MAC Lustre Lipstick - Pretty Please

3.9

I kept using up my lipglasses, I needed something for the lips that would last longer than lip gloss and not run outttt!.. so I decided to invest into a lipstick! I bought this color because after trying it on, it was sheer-ish like a lipgloss.. it was the perfect nude on me because I have very non-pigmented lips and it was overall a great pale lip look! I love it! The shimmers are super subtle and pretty! I will re purchase when running out :) it is going to be my nude chapstick that won't run out like my lipglasses do!haha Lasts a decent amount of time and never settles or looks funny after a while like shifting lipsticks or lipsticks that settle into corners/lines/inside of lips! You can apply without looking because it's a lustre and you can just smack lips together to fix up!

on 10/10/2010 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

When I first saw this at the counter. I was lil iffy on buying it. I went home and I could not stop thinking about it. So i gave in and bought it.When I say I love this lipstick...I love it. It reminds me of there lipgloss oyster girl with out the thickness feeling. It has enough gloss to even look like a l/g. But great enough for a l/s. Its a pale pink that works great for a nude type l/s. I will def repurchase this l/s.

on 9/17/2010 5:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really love this lipstick! It is a lustre, so it's pretty sheer, but the color is beautiful! It's a light pink, with kind of lavender undertones. I find myself reaching for the lipstick almost everyday now. You don't need a lipgloss over it like with a lot of my other mac lipsticks, because their is already so much shine. This color looks good with a smokey eye, as well as with a more natural look. I would definitely repurchase!

on 9/13/2010 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am in love/not in love with this color. I wish it was more opaque to begin with and that I didn't have to excessively layer this color to get the pretty pink lip. I love the light pink-purple irredescence of this lipstick, but it is so sheer and so glittery at the same time I do not see myself wearing this on a daily basis at work without feeling like a clown. It does remind me of a less purple version of snob, but then again snob has more color payoff being a satin finish. I think this lipstick would be great if it jus had a better finish. Love the light pink color,not the almost frost finish that it gives off.

on 9/9/2010 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So pretty! It is a very light pink almost lavender lipstick. Probably best for people with more pigmented lips because it would be easy to get washed out with this one as with most pale pink or beige lipcolours.. It is a lustre so its more sheer but still buildable. Looks lovely on its own or paired with a pink gloss.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was at the mac counter at macy's attempting to look for a lady gaga lipstick. The SA pointed out pretty please and politely pink. I choose pretty please. This color is very versatile. I find the best way to wear this is to dab it on your lips instead of dry rubbing it onto the lips. That way you have a lesser chance of looking like tyrone biggums. It comes off as very sheer if you dab it on... but that's the whole point of lustre finishes... its suppose to look like gloss without the sticky feeling. I also like to put Suntint liquid lip balm (color is Full of Grace) on first, then dab a little of pretty please on top. You can also work jellybabe lipgelee underneath and add pretty please for some dimension.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This was my first ever MAC Product. I was so pretty pleased ; ) , and my interest in MAC shot up after that! This is the prettiest light pink everr! You could pair this with MAC Lipglass in Heart-Throb to get a glossy look to it. I am actually almost out and NEED to repurchase, which I will do in the near future! Its kinda glittery and shimmery, supa nicee!

Third from the left:

continued >>

on 5/27/2010 12:44:00 PM

My fav. lipstick at the moment! It looks even better now that I have a bit of sun!

Just be careful.. I just recently went on a girls weekend and all of us tried it on, and it made some of the girls looks scary - went on their lips almost white! try it out before you buy it!

on 5/26/2010 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is by far my favorite nude lipstick of all time. It was one of the first mac lipsticks I purchased, and I'll definitely continue to buy this in the future. I absolutely love nude and pink lipsticks, but I have to be really careful since I have dark skin (NW 50) and fairly big lips. Sometimes nudes can make my lips look white or dead, and some pinks can exaggerate the size of my lips. Popular mac nudes like myth and blankety just wouldn't work for me, but this one is just perfect, especially since its a pink nude. I love the sheer, light pink finish and the fact that I can pair it with so many types of lipglosses for a different effect. Its just so pretty that I sometimes find myself just admiring the tube. I would definitely recommend this to just about anyone since it would work well on a broad range of skin tones.

on 5/23/2010 6:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I still dont know what to make of this lipstick. I rarely find myself reaching for it. I only use this because I want a glossy texture but dont want to actually wear lipgloss but I could find that finish with any other lustre lipstick. I think the colour is very frosty and light and looks very white on my lips. I like to put concealer or foundation over my lips to erase my lip colour but I find I look a little dead but if I dont use concealer I can still see my natural lip colour through the lipstick because lustres tend to be very sheer. I dont know if i would repurchase this lipstick, well not anytime soon at least. I dont think I will use this up too quickly anyway.

Popular Lipsticks