad is that cos the eyeshadow pan is so slim, its so difficult to get my brush to grab the eyeshadow.
If I get the chance to go to a Sephora, I will definately get myself other eyeshadows in colours that suit me

on 11/17/2008 9:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

For the price, I was expecting a whole lot more from this eyeshadow. I received the Colorful Eye Shadow Palette in Camel Leon 12, which consists of a deep olive green with gold glitter, golden olive, golden tan, and a shimmery pink. First off, both the golden olive and golden tan just come off as golden on my eyes...there is very little difference in color. One has an oliver greenish tint, and the other is just gold. The shadows also aren't very pigmented, as I have to layer on the colors quite a bit. Finally, the shadows are quite hard, as I have to scrape my brush over the shadows repeatedly just to get any color. I just started using these with a base, however, and was much more impressed with the color payoff. The shadows finally showed their true colors with the base. And for what it's worth, they did look quite pretty. For the price of these shadows, though, I don't think you should have to wear a base underneath. Anyways, the Camel Leon palette comes off as fairly neutral on me.

Quality: Not even the darkest shadow, the deep olive green, comes off as very deep on my eyes. The shadows are, however, easy to blend and have good staying power; unfortunately, after several months, the shadows have become hard and more difficult to pack on the brush.

Packaging: It holds up well, and I haven't noticed much wear and tear. However, I dislike the rows of eyeshadow. Since they're so thin, it's harder for me to swipe my brushes in them. It would have been better to package each shadow more evenly, so that each shadow would have bigger dimensions. The tiny sponge applicator is cheap, scratchy, and unusable. I only use it when I need to apply the crease color, since my other brushes barely pick up the color.

on 11/6/2008 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Probably the worst eyeshadows I ever had. The shades are not very pigmented. Some shades have pieces of glitter in it and the glitter ends up everywhere on my face except on my eyelids. Without eye-shadow primer, it doesn't stay long on the eyelids.

This is a review for the new Colorful 9 palette in N02 Amethyst Harmony, you know, the one with the 9 teeny eyeshadow "bullets" in a round palette. Ok, the amount of product is not much, but the palette is very cute, and the price of 15,90 Euros is not bad for it. For me it was love at first sight! I can honestly say that I have never seen colors so well coordinated in a palette before! It has the most incredible shimmery (the shimmer is slightly golden in all colors, but very fine) shades of beige, brown, amethyst (or more a deep plum), violet and golden pink colors... I can also honestly say that I simply love all the colors and have great use of them. They look amazing with a plum or brown eyeliner (may I suggest Sephora's own Flashy brown or Electro Choc ;) ). They do also work awesomely with my cool toned ppp complexion. I have green eyes btw.
I have read some complaints about this as far as color payoff. I personally do not like hyper pigmented stuff, and this one gives a perfectly delicate, shimmery, but playfully and elegantly colorful result, which I prefer.
As for the size... I actually do appreciate that the amount is smaller, as I will only use this item to smudge out my eyeliner a bit in the frames of my everyday 'wash + liner' look. I apply a wash of my HG pale pink or almond\vanilla eyeshadow and match an eyeliner to it. Then I "smoke out" the eyeliner a bit with one of these little gems :) Once again, the color selection is just perfect, as it has different tones within the colors I actually can use.
I can absolutely see myself repurchasing this item for the above mentioned purpose. It is indeed for me very handy and useful.

on 9/30/2008 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I was surprised how well Sephora's e/s compared in regards to other expensive brands. They last long and they are very pretty colors! I always buy the palettes where you can get about 90 shadows for less than $50!

on 8/17/2008 10:54:00 PM

I have the Colorful Mat #1 - Black and the Colorful Duo Cream/Powder #7 - Mauve Harmony.
I'll start with the black shadow - The packaging is good and the shadow is pigmented. I use it for my crease or wet as liner. My only complaint is it's not that easy to blend but it will if you force it! Oh, and I don't think it's a completely true black - more of a dark charcoal.
The mauve duo - Packing is also good. The medium purple powder is pretty sheer, but I like it. It blends well and it's shimmery. The light purple cream is kind of chunky but it's also pretty. I got this on sale for six bucks which is good considering the pan is pretty big. I don't think I would have paid the original $16 for it, though.
Overall I would describe these shadows as 'good.' Both will crease without primer but many eyeshadows do. I would give a 3.5 if I could - 7/10. I'll probably check out some more colors!

on 7/19/2008 10:09:00 PM

Sephora eyeshadow compact for brown eyes. Pretty colors, but the the contour colors there is hardly ANY! NOT cost effective, those would get used before the others, and at $26 not worth it! The colors themselves are pretty, various plum peach beige tones, but not enough of each color to justify the price. Cons:No mirror. At least MAC Holiday palettes have mirrors!

on 6/27/2008 3:17:00 PM

I paid $10 for this eyeshadow in black, This particular one that i have is very mat, and very long lasting. I always have to be very careful when applying because if i mess up i have to use eye makeup remover to get it off becaues it is hard to blend. Overall good product though.

on 4/26/2008 5:14:00 AM

I have a Chrome eyeshadow n 3 and the quality is good , I haven't the need of UDPP .
The price is cheap , the packaging too ^^ but the colors are sweet for this price :)