July 25, 2014 | 1949 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I came from using MAC's Studio Fix before trying this one out. This one has light coverage and so is less cakey. Even though there are fewer shades to choose from, I feel like this matches my skin better than the Fix does also. It actually looks wonderful in photographs. It gives your face a healthy glow without looking too shiny. It is a great every day powder to set your foundation.

Unfortunately, it seems like the product gets used up quickly and I am not even a heavy applicator. I hit the pan much sooner than I ever expected. So it could get expensive. I will definitely repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by anna214

I wear powder foundation so I only use this to set my undereye concealer - it works great for that as long as you work the powder into the bristles of whatever brush you use (I prefer to pat it on with a flat foundation brush) on the back of your hand first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this product! This powder is exactly what Ive been looking for and the best part is, the shade matches me perfect! I bought NC5 (the lightest shade) because Im extremely pale and this blends in with my skin amazingly!

This powder controls oil and shine without getting cakey... sometimes I reapply it in the afternoon but its usually not necassary. I dont normally wear foundation because I like to feel clean/natural and this covers just the right amount of redness in my skin without making it look like im wearing anything and It doesnt sink into pores, it actually makes them appear smaller!

The only downside about this powder is the packaging.. I wish there was a separate compartment between the poof/sponge and the product but I can live with it. I also think its pretty expensive for what it is ... I think maybe 5 or so dollars cheaper would be better but oh well! Ill keep using it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by stefkhan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC pressed powders work as any pressed powders would, however, I've found that throughout the day, as you press and press powder, your face begins to look a little cakey and white. I suggest using MAC blot powder instead, it is completely translucent and can also be used to set foundation. Same price, even better buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by xVegasx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I was not overly impressed with this powder as i had to keep re applying every 1-2 hours,but realy liked the design of the packaging as it is very portable and comes with a mirror and powder puff,this powder looks good and not cakey over Studio Fix Fluid.
I bought the powder in NC15 and it mached my SFF NC15 perfectly
I would not buy this again beacause i think it only looks good after first application.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 4:04:00 AM More reviews by cel1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased in NC20 to compliment my Matchmaster in NW20. It is very finely milled. Applied with a brush not the little sponge. I use it sparingly and find it sets foundation well. Didn't look cakey or too powdery. It didn't get a 5 from me because it is pricey and i'm not sure I couldn't get just as good in a cheaper price range but i do like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by iKittyLuv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this and my chanel pressed powder are my fav!!
gives a airbrush effect that I LOOVE!!♥

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

EDIT: Well it's like when I write a glowing review the product then fails me!! I now have a love/hate with this one. There's days it works great and others when it don't. Not really sure why but it's unfortunate because it started out great and I thought I found a gem here but guess not.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: They market this as sheer but there is defenite pay-off and it's probably more like light coverage. I just recently purchased a powder foundation from Too Faced and I liked it, I was looking for somehting that would give a tad bit of coverage and help with the oilies as well as set my studio sculpt foundation. It was okay but even using a fluffy brush and a light hand it was putting down too much color. So I decided on this and I cannot believe how good this is at controlling oil, probably the best I've found to date. After I apply my studio sculpt foundation I apply a light dusting of this all over and then use the sponge that came with and press some into my t-zone area. I don't really care for the sponge that came with it but I don't have any others so it's working for now. I also wish (like others have said) that there was a seperate compartment for the sponge so it was more sanitary. Overall I really like this product and the price isn't too painful considering its a high end brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by livinlife23

Best powder I have used to date and I don't lan on switching to anything else. Do not be fooled by the name. This powder provides light coverge. It does not oxidize nor does it make my skin oily throughout the day. Price is steep (for me) but it is very pigmented and will last a long time. I does not have titanium dioxide so it is fine for photography and will not make you look like Casper the Ghost. Basic. It works. Good quality. Enough said.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by CandeeNova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm usually and NC30 in the winter and an NC35 up to NC40 in the summer. With this powder, I find that I have to get one that 1-2 shades lighter. Not only does it run darker but i also oxidizes a little. Just as an example, right now I'm NC35 and I use this powder in NC25.
The powder itself gives a beautiful finish to the skin. I use it with covergirl compact powder puffs all over my skin after foundation. Using it this way helps keep me matte all day. I've tried using it with a brush but I find that it doesn't last as long/very long at all.
What I don't like about this powder other than the inconsistency in the colors is that it transfers easily and its a little pricey.
I wish the packaging was like MAC's studio fix powder where there was a seperate spot for the puff just to keep it more sanitary.