April 19, 2014 | 1105 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish Blush 831D Pearlescent Pink

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

Wow.. btw this product is also called Colour Icon blusher in 831E Pearlescent Pink

When I walked past the WnW section, I saw this blush I thought that the colour was really pretty, it's pretty much a deeper shade of coral/peach.

When I picked it up and looked at it closely, it had very small gold sparkles in it which gives you a very nice sheen/glow. However, I still wasn't sure because I've never tried WnW blushes before and I didn't want to waste my $3 so I swatched it on my inner wrist..and holy cow!

This colour is soooo similar to NAR's Deep Throat! It's not exactly the same, but it is very close!
It is a tad darker, and less shimmery as NARS so IMO, more wearable!

The texture of the blush isn't the greatest. It's not chunky, or chalky, but just not as finely milled as MAC/Nars products....but who cares if its only $3!

I haven't tried it on my face, so I can't say about the staying power, but given that I have dry-normal skin, I'm pretty sure this blush will last awhile.

As for the packaging, it's very cheap. Very plastic, and just flips open, but the opening ....thing is very tight so you don't have to worry about the lid flinging open. It does come with a brush, but its too stiff. I'm just worried that if I drop this blush on any surface that isn't carpet..the whole thing will shatter.

The price is amazing! $3 for an almost-NARS dupe! How good is that?!

And if you are wondering, I paid $3.99 for 0.14 oz for this Wet n Wild blush, whereas the Nars blushes cost $29 CDN for 0.16 oz of product.

This wet n wild blush is 7x cheaper than Nars for almost the same amt of product, and for almost the same colour...!
I'm definitely going to repurchase this blush again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HOLY SMOKES. Is this NARS orgasm's cheaper cousin? I bet if you replaced the NARS with this blush, no one would be able to tell the difference. These blushes are identical to me. The finish is exactly the same. I wore the big O on one cheek and this one on the other.. no difference. Wet 'n' Wild keeps impressing me. All you need to do is tap your brush in the pan ever so lightly and you have enough rich color for both cheeks. Not kidding. It shows up so well on my NC35 skin. It gives a wonderful healthy glow. I wouldn't recommend wearing it if your eyeshadow is super glittery, but it works well with everyday neutral looks. $2.99? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Do yourself a favor and save yourself $23. The only downside to this product is the packaging, it's cheap and flimsy and gets dirty very easily.. but hey, the NARS packaging gets super dirty too. :]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ingrid88

This is a TOTAL dupe for Nars Deep Throat blush!! I have pale skin with slight yellow undertones. I find absolutely no difference between the two! Same finish and sheen too. I love Deep Throat, it's one of my fave blushes so of course I love Wet n Wild Pearlescent Pink too. If you haven't bought Deep throat yet, please save yourself a crapload of money by buying wet and wild!! $3.99 CDN vs. $29 CND for Nars :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Blackmamba323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great product

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 4:00:00 AM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this blush!! It's such a gorgeous peachy pink with shimmer that ISN'T over the top.
I totally recommend this to everyone because of it's pigment, texture, and price. On my NC42 skin it looks amazing, it makes my skin glow! I would without a doubt repurchase this. (:

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by aprettypetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because its supposed to be a dupe for NARS Orgasm blush. However, besides the gold shimmer in it, Wet 'n' Wild's Pearlescent Pink blush looks nothing like it. There's way too much red pigment it to show up as peach on my skin (though I guess it could work on darker complections). Anyway, besides the above I also found that the gold specks that made up the "shimmer" were of different sizes, and the powder not finely milled enough - factors that made it very difficult to achieve an even and natural application on cheeks. Its a very crudely made product that doesn't deliver at all, make it not worth even a small amount of money. So my advice is to pick up instead Jane's version of NARS Orgasm, which is maybe 2 or 3 dollars more and works wonderfully :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Wet'n'Wild blush in Pearlescent Pink is a pretty, inexpensive warm pink blush with gold shimmer. It's a bit coral, but not as much as Nars DT or ELF Candid Coral. It's quite heavily pigmented, but a bit dusty in texture. The gold shimmer is chunkier than I like, so even though the color is flattering on my NW10 skin, I gave it away during a stash reduction and have no regrets.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by lupiechick77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this blush! It's very pigmented so a light hand is needed. It leaves a beautiful flush of color and I think would look great on most skin tones. Also, you can't beat the price. I shunned Wet and Wild products for years because of memories of bad lipstick in my high school years, but they have definitely redeemed themselves. Another win for a bargain brand!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite blush. It's everything I wanted Nars Orgasm to be. I could never get any color payoff from Orgasm. However, this is not a true dupe because it's very pigmented. Some have listed this a con, but I don't see it as a con. That just means I have to use less of the product and saves me money :) One light swipe for each cheek is all you need. There is not any gold glitter, just gold shimmer. The actual color is a pinky peach on my NC30 skin. This really makes me glow and look just so healthy! I feel like it makes me look younger too. It gives me that just been playing in the snow look. It's what I naturally look like when I get flushed, so that's probably why it works so well for me. Packaging is not the best, but it's not the worst either. I would definitely repurchase, but I won't have to anytime soon.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by hawle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this at Walgreens for $3, which is considerably cheap for how much you get of this nicely pigmented product. This is a soft, pinky/coral toned blush with a little bit of golden shimmer that is hardly noticeable. It has some orange undertones, though nothing very noticeable or weird looking. It does have golden sparkles, though very few of them(it doesn't look cheap or immature). It's perfect for giving your face a cute, sweet, healthy, pink-toned glow. However, it is easy to overdo it(like with all other blushes). If you use too much, it will start to look cheap or silly, or even like natural unsightly redness. Less is always more with blushes. It isn't extremely highly pigmented, though you still do have to use a light hand when applying so you don't look overdone. The packaging sucks, as do all Wet 'n' Wild's product's packaging does, but for $3 that doesn't matter. I will probably repurchase, but I doubt I will run out anytime soon.