August 21, 2014 | 978 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Olay - Age Defying Revitalizing Eye Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Been using this on and off for 5 years. Its easy, economical, feels good and does a decent job for what it costs. I have puffy, red allergy eyes that are fine with this product and like anything else, if you use too much it won't dry quickly, feels tacky and will not impress you. Olay has been around forever and the products are sensible. Other brands that cost more MIGHT work as well but I'd rather spend $10 instead of $100 for the same results.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only Olay product I've ever been disappointed by...

It just didn't absorb well at all. Continually felt tacky/sticky around my eyes. Did not notice any difference in skin around eyes after using it regularly for a month. Ditched it and would not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by c1wall

I bought this product about a year ago when i first decided that i should be using an eye cream before i need one... the price on this was excellent (normally around $10) and Olay is a good company. I have to admit that at first i thought this product was a good one. After time i felt my eyes werent getting any real benefit nor any hydration from this product. That and I didnt like that I was dipping back into the tub for this product. I would have prefered something slightly more sanitary. I also found when I switched that my eye makeup didnt look as creased after a short time and i have to admit that since changing the skin looks brighter and overall just so much better. I would advise to spend a little more on another product that offers better hydration.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2007 2:30:00 AM More reviews by smurfect

I ran out of eye gel and this was one pot I found in the fridge. I had been using it for 2 days already. After the 3rd day of using it, it seems to lose its effectiveness. Fine lines resumed back to its orginal state.

Pros:
1. Cooling when applied on.
2. Absorbed rather easily.
3. Fine lines seems less obvious.

Cons:
1. Comes in a little pot. Would prefer a pump dispenser bottle to minimise waste.
2. Doesn't lighten dark circles and decrease puffiness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 5:43:00 AM More reviews by smitten8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have oily eyelids. too heavy creams can give me bumps around my eyes so this gel was a good option. the only downside of this gel is that its sticky, but when i use just very little and smooth it all over my lids and under my eyes its not that bad. the next morning, my puffiness and dark circles are just way better. its never puffy in the morning anymore. the dark circles just gets better. i dont know if it does anything to the wrinkles, but i dont care. it works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2007 2:40:00 PM More reviews by SammySushi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this about a week ago because the price was right. So far I like it better than the Avalon Organics Lavendar eye treatment I've been using. It does take a while for this one to absorb into the skin, but I think my lines are a little less pronounced.

I'm occassionally putting the Avalon on top of the Olay too to use it up and get my money out of it. I'm mostly using the Avalon on my forehead, etc. to use it up because it is a great moisturizer for my acne prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Caitlin0380

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good overall product. Light scent and easy to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by hemlyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm with bjcourville on this one.
I'm 22, have EXTREMELY sensitive skin and am prone to rashes when I use the wrong product. Although this is an eyegel, I used to it as a moisturizer and as a base for makeup when I ran out of my regular moisturizer. It was pretty much a stroke of brilliance. My skin has never looked better! No spots, reduced oiliness and a smoother texture.
I thought it may have been the "gel" formulation, and tried Clinique's "Dramatically Different" but didn't meet with the same success.
The only issue, however, is that the jar is tiny and this can be mildly expensive at that size, if used as a moisturizer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Electralight

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I applied this once and noticed that it always stayed tacky - it certainly didn't absorb well into my skin. The next day I had a similar reaction as the other reviewer below. Areas of skin under eyes became very dry and irritated. It also gave me much larger wrinkles then I had to begin with from the dryness - what a find - NOT! Would never purchase again and was a total waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2007 4:45:00 AM More reviews by hotpeenk

i like a gel eye cream but this was a little sticky and did NOTHING for me. (i managed to use up the whole thing anyway) it was soothing, cooling and light and that's it. will not buy again.