Wet 'n' Wild polish

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was really surprised by the negative comments on this polish so I decided to do a little experiment. I gave myself both a manicure and a pedicure using a brand new bottle of WnW Crystalic nail color in 474B (aka Royal Red). I first coated my nails with WnW base coat (which I have also reviewed) and then put on two layers of this red polish, allowing in-between drying time. I found the brush to be kind of awkward to handle and the texture to be a little too slick/watery. I ran out of my quick drying top coat so I topped the polish with regular Sally Hansen 10-day clear nail polish. On Day 1 I knicked several of my nails with a knife while chopping veggies, so I just spot covered those. On Day 4, both mani and pedi looked great, but my fingernails were getting that dull sheen, so I put another coat of clear to gloss them up and as additional protectant. On Day 6 my manicure began to wear and chip around the edge of the fingernails, and on Day 8 they looked ratty. But my pedicure lasted through Day 10 - no chips, no dull sheen, they looked great! I was even tempted to not get a pedicure for my sister's wedding because we were running out of time running wedding-related errands. I haven't noticed the polish getting thick but, previous bottles have lasted at least a few months before getting unmanageable.

on 6/3/2008 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the WORST nailpolish I have EVER tried. It doesn't cover the nails evenly, it freaking clumps and I had no idea nailpolish could do that. Majorly dissapointed...

Ok so this is like $1 nail polish. It good if you really need some nail color and your in a hurry and don't wanna pay alot but their is a downside. You own this nail polish longer than six months it gets reallly THICK then it soon hardens and you are not using that anymore...lol.

on 5/4/2008 3:53:00 PM

This product is just AWFUL. Nothing more, nothing less.
The package is huge and extremely unhandy to open/close.
Polish is disappearing after 1 day (after a few hours if you clean something).
Maybe it's fun to have a polish in the color of your cloths but I'd rather spend some more for a polish that stays for about 5 days in a neutral color.

You get what you pay for.

on 4/25/2008 11:02:00 PM

well the price of this stuff is amazing.- 99 cents a bottle. and i love the colors. but theres basically no point in even putting it on. it chips horribly and quickly -and by the next day its almost completely off my fingers. works better on the toes though. wont be buying this stuff again.

on 3/10/2008 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this polish, I never have Any money to spend and I cant get a $10 polish, when this goes on b1g1 you can get a .50 polish that will last. Right now I'm wearing 'Denim Chrome' with wnw clear ('Knight in Shining Armor') and sparkly ('Psycho'). Applied correctly you can get this polish to last a week and look prefect. Plus for the price you could buy a rainbow and paint your nails to match your outfit. I love Denim because its a navy that you cant find anywhere else. They also dry fast. Whats not to love??

on 1/8/2008 2:34:00 PM

Wet 'n' Wild nail polishes are my HG! I've found the colors to be vibrant and relatively long-lasting (especially compared to other polishes I've tried by Maybelline, Revlon, etc.). Also, there are a variety of colors for sale to suit any taste. Plus, the price can't be beat. Finally, I recommend using two coats with these nail polishes. I've found that one coat is too sheer for my liking and three coats results in an application that is too thick and likely to peel. UPDATE: I tried OPI nail polish and it only lasted two days which is a little longer than Wet 'n' Wild but at a much higher price -- so I still think Wet 'n' Wild is a better buy and outperforms other nail polishes for the money.

on 1/4/2008 12:19:00 AM

I cant complain about a nail polish company that offers so many wonderful colors for next to nothing, however I can say that you do get what you pay for. These are my HG when it comes to matching a certain outfit for the perfect tied together look, which I do ALOT. Therefore I dont want to spend loads of $$$. However I usually take the color off within a day or so because the colors chip off the nail like crazy. And one thing I HATE is having nails with chipped color...its SOOO TACKY! BUT if you want a higher quality product with a little less variety save up some $$$ and start an O.P.I collection. :o)

on 12/7/2007 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Wet N Wild polish is great- I need a ton of variety, so I don't want to spend a lot. The only downside is the quality is pretty cheap also- these colors CHIP!! You MUST seal with a higher end top coat to make the color last. They can't stand on their own, not even for a day. But they have a permanent place on my vanity simply because the price lets me collect all of the colors of the rainbow!

on 10/27/2007 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love wnw nail polishes, they are cheap and have a good variety of colors. They don't streak or are lumpy like other nail polishes I have tried. They dry with a nice, smooth finish. I use their basecoat + nail polish+ their no chip top coat and my polish lasts without much chipping until I remove it. Great product for the price.