Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Blush 831D Pearlescent Pink

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/15/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

this is so much like the Nars blush orgasm, but less shimmery which to me is a plus. it's also maybe a touch more pigmented. it comes with a little brush i threw away right away, and the packaging kind of sucks, but you can't go wrong for a blush that costs less than $3. I haven't worn it all day yet, but it's going to be great for summer as it is peachy and makes your skin look sun kissed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really dislike the color of this blush on me. This is a nicely pigmented blush, and is a good amount of product and quality for $2.99. However, this color on me is clown-atrocious. It seriously shows up as this ruddy dolly pink on me. Since I already have pinkness in my cheeks that I have to neutralize, this does me no favors. This might work well if used with a brush that gives just a dusting of color, on certain skin tones (read: not for anyone with some redness they are already trying to combat!).

40% All Wet 'n' Wild products at Rite Aid! Heck yeah!

I admit, I haven't used much WNW since using my sister's teen makeup when I was little, mostly because I guess I thought I was moving on to bigger and better things by paying more and shopping at Sephora- lol.

This is very pretty! I was actually quite surprised when I first tried this on (no foundation). It is really pigmented... so much so I had to back off with my brush, but it's fantastic because you could load this on (like if you have to use the included brush, it's actually not that bad) and still easily blend it out. I can't say much for the wear as it hasn't been long, but when I try to wipe it off my cheek it tends to only sheer out, still leaving color. It is similar in some ways to Deep Throat, but not Orgasm. I think there are some differences in quality, but what could you expect?

Best part? I paid only $1.79!

on 3/31/2011 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Great pink color, baby-dolly without being annoying! And stays for hours. I always reach for this in the morning despite having much more pricey products at hand too.

on 3/31/2011 9:48:00 PM

You ladies have done it again! I can't add much that hasn't been said - this is a beautiful colour with a lovely finish that looks natural, flushed and glowy. I can't compare to Nars, but I expect I might not need to visit the Nars counter now! This is my new summer colour - compliments sun-kissed skin beautifully! And so inexpensive!! A little hidden DS gem - I love those!

on 3/24/2011 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried several blushes and this one is so pigmented on me! I love this color- it's sooo beautiful. A little goes a long ways, even on my tan skin it shows up. It looks like I have a "embarassed" flush and not anything clownish. I'm sure this will last me a while. The casing is not the best but for $3 it's worth it! It's very comparable to higher end blushes, too. Very glad I picked this up.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have this in the older silver packaging without the swirly imprint. As far as I know, they're supposed to be virtually the same product. This is a very nice blush for fair and light skintones, it adds a nice pop of color. It lasts really nicely as well, and for the price, it's a great product.

Wow.. btw this product is also called Colour Icon blusher in 831E Pearlescent Pink

When I walked past the WnW section, I saw this blush I thought that the colour was really pretty, it's pretty much a deeper shade of coral/peach.

When I picked it up and looked at it closely, it had very small gold sparkles in it which gives you a very nice sheen/glow. However, I still wasn't sure because I've never tried WnW blushes before and I didn't want to waste my $3 so I swatched it on my inner wrist..and holy cow!

This colour is soooo similar to NAR's Deep Throat! It's not exactly the same, but it is very close!
It is a tad darker, and less shimmery as NARS so IMO, more wearable!

The texture of the blush isn't the greatest. It's not chunky, or chalky, but just not as finely milled as MAC/Nars products....but who cares if its only $3!

I haven't tried it on my face, so I can't say about the staying power, but given that I have dry-normal skin, I'm pretty sure this blush will last awhile.

As for the packaging, it's very cheap. Very plastic, and just flips open, but the opening ....thing is very tight so you don't have to worry about the lid flinging open. It does come with a brush, but its too stiff. I'm just worried that if I drop this blush on any surface that isn't carpet..the whole thing will shatter.

The price is amazing! $3 for an almost-NARS dupe! How good is that?!

And if you are wondering, I paid $3.99 for 0.14 oz for this Wet n Wild blush, whereas the Nars blushes cost $29 CDN for 0.16 oz of product.

This wet n wild blush is 7x cheaper than Nars for almost the same amt of product, and for almost the same colour...!
I'm definitely going to repurchase this blush again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HOLY SMOKES. Is this NARS orgasm's cheaper cousin? I bet if you replaced the NARS with this blush, no one would be able to tell the difference. These blushes are identical to me. The finish is exactly the same. I wore the big O on one cheek and this one on the other.. no difference. Wet 'n' Wild keeps impressing me. All you need to do is tap your brush in the pan ever so lightly and you have enough rich color for both cheeks. Not kidding. It shows up so well on my NC35 skin. It gives a wonderful healthy glow. I wouldn't recommend wearing it if your eyeshadow is super glittery, but it works well with everyday neutral looks. $2.99? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Do yourself a favor and save yourself $23. The only downside to this product is the packaging, it's cheap and flimsy and gets dirty very easily.. but hey, the NARS packaging gets super dirty too. :]

on 2/5/2011 9:07:00 PM

This is a TOTAL dupe for Nars Deep Throat blush!! I have pale skin with slight yellow undertones. I find absolutely no difference between the two! Same finish and sheen too. I love Deep Throat, it's one of my fave blushes so of course I love Wet n Wild Pearlescent Pink too. If you haven't bought Deep throat yet, please save yourself a crapload of money by buying wet and wild!! $3.99 CDN vs. $29 CND for Nars :)

Popular Blush Products